Ice Warning

Breckie

The Maxidot gives me an ice "warning" when the temp is low. That appears as a snow flake symbol next to the temp. figure.

BUT

According to the manual I should also get a sound warning. I don't & can't see any way of switching this on.

1) Is the manual correct & if so

2) How do I switch it on

Will only sound if it drops below 4 or 5 (can't remember which) whilst you are on your journey. If it is below 4 when you start it will only flash up.

It is 4 degrees when the bing goes off. For it to bing again the temp has to rise above 4 degrees and drop back down again, but can't remember how high, before it will bing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is 4 degrees when the bing goes off. For it to bing again the temp has to rise above 4 degrees and drop back down again, but can't remember how high, before it will bing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

if its below 6 or 4 degree when you first start the car the bing sound is not heard, I guess its assumed that you are checking the dashboard before driving.

but if you are driving, around 7-8 degrees and the temps drops below 6 or 4 degree (I do nor remember but was probably 6) then you can hear the sound to get your attention for possible ice on road.

Hi,

if its below 6 or 4 degree when you first start the car the bing sound is not heard, I guess its assumed that you are checking the dashboard before driving.

but if you are driving, around 7-8 degrees and the temps drops below 6 or 4 degree (I do nor remember but was probably 6) then you can hear the sound to get your attention for possible ice on road.

It's 4 degrees when the alarm sounds, works perfectly on my Yeti.

As mentioned above, you only get the 'bong' if the temperature drops as you are driving.

If when starting the engine the temperature is already below the threshold you won't get the 'bong'.

Hmmmmmm :wonder: ......so no "bong" on starting up. Every other ice warning that I've had made a noise on starting up if the temperature was below 3 degrees. Not made exactly crystal clear from the manual as it appears to say that there will be a "bong" if the temp is too low.

Thanks though for the info.

All my Octavias have chimed when the temp drops to 4, presume the Yeti will be the same.

Interestingly though I sometimes use a pool car when travelling between the schools where I Teach. The Corsas we use don't think its cold enough to warn of ice until 3 degrees. I always presumed that all makers would use the same temp!

Edited by IainM1970

Odd, 'cos I do get the bong when starting if the temp is below 4 degrees! Trouble is, it's not particularly loud and is easily missed as it occurs at the exact moment you start the engine - or at least my Yeti's does anyway!

Odd, 'cos I do get the bong when starting if the temp is below 4 degrees! Trouble is, it's not particularly loud and is easily missed as it occurs at the exact moment you start the engine - or at least my Yeti's does anyway!

Mine does too! But I think mine is quite loud - at least as loud as the "please refuel" bong (which I've heard far too many times recently!).

Well as far as I can gather then I should (maybe) have the low temp. "BONG" but obviously haven't. :( :'(

Incidentally I still don't get the "BONG" if the temp. falls below 4 degrees when driving.

Yours slightly confused. :x

Bing bong bingly bong! :giggle:

Did you get that enabled with vcds then? Not many people know about the Christmas ice warning feature :p

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

Now that would be fun..................

download your own warning sound!! :giggle:

What a good idea ... like the various voices you can download for some Sat Nav devices. I'd love someone like Billy Connolly telling me to take care cos it's *&%$&ing cold out there! :giggle:

What a good idea ... like the various voices you can download for some Sat Nav devices. I'd love someone like Billy Connolly telling me to take care cos it's *&%$&ing cold out there! :giggle:

"Hey, bawbag, pit yer seatbelt oan!" :giggle:

• 1 month later...

Have that feature on my Passat and I only first noticed it after 3-years of driving. Living inthe desert doesn’t really cause it to work so when it did I thought it was anerror code. Then I noticed the snowflake so all was well. Pretty 'cool' feature.

Edited by Saber