32KOFDATA ///// Fabia Sport (MKII)

32KOFDATA

Hey 32K you ever get round to seeing if you could get the wing mirror puddle lights to work?!

Still waiting on a couple of new led modules I purchased online - the ones I got now are not stealthy enough for me liking. soon as the new ones come in I will try to find a used/broken mirror to do my tests. If not I will need to try on mine and that is scary. Anyways I will keep everyone posted as always ;)

• Like 1

Still waiting on a couple of new led modules I purchased online - the ones I got now are not stealthy enough for me liking. soon as the new ones come in I will try to find a used/broken mirror to do my tests. If not I will need to try on mine and that is scary. Anyways I will keep everyone posted as always ;)

Glad you havnt given up on this looking forward to the end result, hopefully wont be too difficult as I quite fancy them myself :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

...and one more minor mod. I couldn't stand looking at the blue caps (Coolant & Washer) through the air vents.
Picked up two black ones from Alex over at AKS (http://www.akstuning.co.uk/#/shop/4561802127/Washer-Coolant-Caps-%28Black%29/3596876)
Great bloke and amazingly fast delivery :rock:

Here are the before and after - much stealthier.

E4N7xT9.jpg

Csfd2jV.jpg

xQXAcLc.jpg

I9GJod9.jpg

wiUPpKv.jpg

Edited by 32KOFDATA
  • Like 3

I feel so sorry for you. You are doomed to keep modifying your car. :rofl:

Of course this good for the rest of us. We are enjoying a wonderful transformation from a single Fabia amongst others to THE Fabia... at least in Greece. :rock:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tiny update - for a while now I was looking for a proper spot to place my phone. After a bit of search online I've found this mount (it works for both left and right hand drive cars regardless of what the pic shows):

http://www.mytrendyphone.com/shop/dash-mount-skoda-36871p.html

that neatly can be screwed right behind the trim of our head unit making the whole thing look quite stealthy. The cradles that can be bought for this mount are very expensive (already the mount costed me 19euros!) and in most cases they are phone specific so for now I've decided to reuse an old 5euro universal cradle I had lying around. Some extra strength sticky tape on the back and Bob's your uncle! So far it works fine and I like the fact that it sits on the same level as my head unit. Overall I'm happy :thumbup:

95454021.jpg

75420678.jpg

41943483.jpg

89611766.jpg

27772745.jpg

18415485.jpg

87353552.jpg

71815824.jpg

65088851.jpg

Tiny update - for a while now I was looking for a proper spot to place my phone. After a bit of search online I've found this mount (it works for both left and right hand drive cars regardless of what the pic shows):

that neatly can be screwed right behind the trim of our head unit making the whole thing look quite stealthy. The cradles that can be bought for this mount are very expensive (already the mount costed me 19euros!) and in most cases they are phone specific so for now I've decided to reuse an old 5euro universal cradle I had lying around. Some extra strength sticky tape on the back and Bob's your uncle! So far it works fine and I like the fact that it sits on the same level as my head unit. Overall I'm happy :thumbup:

95454021.jpg

75420678.jpg

41943483.jpg

89611766.jpg

27772745.jpg

18415485.jpg

87353552.jpg

71815824.jpg

65088851.jpg

Where does the mount screw on to? Is it one of the existing four screws already there?

Thanks

95454021.jpg

75420678.jpg

41943483.jpg

89611766.jpg

27772745.jpg

18415485.jpg

87353552.jpg

71815824.jpg

65088851.jpg

What does this mount screw on to? Is it one of the existing four screw already there?

Thanks

Yes I did yesterday!. Took me a while to install and it is very tricky due to the recess which I filled up with dirko silicone. Only negative is that when I tapped the badge overnight I think the tape dragged and angled the badge slightly. It is hard to realise the mistake but i know it is there and it is bugging me. I will post pics and you let me know if I'm too picky.

Again big thanks Alan :)

Do you have to fill the recess or can you just fit this style badge where the old one was? Also how do you remove both the rear and the front badge, is it hard?

Thanks

Do you have to fill the recess or can you just fit this style badge where the old one was? Also how do you remove both the rear and the front badge, is it hard?

Thanks

To remove them you need to heat them up with a hairdryer or heatgun for a while. It softens the sticky tape at the back and makes removal easier.

Tape the area around the badge so what you use to lift it up (screwdriver or plastic prying tool) doesn't damage the paint work.

The front badge is a straight forward replacement of the old - the one at the back doesn't stick and needs to get glued/attached to the recess.

• Like 1

To remove them you need to heat them up with a hairdryer or heatgun for a while. It softens the sticky tape at the back and makes removal easier.

Tape the area around the badge so what you use to lift it up (screwdriver or plastic prying tool) doesn't damage the paint work.

The front badge is a straight forward replacement of the old - the one at the back doesn't stick and needs to get glued/attached to the recess.

Thanks for your help, lovely car by the way!

• Like 1

OK so here are some pics I owe everyone of the interior. It took me longer to put back cause I also painted black magic pearl parts of the dash and door trims. (vents, door handles, dash pod, tach rings, gear stick ring and the stick itself. So no more silver plastic for me :no: . Very happy how it all turned out :party:

img1950b.jpg

img1949ek.jpg

img1939mn.jpg

img1937pk.jpg

img1932e.jpg

img1931b.jpg

img1910w.jpg

img1905h.jpg

img1902h.jpg

img1918fd.jpg

img1916xd.jpg

img1915l.jpg

img1913p.jpg

img1912gf.jpg

Hi I'm just in the middle of wrapping my monte interior in carbon fibre and I would quite like to do the bit by the dials (the big plastic part between the top of the steering wheel and the speedo and rev counter) was just wondering if you can tell me how to remove this so I can wrap it. :) thanks

Sits there with metallic clips, you just bend it it at the top =).

The bottom cloth-part sits with plast clips, be abit more gentle with them =).

Thanks for your help but which cloth part do you mean? I am on about the piece in the 8th and 9th pictures down that have been changed to piano black I think