How are we all watching F1 this year?

MartynVRS

I've deliberately put it in here so more people see it.

Of course I can watch it on the BBC but they don't have them all live. What ways can we get it cheap, preferably free and reliable coverage? As far as I can work out there is no cheap way of getting Sky and there's been no news from Virgin on the F1 channel either. I could get a dish and watch another countries broadcasts but have no idea where to start. Anyone do this?

The year in F1 has all the makings of a truly epic year. There's six world champions on the grid now Kimi is back. Hopefully Mclaren and in particular Mercedes should be a lot closer this year and Schumacher has shown flashes of his old brilliance. Di Resta now has his eye in with all the new tracks and is definitely one to watch this year. I can't wait for it to start but don't want to miss a second

If I was to get Sky HD (and tbh It's a last resort) I'd want no internet or phone just a box and a dish. Virgin Internet has been spot on so far so don't want to lose that. Since I'm still living at home with the parents the best way would be to get another Virgin Box upstairs for me and watch it there and pay my parents the extra but Virgin still haven't said anything and neither has Sky. Got a feeling Sky will make it an exclusive channel emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Then you have few options. The F1 channel will be sky only, so you're either stuck with the BBC's offerings or you need a sky HD package.

Sky are using it to get more onto HD, same as the change to HD only for football eventually - next season if rumours are correct.

1325960810[/url]' post='2636236']

Same here, haven't been bothered to watch F1 for years as it is so boring! Much more enjoyable to watch touring cars, rallying or superbikes.

What F1 boring, touring cars n bikes are pants F1 is awesome, until you've been to a track it's impossible to comprehend the power , I'm going to make the wife stand on the street corner so I can watch it emoticon-0103-cool.gif

What F1 boring, touring cars n bikes are pants F1 is awesome, until you've been to a track it's impossible to comprehend the power , I'm going to make the wife stand on the street corner so I can watch it emoticon-0103-cool.gif

You've clearly never been to a touring car race then? Which also includes Ginetta Cup, Porsche cup and clio cup races. I agree F1 is awesome on the track but BTCC is more fun to watch live and on the box.

I simply will be boycotting it this year also.

Same here, haven't been bothered to watch F1 for years as it is so boring! Much more enjoyable to watch touring cars, rallying or superbikes.

I went off it for a year or two, but the past few years have been epic (not so much this past season). As Martyn says, I think this season will be one to watch for sure! I`m already with sky so i`ll just add HD I think.

Been to F1 and it is just noise! Been to bikes and much better constant action. If F1 floats your boat then fine, just make sure your comb over is in place and the cardigan done up properly so you don't get a chill! :D

Until you have stood in the middle of a forest getting eaten alive by midges and FELT the sound of an approaching top spec rally car and seen it go effortlessly through s bends on marble sized gravel a few feet from ditches, log piles and immovable trees (in the dark!!) you have not seen the ultimate in motor sport. :D

Until you have stood in the middle of a forest getting eaten alive by midges and FELT the sound of an approaching top spec rally car and seen it go effortlessly through s bends on marble sized gravel a few feet from ditches, log piles and immovable trees (in the dark!!) you have not seen the ultimate in motor sport. :D

You can't beat it but the PC brigade have made it awful now and the 'British' rally (Welsh rally more like) is now awful.

Here here :D

Going to tune into RTL using a second dish a DiSEqC switch and retuning my freesat box. Its the same video feed from the track across the world and in the commentary boxes, so the R5 commentary should sync ok with the picture. A lot cheaper than being tied into sky for some ridiculous monthly payment. I can always watch it again with the BBC in HD.

I don't have Sky or cable and i love F1, so looks like i will only be watching the BBC races and the high lights which i am not happy about. I could go out and Sky installed but i have never like Ruppert Murdock and as he owns Sky i shan't be giving him my hard earn cash.

You've clearly never been to a touring car race then? Which also includes Ginetta Cup, Porsche cup and clio cup races. I agree F1 is awesome on the track but BTCC is more fun to watch live and on the box.

I simply will be boycotting it this year also.

Me too. ITV dumped it because they couldn't afford Bernie, now BBC has suffered the same, as well as losing MB and Ted to Murdoch.

Rubbish.

It all depends on what Virgin Cable offers and how much it will be. If it's too expensive then we'll stick to BBC and/or see if I can find streaming channels on the tinterweb.

BTW, Does Sky have TV Sports catch up on the internet (like BBC iPlayer)? If so, can non sky customers see use it?

You can't beat it but the PC brigade have made it awful now and the 'British' rally (Welsh rally more like) is now awful.

very true - bring back the days of Group B cars, and the 4 day Lombard RACthat traveled from Wales to Scotland and at times involved 36 hours of day, night, day driving.

Going to tune into RTL using a second dish a DiSEqC switch and retuning my freesat box. Its the same video feed from the track across the world and in the commentary boxes, so the R5 commentary should sync ok with the picture. A lot cheaper than being tied into sky for some ridiculous monthly payment. I can always watch it again with the BBC in HD.

How do you do this and what do I need?

Also seen this site that has live race streams but I need an invite code

racingfor.me