How do I get more power out of my pd100?

I have a fabia elegance 1.9tdi and I have had a remap.

The mapper thinks its on the lines of 135bhp but I'm not convinced (also how much are rolling roads so I can check this?)

What would I need to do next to get more power from it?

I'm guessing a new turbo but what turbo? Would it be a pd130 or do I go straight to a hybrid 150? And then another map.

Help is appreciated :)

Jay

For 170hp fit PD130 turbo & injectors - probably cheapest way as both items fairly easy to get hold of second hand on Ebay. Turbo circa £150, injectors £200+, fitting 6 to 8 hours for both? Remap will need adjusting to suit. You'll also probably need the 3 bar map sensor if the new mapping is going to ask for more than 1.5 bar of boost.

135bhp? Mine put out 119 standard, Leodsachs was 120 odd with a full milltec and pd160 , and both are now mapped, I haven't had a chance to get back on the rollers since to tell you ny mapped figure but it should be well in excess of 140bhp nearer 150

135bhp? Mine put out 119 standard, Leodsachs was 120 odd with a full milltec and pd160 , and both are now mapped, I haven't had a chance to get back on the rollers since to tell you ny mapped figure but it should be well in excess of 140bhp nearer 150

for a 100bhp elegance??

For 170hp fit PD130 turbo & injectors - probably cheapest way as both items fairly easy to get hold of second hand on Ebay. Turbo circa £150, injectors £200+, fitting 6 to 8 hours for both? Remap will need adjusting to suit. You'll also probably need the 3 bar map sensor if the new mapping is going to ask for more than 1.5 bar of boost.

thanks for the reply :) what do you mean turbo circa £150?

and injectors like these.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Bosch-1-9-TDI-PD-Injector-ASZ-PD130-ARL-PD150-038-130-073-AL-/320820945860?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFabia&hash=item4ab26b23c4#ht_545wt_1037

also what is the 3 bar map sensor and why do i need it?

(sorry im a bit of a newbie)

Thanks Jay

I take it the pd100 comes with a 2.5bar map sensor! Take away atmosphere pressure leaves you with 1.5bar. That means your limited to 1.5bar from the turbo. I'd say that'll be pushing it on a pd130 turbo. If you used 1.4bar that will give you a little room left for over boost.

If you went for a pd150 turbo then yes you would need a 3bar map

Sensor as they run 1.5bar stock. 1.6bar mapped.

I had mine remapped by R-tech in Hinkley.

Their rollers are very accurate, from all the stuff I've seen of theirs on forums.

My pd100 made (i think) 115bhp before remap (everything stock and 75,000 miles, but using BP ultimate fuel)

After the custom rolling road remap it made around 130+bhp (sorry I would need to dig out the graph).

torque went up too, think it finished on 225lb-230lbs from my memory.

The main difference was more power was available lower down, and continues to pull (rather than run out of puff very early) around the rev counter. Still sounds like a frickin black taxi

There was a thread i read with a graph of a lad with a pd100 remapped to 149bhp by shark. His was around 115-120bhp standard. Do you find much of a difference with the remap on the pd100? I'd be interested in hearing what you think as I has my pd100 done as well.

There was a thread i read with a graph of a lad with a pd100 remapped to 149bhp by shark. His was around 115-120bhp standard. Do you find much of a difference with the remap on the pd100? I'd be interested in hearing what you think as I has my pd100 done as well.

Yeah I noticed a difference mainly in the touque but I don't think it was a 35% increase this is why I want to try it on a rolling road :)

I had mine remapped by R-tech in Hinkley.

Their rollers are very accurate, from all the stuff I've seen of theirs on forums.

My pd100 made (i think) 115bhp before remap (everything stock and 75,000 miles, but using BP ultimate fuel)

After the custom rolling road remap it made around 130+bhp (sorry I would need to dig out the graph).

torque went up too, think it finished on 225lb-230lbs from my memory.

The main difference was more power was available lower down, and continues to pull (rather than run out of puff very early) around the rev counter. Still sounds like a frickin black taxi

I noticed my turbo kicked in a lower revs when I made a straight through :)

And I thought they were exactly 101bhp?

Wish I had gone to shark now!

I did notice a difference mainly on the torque but I don't think there was a 35% bhp increase as they said

I take it the pd100 comes with a 2.5bar map sensor! Take away atmosphere pressure leaves you with 1.5bar. That means your limited to 1.5bar from the turbo. I'd say that'll be pushing it on a pd130 turbo. If you used 1.4bar that will give you a little room left for over boost.

If you went for a pd150 turbo then yes you would need a 3bar map

Sensor as they run 1.5bar stock. 1.6bar mapped.

Where are the sensors? And how much is a 1.4bar one?

Circa - around bud and yes that would be an expencive way of doing it tho buy 4 together not individualy

Circa mean search around? And how much do you think I could get them for if I bought 4 together?

Also would it be possible to buy second hand ones or would they be knackered?

Thanks for the reply Jay

Wish I had gone to shark now!

I did notice a difference mainly on the torque but I don't think there was a 35% bhp increase as they said

I went to shark but didn't have a Rolling Road! I've found nice smooth gains up to the redline. Turbo kicks in earlier and pulls for longer. When driven as I normally would very smooth and relaxing to drive. Shift up earlier etc.

The best part is on hills! The torque is amazing and also on motorways when overtaking :) recon it would give a standard vrs a good run for its money :)

yes noticed a difference.

There's more power below 2000rpm, and the power continues around to 3500. Prior to remap the engine wouldn't really do much over 3000rpm, it always seemed just a chore to rev it back then.

Basically the engine feels more eager and has a much wider rev range now.

The power difference is quite noticeable on the road. I'd describe the difference in performance like driving the car fully loaded (4people and lugguage) to driving it on your own... if that makes sense

Edited by Gti Fly

The power difference is quite noticeable on the road. I'd describe the difference in performance like driving the car fully loaded (4people and lugguage) to driving it on your own... if that makes sense

Yes that makes sense. Or driving the car with your parents in the car then without lol :p

I have a shark map on mine. I went for it after all the great reviews, and after trying Andrews (Leodsach) first hand it was amazing. The shark map totally transformed my car and increased my mpg. Pulls all the way to the redline now and gives the car urgency and refinement