The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

• 2 months later...

Only 'just' found this thread, and going from the original dates & amount of pages, I was left wondering as I read through if the project had been sold off/scrapped (for parts) by now.. thank god it's not, & going by Richards Brisky racing  post, it finally getting sorted again very soon, yay! 

Immense thread, totally enjoyed this & looking forward to further updates.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2015 at 13:18, BossFox said:

I've not really worked out the lap times from looking at the other clips Ken.

The Yeti used to do a 0:58 when it was 290bhp and less well set up.

I would hope it's capable of a 0:55.  When I am really trying.

Shaving 100kg off with the carbon bits should help quite a bit at a track like Brands.

Bit late reading this fascinating thread well done on a truly crazy project. Just for info fortunate enough to get 3 passenger laps with Rickard Rydell in his championship winning BTCC car int he 1990's around Brands Indy circuit and we lapped in 48 seconds (despite my 95kg of added ballast). One of the pit crew guys told me afterwards that solo he would lap in 45 seconds. This is a 300bhp 1,000kg roll caged racing car with water-cooled 6 piston front and 4 piston rear calipers. 0-60mph on that car was only 5 seconds and 0-100mph in 10 seconds, but the braking was incredible. Under the bridge at 125mph down 4 gears on the sequential box and slowed to 60mph in 2nd gear for Druids in just 1 second. ABSOLUTELY MINDBOGGLING for anyone who has not experienced race brakes, properly winded me the first time he braked hard.:biggrin:

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Bit late reading this fascinating thread well done on a truly crazy project. Just for info fortunate enough to get 3 passenger laps with Rickard Rydell in his championship winning BTCC car int he 1990's around Brands Indy circuit and we lapped in 48 seconds (despite my 95kg of added ballast). One of the pit crew guys told me afterwards that solo he would lap in 45 seconds. This is a 300bhp 1,000kg roll caged racing car with water-cooled 6 piston front and 4 piston rear calipers. 0-60mph on that car was only 5 seconds and 0-100mph in 10 seconds, but the braking was incredible. Under the bridge at 125mph down 4 gears on the sequential box and slowed to 60mph in 2nd gear for Druids in just 1 second. ABSOLUTELY MINDBOGGLING for anyone who has not experienced race brakes, properly winded me the first time he braked hard.:biggrin:

Congrats on your day out.

For info the BTCC lap record is 47.990 seconds.

Tim Ingram qualifying 2016.

Rickard Rydells Volvo from the super touring era is slower (hence not holding record) so they are being a little optimistic/untruthful.

In relation to the Yeti, which runs no aero and road legal tyres, the times are not really compatible.

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BossFox said:

Congrats on your day out.

For info the BTCC lap record is 47.990 seconds.

Tim Ingram qualifying 2016.

Rickard Rydells Volvo from the super touring era is slower (hence not holding record) so they are being a little optimistic/untruthful.

In relation to the Yeti, which runs no aero and road legal tyres, the times are not really compatible.

Thanks for putting me right on that assumed the pit guys were being honest have you finished the updated engine mods on the Yeti and is it giving the expected 700 plus BHP. Love all your video's BTW and personally I think you are a good and considerate Track driver having done many Track Days myself. Keep up the excellent work. You're a real Skoda HERO on here!:biggrin:

12 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thanks for putting me right on that assumed the pit guys were being honest have you finished the updated engine mods on the Yeti and is it giving the expected 700 plus BHP. 

Mapping is taking time as had to sort a niggle.

Plus they need to do four maps and want to make sure it’s spot on.

due to power output a low boost setting might be handy in the wet. :)

• Like 1

On 02/09/2018 at 18:43, BossFox said:

Mapping is taking time as had to sort a niggle.

Plus they need to do four maps and want to make sure it’s spot on.

due to power output a low boost setting might be handy in the wet. :)

Niggles can be a pain, but at least it’s getting sorted :)

On 01/09/2018 at 12:58, shyVRS245 said:

Brands Indy circuit and... Under the bridge at 125mph down 4 gears on the sequential box

I call BS; there is no bridge on Brands Indy and never has been. The closest thing I can think of is the tunnel under Paddock Hill Bend between the paddock and pits.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KenONeill said:

I call BS; there is no bridge on Brands Indy and never has been. The closest thing I can think of is the tunnel under Paddock Hill Bend between the paddock and pits.

Theres a little foot bridge after paddock hill bend, just before going into druids. It allows spectators to watch from the in field 

8 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

Theres a little foot bridge after paddock hill bend, just before going into druids. It allows spectators to watch from the in field 

Thanks for that don't like being called a liar by anyone so if you need proof watch Eurosports highlights from Race 1 BTCC 1997 from Brands Hatch. I was invited on Press Day in March that year by TWR who ran the Volvo S40 racing car. Can send you photo's if you think I'm full of BULL. Enjoy this photo of the footbridge in the meantime. No need to apologise because everyone on this Forum no knows you don't check your facts!:biggrin:

image.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BossFox said:

Meanwhile, back on topic.  ;)    One of the niggles was the mapper having time off/sickness.

Time is marching on and I so want to get it done.

I hope it's not much longer.

It needs to be tested and out in November.

Looking forward to see it in action at Snetterton as am sure you are, hope it all gets sorted for you.:)

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BossFox said:

Meanwhile, back on topic.  ;)    One of the niggles was the mapper having time off/sickness.

Time is marching on and I so want to get it done.

I hope it's not much longer.

It needs to be tested and out in November.

Sorry for taking it off topic.

i bet you can’t wait to give it a good shakedown :)

this has to be one of the most anticipated car revival ever :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, superbtte said:

Let's say that results are impressive :) Richard will update this thread soon I am sure. 

Just heard from new friend Pete who had kindly offered to take me around Snetterton in November. Told me how much the YETI made on the rollers but not going to spoil it for Richard but the result is very impressive, can't wait to see it on track.:biggrin:

• Like 1