The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

44 minutes ago, TrevorB33 said:

Bonkers Richard!! a credit to your vision. Surely that’s got be the most bhp Skoda ever? Even the bonneville record Octy I don’t think had that. Edit a quick google reviealed it had 600bhp ish :)

Not sure, there was a twin engine Octy that was good at running drag times.

15 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

It had a race spec 2.0litre turbo pushing out 600bhp and recorded a time of just over 200mph at Bonneville.:clap:

I was thinking of the blue mk2 VRS from Eastern Europe that runs quarter miles in about 11 seconds, same as a stock GT-R.  It had an extra engine in the back.  Just under 800bhp apparently from both engines.

Guess it must be heavy though, CarThrottle claimed 0-120mph in 9 seconds.

8 hours ago, greenstripe said:

Amazing achievement - will the drive-train cope with the power? I know you've had work done there too

We will see.

In America they have run some serious power in the 2.5 5cyl, but the only cars having issues ran a Single Mass Flywheel like me.

We've now gone back to Dual mass to take out the shock loading that hurts the 1st/2nd syncro.  Other than that the gearbox was always fine.

Snetterton will be something of a test and shakedown day, so I'll take another car just in case we run into teething issues.

• Like 4

Absolutely frigging gobsmacked by this car. To think this was only a side project from the citigo…. an amazing credit to the hard work put in, of course money, but nobody but you would've created a car like this. Truly a monster in it's previous incantation now it'll be mind boggling quick... sick bags at the ready methinks!?! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/11/2015 at 20:36, BossFox said:

Yeti panels arrived today. :)

pGbdis.jpg

Quality is good.

Some small imperfections but nothing serious.

6okcfH.jpg

YRlNpS.jpg

vnjb7E.jpg

Plan now is to get them on the car and then painted to keep the stealth look.

Just going to paint the outside so the carbon will be visible when the door or bonnet is open, which I think is a nice touch and shows what the car really is to those that have a close look.

Just got to the (current) end of this epic tale tonight.  I had a good time reading about what happens when someone goes a little OTT with their performance tweaking.:D

Perhaps for a laugh at the next Track day fit a tow bar, bring a stickered up competition Porche/Skyline/Evo on a trailer, then go round in the Yeti with the trailer (plus load) still attached and overtake the other Porches and Evos?

I saw the comments about the Skyline racer in the last few pages, does it have a sicker in the back window that says "My other car is a Yeti - and  it's also faster than yours!":rofl:

I caught sight of a couple of background things in the above post which made me chuckle a bit.  Firstly the crate in the top photo where the new door panels are.  I presume there's a Russian Oligarch out there somewhere doing to a Lada what BossFox did to a Skoda?  I expect the crate was returned when it was discovered the wrong one had been sent and it contained carbon fibre doors for a Niva, or perhaps that is Richard's next project?  If people are stunned getting overtaken by a Yeti what about when the rusty 30 year old Niva with the numberplate Lad4 turns up and does the same.:D

Secondly in the bottom picture taken in the workshop laboratory where Igor builds Doctor Foxenstines monster I see no chances were being taken with break-ins to the facility, in the bottom right corner of the bonnet, the labs security system is reflected.  It looks like a very big, very angry version of the hound of the baskervilles.:o

Keep up the good work Fantastic Mr Fox it's been an interesting and amusing thread!

Edited by widdershins
Speeling ;-)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2018 at 15:12, shyVRS245 said:

It had a race spec 2.0litre turbo pushing out 600bhp and recorded a time of just over 200mph at Bonneville.:clap:

Wrong car

On 27/09/2018 at 06:39, BossFox said:

I was thinking of the blue mk2 VRS from Eastern Europe that runs quarter miles in about 11 seconds, same as a stock GT-R.  It had an extra engine in the back.  Just under 800bhp apparently from both engines.

You're short by about 400bhp :D

3 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

Would be interesting to see it on a prepped track that’s for sure. 

It seems to be mostly set up for drag racing and I'm sure it's very quick.

GT-Rs with that power are running 8-9 seconds.

1 minute ago, BossFox said:

After adding a lot of extra go, and reducing weight, we are also adding a bit of extra stopping power.

With bonus rotating weight savings!

Yeti Brakes.jpg

Personalised B)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

When are we seeing a twin engined 1500bhp yeti :D

Never, the Yeti was always made for track/road.  Never for drag racing.

You don't need that kind of power for a track day.

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BossFox said:

After adding a lot of extra go, and reducing weight, we are also adding a bit of extra stopping power.

With bonus rotating weight savings!

Yeti Brakes.jpg

Only just spotted the subtle etching on the disk - additional weight removal? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 07:37, shyVRS245 said:

Do need carbon pads to work with these ceramic discs?:blink:

Not special ones.

We will be running Pagid RS29 pads as recommended by the disc supplier.

There is a specific bedding in procedure with carbons to transfer friction material on to the disc for optimum performance.

So with their suggestion of pad and procedure we should be good to go soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BossFox said:

Not special ones.

We will be running Pagid RS29 pads as recommended by the disc supplier.

There is a specific bedding in procedure with carbons to transfer friction material on to the disc for optimum performance.

So with their suggestion of pad and procedure we should be good to go soon!

Can't wait to see it at Snetterton next Monday and if you change your mind about taking my SLOW (335bhp) Octavia for a couple of laps then your very welcome.:D

• Like 1