Tyres - What do you think?

Had a few sets of Nangkangs in the past' date=' hard as nails.

Grips OK in the dry, not so brill in the wet but at that price id get em.[/quote']

Due to their hardness, is the wear on them pretty good? Cheers :)

ive heard of them before, heard they were sh**e in the wet, and they aint all that cheap, 94 + 12 postage + 20 fitting = 126!!

I usually go for the falken ZE512`s from Tyrespot at a fitted drive in drive out price of 125 notes.

last well too, so a bargain in my book :)

• Administrators

erm...

Ask Jason about tyres...imho and may I relate back to climbing...the system is only as strong as your weakest link...knick in your rope taped up might save 90 quid, but won't wave your life.

Back to cars...you have 1.5 tonnes of car+people running on the road covered in lordy only knows what...your contact area? 4 palm prints roughly.

That is your weakest link.

I know money is an issue for everyone, I spent this morning trying to source some kumho tyres, in the end I'm gone back to the P-Zero Neros as they are only actually 40 quid more. For me coming to summer, tyres are a key not to be skimpped on. Fore go beer food for a week if needs be. IMHO very cheap tyres are a very false economy unless you only go out in 30's and sundays.

Now where is miss onatop when you need input on marshalls.

Don't go for Taiwanese, and on top of that, unbranded tyres. We have a big problem in Dubai with shops selling poor quality tyres in Dubai and every other day a tyre bursts. Pick a good reputable brand...like said, it doesn't even rate W...tyres like that are always above W. Stop thinking about the price, put in the extra and be safe.

Yeah, i personally wouldnt touch them. Anyone else tried Goodyear Eagle F1's? I've been fitting these for ages now and i just cant fault them at all, fantastic grip (particulary in the wet), reasonably priced and they sem to last ages. :thumbup:

Go to

http://www.blackcircles.com/

They quote the Nankang tyres you have seen. They also give a crued evaluation of them; good, better or best. They only rate them as good. They are about the same price as your ebay seller. In fact they also seem to have just about every tyre type I have ever seen. Prices can be either dealer fit or delivered to your door. I know a few guys at work who have used this web site and were not disapointed.

• Administrators

You may of done we are moving threads about...for reasons that will be clear in a few hours.

172? 712?

712's I think.

I was quoted 115 for the KU15's from the web fitted locally and 84 by a local fitter, but the local fitter reckoned the 712's were better because they were more popular...

Reckon they'd be fine :) Need more reviews me thinks...

Have you looked in the reviews section? Might be worth a look, you might find some tyres in there which fit your budget (and your car) that other people have tried and rate.

If anyone has tried tyres which aren't in the review section, I'd / we'd be grateful if you could add them.

TA

lol probably thinking of Clio's :confused:

Yeah' date=' going for the 712's, appear to be a fairly popular choice for the money[/quote']

Took my Michelins off and sold them in favour of the 712s - so far very happy with this choice :)