problems, or problem free?

actually yes, you do fit the criteria... yours wasnt drivable as normal was it? thanks for pointing that out :thumbup:

PROBLEM FREE:

1) Sharkrider. fabia vRS. 24,500 miles (2010 model chrome front, no mods)

2) Newbie 69. fabia vRS. 14,000 kms

3) Brin. fabia vRS 11,000 miles

4) MartynVRS Fabia vRS Estate 4800 miles

5) Pansom. vRS 4000 km minor stuff.

6) Mrs Goldfinger Vrs (DSG) 60 plate 4000 miles. ( hesitation but now ok )

7) MOBB vRS 18,000 miles

8) pipsyp minor stuff

9) Brian 69 vRS - 60 plate - 11,150 miles - no problems (probably kiss of death posting this :rofl: ) mods - only me!

10) the mad monk fab vrs 4400 miles (DRL's road rage aside, all minor issues)

11) Robl Fabia vRS 8,400 miles

12) Reavenger

13) hammer32

14) ab vRS

15) gjlb, vRS, <2000miles, (late 2011 model)

PROBLEMS:

1) StuvRS -Misfiring, identified as a broken cable to the MAS sensor. No misfiring since cable replaced.

2) JerryT - High oil usage (18000 miles) no hesitation with DSG (heavy right foot?) and no engine lights seen whilst driving

Have added 6 litres so far. 1.5 litres up to first service, in the next 7000 miles post service added a further 4.5 litres. currently under investigation by dealer. Still love the car though.

Vrs 700mile discovered using 700ml oil in 300miles resulting in a new engine and turbo at 1800miles, however new engine came with faulty turbo so third turbo lucky.

1800mile fuel pump actuator so with new engine was a new fuel pump.

Now at 6500miles sofar so good touch would but have alot of dash board rattles and squeeky rear suspension in wet and cold

Also just replaced key fob battery as stopped working for some reason

Edited by rob_tsi_vrs

So just to confirm..is that trouble free :rofl:

Hahaha yes, i was close to going down the money back route but im slowly gaining confidence in the car and i do love it, i also had a puncture and had to have new tyre at £110 cheap that aswell ha

Manufactured:wk33 2011

Mileage:5300

Mods:Revo air filter

Problems just starting 6 misfires in 2 weeks going to give a dealer a ring to sort only does it when cold.

Over reving loss of power when really warm oil temp 101 scary moment

Not required problems 1 litre of oil used, creaky rear suspension, creaky dials Perspex.

vRS bought new july 2011.

Now 6500 miles.

Used a lot of oil upto 4500 miles.Oil consumption now ok.

Rattles in dash and door trims,gradually sorted by me.

Just noticed some corrosion on one of the alloys (Dark chrome).

No faults needing dealer attention.

If it's DSG I'll add the following. feel free to delete if you don't want to include non Fabia's.

actually yes, you do fit the criteria... yours wasnt drivable as normal was it? thanks for pointing that out

PROBLEM FREE:

7) MOBB vRS 18,000 miles

8) pipsyp minor stuff

9) Brian 69 vRS - 60 plate - 11,150 miles - no problems (probably kiss of death posting this ) mods - only me!

12) Reavenger

13) hammer32

14) ab vRS

16) logiclee 2011 Fabia TSi DSG 9000 miles

17) logiclee 2010 Passat TDi DSG 22000 miles

18) logiclee 2009 Golf TDi DSG 20000 miles

PROBLEMS:

1) StuvRS -Misfiring, identified as a broken cable to the MAS sensor. No misfiring since cable replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Drivers and Readers,

We are a group of drivers who decided to gather on Facebook in the sequence of the DSG7 behavior problems in brand new cars (mostly delivered in 2011).

You can find the group by googling "SOS CLIENTS VW" or directly trough http://lnk.nu/facebook.com/1y4s

We will be pleased to share views and make the number to show Volkswagen they can't get away with their responsabilities.

Hope to see you soon.

Dear Drivers and Readers,

We are a group of drivers who decided to gather on Facebook in the sequence of the DSG7 behavior problems in brand new cars (mostly delivered in 2011).

You can find the group by googling "SOS CLIENTS VW" or directly trough http://lnk.nu/facebook.com/1y4s

We will be pleased to share views and make the number to show Volkswagen they can't get away with their responsabilities.

Hope to see you soon.

mine is a 2010 car... here's my youtube vid and comments if you want to link. its about the fact that some people suffer hesitation, and I never have..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJHT8HED3I

• Like 1

This poll must be rigged! Lol sure there was more issues this ? Stuvrs only one with problems? Rose tinted specs removed and truth will appear lol ,

thats why I started this thread! I swear to God, I thought there were massive problems with the new vRS, but it seems there are way more fault free cars than broken ones... (all the broken ones arn't on this list) but I think its just the way forums bring out the people seeking help with there problems more than those that are happy..

thats why I started this thread! I swear to God, I thought there were massive problems with the new vRS, but it seems there are way more fault free cars than broken ones... (all the broken ones arn't on this list) but I think its just the way forums bring out the people seeking help with there problems more than those that are happy..

Strange that only cars with no issues cropping up? , maybe they're bloody fed up and given up

If your car is problem free, good for you.

But try to look better and you'll see many complaints about noises and behavior of DSG7. Mainly in countries with hot temperature climate.

Thanks for showing your solidarity.

As you know the climate of the UK is Mediterranean, barely gets down below 18*c about 64*f ;) so this may be the issue, the summer temps are approaching 40*c

I agree. It's not relevant.

But the real issue here is not very much the climate but the fact that the weired noises coming from the DSG7 mecanism impeaches us to resell these cars properly due to french law restrictions (garantie des vices cachés).

Add to this the fact that there was no noises when we tried our cars before bying. If it did so, most of us wouldn't have bought it, I suppose. This is why VW is not professional in this matter when it says "noises are normal".

PROBLEM FREE:

7) MOBB vRS 18,000 miles

8) pipsyp minor stuff

9) Brian 69 vRS - 60 plate - 11,150 miles - no problems (probably kiss of death posting this ) mods - only me!

12) Reavenger

13) hammer32

14) ab vRS

16) logiclee 2011 Fabia TSi DSG 9000 miles

17) logiclee 2010 Passat TDi DSG 22000 miles

18) logiclee 2009 Golf TDi DSG 20000 miles

19) Dirty Hari VRS 5000miles TMC (April 11 Build) nothing major just rattles

PROBLEMS:

Ad Lav: 11 plate vRS Estate 4000 miles

Headlight fault - keep adjusting when driving along.

Rear stone chip thingys replaced as dirt was getting under them - misaligned from factory.

Creak from rear suspension. sounds normal as everyone has it :)