tyre pressures

Octavia VRS CR 170 5 door, what do you guys put in your tyres, do you find it better to over inflate or under inflate slightly, or just follow the guide lines.

On the 18s I put around 36psi in. A tad harsh comfort wise but I find it handles better and also better mpg!

I have a vRS petrol estate and put anywhere between 33/34 on front and 34/36 in the back depending on how fully loaded the car will be. Day-to-day general driving it's 33 front and 34 rear.

On the 18s I put around 36psi in. A tad harsh comfort wise but I find it handles better and also better mpg!

Would tyres not wear excessively in middle? I had a set of Eagle F1's and had around 34-35, and wrecked the middle in a short period of time.

Would tyres not wear excessively in middle? I had a set of Eagle F1's and had around 34-35, and wrecked the middle in a short period of time.

Not had any problems with uneven tyre wear at all.

I used to run 32/33 psi all round. I prefer a slightly softer ride. Also 90% of the time it was just me in the car

I have had these same sized tyres on a Focus ST and ran them higher but as someone else has said they wore out the middle of the tyres

i run 33 psi all round i find it gives suits me best for comfort and handling. Not all tyres are the same ,some have stiffer sidewalls than others which affects turn in feel and handling, just try a few different pressures and see what suits you best!