Speaker question

H17YD_L

I thought I'd post here instead of the ICE part as its a Fabia 2 specific and will get more views.

I think I've found the answer but need to be sure, are the front and back speakers in the Fabia 6.5"? Plus does anyone know if a speaker 65mm deep will fit ok,I know I'll have to space them out but any info would be great!

Front and back speakers are 16 cm. But don't know the depth

I bought jbl gto6508ce (and 2 tweeters) for rear doors and they are fine...

Edited by irfant
  • Like 1

The front and back are 6.5 inch, with 1 inch tweeters, no separate crossover. You could fit smaller with a baffle obviously. For the front you might need to modify/cut away some of the plastic inside the A Pillar..all depends on size, shape and mounting depth of the Vibe speakers.

You will need a baffle as the standard ones are part of the speaker.

• 3 months later...

I might be a bit slow here, but in my poverty-spec 1.2 70ps Fabia 2, the front speakers are 13cm and are not great sounding. Do I take it from the above that 17cm fit (with a suitable adaptor) in the front doors? I'm planning a half-way decent pair, expecting a separate cross-over and will get busy with the araldite to hold the tweeters into the A-pillar covers.

Thanks

Merlin

I might be a bit slow here, but in my poverty-spec 1.2 70ps Fabia 2, the front speakers are 13cm and are not great sounding. Do I take it from the above that 17cm fit (with a suitable adaptor) in the front doors? I'm planning a half-way decent pair, expecting a separate cross-over and will get busy with the araldite to hold the tweeters into the A-pillar covers.

Thanks

Merlin

how come they are 13cm? have you measured them? someone replace the original 6.5 inch ones with them? The oem are 6.5 inch mid with 1 inch tweeter in the A pillar and no separate crossover.

17cm will fit but you'll need a baffle/adapter anyway regardless of size as the oem one has the mounting ring as part of the speaker itself. the tweeter is stuck onto the A pillar, you'll need to cut them out, i'd make a little pod or mounting bracket.

• 2 months later...

HOLY THREAD-REVIVAL!

I've managed to remove all the trim for the speakers.

Drilled out the old speaker and was just about to install the new one when... I noticed that I got no adaptor for the speaker >.<!!!

Which one should you use?

Can't seem to find one for the Fabia mk2?!

• 1 month later...

Front and back speakers are 16 cm. But don't know the depth

I bought jbl gto6508ce (and 2 tweeters) for rear doors and they are fine...

Hi Irfant, I am looking for a tweeter for the rear doors, when I checked @skoda India they told me they cannot fit the tweeters, can you tell me the models and price ,link for the teeter will be help full thanks .

• 2 weeks later...

As above, 1" tweeter is fine ;)

I searched for one and as well in the Skoda service centre over here but no one has an 1' speaker and more over the service center guys told that in the back door we cannot put speakers those are just for style. :wall:

I searched for one and as well in the Skoda service centre over here but no one has an 1' speaker and more over the service center guys told that in the back door we cannot put speakers those are just for style. :wall:

What a lie! of course you can install speakers at the back - but why go to Skoda service. There will be so many shops in your area that surely can install for you speakers.

No point putting tweeters in the rear the sound won't travel . Tweeters as a rule need to be as close to ear level as possible so best to have them in the front pref in the pillars. The rears only need a woofer really

• Like 1

What a lie! of course you can install speakers at the back - but why go to Skoda service. There will be so many shops in your area that surely can install for you speakers.

Unfortunately i could not find one i will try and more over people

• 6 months later...

Hi, this one is maybe the most informative thread about fitting the rear speakers (and this one about how to remove the rear door cards). Let's say I succeed removing the door cards, installing the new speakers with the adapter rings and routing the wires at the doorsteps to the bottom of the dash. But is there a nice way routing the wires from the front door to the head unit?

Guys,

Can anyone direct to me a online shop from where in i can buy the tweeters for the doors please, i checked out locally (India-Bangalore) but could not find a 1inch tweeter. i would appreciate your help.

Guys,

Can anyone direct to me a online shop from where in i can buy the tweeters for the doors please, i checked out locally (India-Bangalore) but could not find a 1inch tweeter. i would appreciate your help.

As mentioned above, the standard speakers in the Fabia II are 6.5 inch with 1 inch tweeters. I don't know where there are car audio dealers near you, but if you can find a good car audio store simply ask for 6.5inch components.

Most 6.5 inch component speakers in the current market will fit in the standard locations provided they are not too deep, but if they are a little too deep you can make deeper baffles and trim/cut away some of the plastic inside the door card where the speaker grille is.

edit: in the uk i can recommend fourmasters, caraudiodirect and caraudiosecurity but these are based in the uk, i'm afraid i don't know any near you sorry. have you searched ebay?

Edited by fabia55

As mentioned above, the standard speakers in the Fabia II are 6.5 inch with 1 inch tweeters. I don't know where there are car audio dealers near you, but if you can find a good car audio store simply ask for 6.5inch components.

Most 6.5 inch component speakers in the current market will fit in the standard locations provided they are not too deep, but if they are a little too deep you can make deeper baffles and trim/cut away some of the plastic inside the door card where the speaker grille is.

edit: in the uk i can recommend fourmasters, caraudiodirect and caraudiosecurity but these are based in the uk, i'm afraid i don't know any near you sorry. have you searched ebay?

I will check out the places which you have mentioned and see if they ship to india. Thanks for the info.