Ok What's Best ? Autoglym,zymol Or Swissol

skodaw

I've always used Autoglym polish & shampoo etc - which gives great results - but it's hard work -- esp the polish.

Looking for a change came across Zymol -- look's great - but Very expensive.

Have seen various reports on Briskoda about Swissol - never heard of them before -- reports are good,but is it difficult -- don't mind intial hardwork to get sorted but don't want to spend more time dusting the car than it does to wash & polish.

Plus even the Swissol ain't cheap -- but then again you pays your money.........

Any swissol users care to comment

I've used a variety of products on cars over the years, from Minute Wax through to Autoglym and achieved different levels of finish.

Autoglym can produce a good finish, but you always suffer from the problem of the 'white residue' and getting the wax all over the black trim.

I too, was sceptical about Swissol, expecially considering the cost. But having seen some examples on Briskoda and elsewhere I decided to take the plunge.

If you look at my thread entitled "The Swissol Results Thread" in myStyling you will see the results.

If a couple of you can get together and get Mark to do two cars in the same day he can prepare them and then show you how to keep them in good condition, as he did with both Quinten and me.

The wax is so easy to apply and to buff - you can do the whole car, leave the wax and come back later to buff, unlike lots of other products. And no white residue! Lastly, the paint feels so 'soft', unlike any other finish I have come across.

So there you have it - one Swissol convert. I believe Mark will be coming to the national meet in September, so if you are still wavering come along and see some 'Swissoled' cars. You can then get a kit from Mark or arrange a visit. Just a suggestion...

Hope this helps, and sorry for going on for so long!!

:cheers:

Howard

I started off with the AutoGlym starter set (Shampoo, Polish and Window cleaner), and spend a whole Sunday cleaning the car and polishing it. I found that the shampoo wasn't very shampoo-ish unless I put more than the suggested dose into a bucket. Then when it came to polishing it it took almost the whole bottle to one car. At a stretch I could have managed 2 waxings out of it. Ofcourse after I was finished (and strained about every muscle I have), I discovered that my black strips where no longer black, but grey, and that on some spots it still had the white residue left (which can easily be brushed away, but it does mean you have to be meticulously). But it was shiny allright, so one happy man :)

Then when a few days (2 weeks) had passed and the car got its usual layer of dust and grub on it I thought, "good, i only need to wash it, and that will be it". Wrong! After washing it, the car was clean again, but nowhere near as shiny as it was the first time... Even my better half said so (and she thinks all this washing is a bit of a sad excuse to get out of the house ;)).

So after trying the cheapest, I thought i'd give Swissol a go as everyone who has used it has nothing but praise for Mark and his products.

And what can I say that hasn't been said before? See Howards thread on the Swissol results or just do a search on Swissol in the forums and see for yourself :D

Q.

Howard could not have put it better, I converted to Swissol just nearly 2 years ago & cant praise the product highly enough. OK so its pricey but it lasts, my pot of wax has lasted virtually the 2 years & that was cleaning 2 cars & waxing fairly frequently.

Other products are cheaper, the results arent as good & because they are padded out with various solvents etc they just dont last as long.

Also the tell tail white marks left on the trim etc by other producys are a pain to get off, with Swissol you can wax straight over lights etc, no tell tail white marks & it stops the bugs sticking.

I always say & others now agree with me that if you intend keeping the car for a while bite the bullet & get Mark to prepare the car, then all you need is the wax & maybe a bit of tyre dressing. Mark is also quite good at getting small scratches etc out of the paint, another reason to use him.

Mark is happy to just do 1 car but obviously if you get together with someone else it may be cheaper. If you cant think of anyone talk to Mark anyway, if you are flexible on dates he may be able to tee up with someone else in your area he knows of to do 2 cars at once.

I know a few peoplw who have pondered for ages before converting to Swissol but I dont know a single person who has regreted it or gone back to the more popular but grossly inferior products

As with Howards post, sorry for ranting on but this product is the absolute dogs doo-daas & deserves as much praise as possible

Stuart

Thank's guy's that's why I like Briskoda - everyone is very friendly and prepared to help.

It is a lot of money - but if it's a good product it will be worth it....Better start saving ready for the

Sept meet -- I will hopefully attend - and this will be my first opp to meet you guy's looking forward to it.

P.S

Do we know where it's going to be yet ?????

• 1 year later...

Agreed with 20VLIL here. I haven't tried Swissol yet and at the minute can't realy afford to, but Meguairs gives fantastic results for the money. It is much better than Autoglym as that is what I used to use before trying Meguairs.

If you are on a budget, then I would certainly suggest Meguairs. I use the clay bar with Gold class shampoo and NXT wax. All good stuff. :thumbup:

Started using Meguiars about 6 weeks ago will never look back. Used their website for help and advice, started off with their body scrub to remove any crap off the paintwork and then used their cleaner wax.

What a result, the bodywork fells so smooooooth and the paintwork is better than new.

Definately use their applicator pads and you will find that their products last for ages.

Also applied their latest NXT wax which is also reommended.

Follow their easy instructions and you can't go wrong.

I searched long and hard on the internet before buying and viewed various sites especially in the USA (where Meguiars is made) and they came out very well compared to the competition and beat Zymol which is very expensive.

So, view Meguiars web site, ask for info and take the plunge, you won't be disappointed and your wallet will be intact as well. :thumbup::thumbup:

I use Zymol auto wash and the Meguiars clay milk and Meguiars gold class polish, as mentioned, and IMHO it gives the best finish i have ever seen,the clay milk seems to flatten the paint and remove unseen dirt,then the polish brings out a mirror type finish,when finished rub the back of your hand over the paint work,pure silk. :thumbup:

I used to be an Auto Glym whore. I since found Meguiars Gold Class Wax, and its ok. Just very dusty and quite hard work. It does give great results though, and the finish seems to last well. However, as soon as the wax runs out (another 2 coats probably) I will be taking the plunge with the Swissol!

Under