What is a remapped VRS as quick as

FabiaVRSAJ

Sounds like another car with "possible issues" tbh, my mrs has a fiesta st (stock) and it sits with a couple of mates mapped fabia's without problems.

My mate had a lowered fiesta ST with a few mods and it was brilliant at handling it really was! - was very suprised.

Guest BigJase88

Good information here.

The C2 vts, Fiesta ST sort of figures isnt bad for a diesel. Is the heatsoak that bad on a standard remapped? how many runs does it take or is it pretty much after a couple of seconds?

One blast through the gears full throttle is about all you'll get on the stock intercooler!! Then its just dead.....

I can see that, depends if it the weaker non mivec V6 they are pretty weak my mate used to have one, the MIVEC was miles better i believe.

Ye ive raced a mivec when i had my 20v turbo ibiza but that was about 245bhp n i did no the road very well

I beat an s2000 easily.

When i threw the fabia out of a plane 5000 feet up LOL.

The Cumbria run last year, we had an S2000 join us. I was being held up behind it. Damp twisty roads + rwd = a lot slower than I was expecting.

A mapped Fabia doesn't beat a CTR. It keeps up but the CTR is always pulling. Done numerous drags with my mate. All these people who saying they beat them you don't. Wake up and pinch yourself

I think the fabia Vrs is a great car for what it was designed to do, I had a mk1 with 190+ bhp huh was a great point to point car, I now drive a Mk 6 golf Gti which is faster in every way and a s2000 which is faster still

I would have another fabia in a heartbeat if it served a purpose but a real hot hatch it isn't,

Sounds like another car with "possible issues" tbh, my mrs has a fiesta st (stock) and it sits with a couple of mates mapped fabia's without problems.

He's running a mountune cais, piper flexi and milltek cat back, no issues with his car, mines just faster, and easily at that

I think the fabia Vrs is a great car for what it was designed to do, I had a mk1 with 190+ bhp huh was a great point to point car, I now drive a Mk 6 golf Gti which is faster in every way and a s2000 which is faster still

I would have another fabia in a heartbeat if it served a purpose but a real hot hatch it isn't,

See, proper performance cars! :D

He's running a mountune cais, piper flexi and milltek cat back, no issues with his car, mines just faster, and easily at that

OK, I lied a little, my mrs has some gel overlay badges they obviously must yield so massive power gains. :giggle:

I`m even more surprised given the power gains that can be had from simple breathing and exhaust mods (eg the exhaust and induction kit) with the decent parts he has on his it should maybe even pull on the fabia. When we got our ST I was genuinely surprised, the fabia was just mapped then and I was gutted the mrs had a car as fast as mine lol. Every car is different and that, maybe its just variables. :think:

OK, I lied a little, my mrs has some gel overlay badges they obviously must yield so massive power gains. :giggle:

I`m even more surprised given the power gains that can be had from simple breathing and exhaust mods (eg the exhaust and induction kit) with the decent parts he has on his it should maybe even pull on the fabia. When we got our ST I was genuinely surprised, the fabia was just mapped then and I was gutted the mrs had a car as fast as mine lol. Every car is different and that, maybe its just variables. :think:

I didn't think we were doing visual mods lol in that case he has the gel over lays too, sprayed plastics etc lowered and other bits and pieces. Did you take the two cars over 70? They are about the same to there then It really is a breeze, I even pulled on him when I was standard on the top end :) maybe more likely I've got a good one than possible issues with his car, there's an st500 with a full milltek and it's ever so slightly quicker than his so the two cars are basically the same.

Guest BigJase88

Got to agree with wilsy ive experienced the same a mapped fabia does pull on a fiest st but it really isnt anything to write home about... Were talking edging passed ever so slightly

After doing my first trackday on Saturday, I found you need a stupid amount of power to be able to really pull a gap over other cars.

Keeping up is easy enough but pulling a gap isnt.

As for the Typer R talks - maybe for a little bit in a straight line, but when corners come just change up and keep it economical lol

Got to agree with wilsy ive experienced the same a mapped fabia does pull on a fiest st but it really isnt anything to write home about... Were talking edging passed ever so slightly

I edged passed as standard but it's fairly comfortable with the map. I know it's no mean feat just saying lol

Edited by wilsy7

Maybe its my superior driving skills then :sun: Plus none of these mapped fabia`s are mega harsh or anything and since were talking about a second or so to around a 100, it`ll be one or two car lengths either way.

Or lack of skills in the fabia since the fiesta can keep up lol :D once 100 comes up I'm easily 5-6 car lengths in front :)

Guest BigJase88

I never experienced that...

Was kindov like a tortoise racing a snail...

Wasnt worthy of HD television thats for sure

Edited by BigJase88

Just had a quick look on the fiesta 1/4 mile list, roughly seems to be a stock ST does a 1/4 mile in high 15 - low 16 seconds. Mapped fabia would be around 15.5? So around half a second, maybe a second, but thats from standing up to 100. Off the line the fiesta gains due to less gear changes, but once moving the fabia would have better in gear pull. I dont have the facilitates to test past 70mph, but I suspect the fabia would have longer legs at that speed.

I suspect this kinda situation where there are barely any time difference at all results in so many arguments on forums. The same driver it each car it should be next to nothing in it, but on the road, with different drivers, one will get a better exit from a roundabout, better traction off the line, or purely a buffon driving one of the cars and before you know it the old " oh I battered a XXXX the other day" stories start.

As side from this whole discussion, none of the various cars spoken about in this thread make me wish I have one over the fabia, its not all about speed at the end of the day. On the road, I rather have a nice lump of power low down than have to be bouncing off the limiter everywhere, I find it more usable and more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Just had a quick look on the fiesta 1/4 mile list, roughly seems to be a stock ST does a 1/4 mile in high 15 - low 16 seconds. Mapped fabia would be around 15.5? So around half a second, maybe a second, but thats from standing up to 100. Off the line the fiesta gains due to less gear changes, but once moving the fabia would have better in gear pull. I dont have the facilitates to test past 70mph, but I suspect the fabia would have longer legs at that speed.

I suspect this kinda situation where there are barely any time difference at all results in so many arguments on forums. The same driver it each car it should be next to nothing in it, but on the road, with different drivers, one will get a better exit from a roundabout, better traction off the line, or purely a buffon driving one of the cars and before you know it the old " oh I battered a XXXX the other day" stories start.

As side from this whole discussion, none of the various cars spoken about in this thread make me wish I have one over the fabia, its not all about speed at the end of the day. On the road, I rather have a nice lump of power low down than have to be bouncing off the limiter everywhere, I find it more usable and more enjoyable.

We didn't have any corners it was just up a big long slip way, side by side then going for it

To put things into perspective with the type r debate, I owned a 98 spec JDM dc2 integra type-r with aftermarket 4-2-1 manifold, decat, buddy club exhaust and a cold air intake. I raced a lad I know who at the time had a 240bhp 1.9tdi Ibiza cupra (it was very heavily modified) and I'm not gona lie from a standing start he pulled 2 car lengths on me! However past 80mph it was a different matter! Once the integra got into it's stride I sailed past him :) I will say though the 1.9 pd engine gives awesome low down and mid range shunt, he probably had twice the torque of the integra lol!

I had an Astra van drive up my arse the other night so I put my foot down to "teach him a lesson" then he just flew past me. God knows what was under the bonnet but it certainly put me in my place lol