POLL - Ownership

Satisfaction  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a Petrol Octavia

• I have had more than 1 issue during ownership ?
    • I have had no issues during ownership ?
    • I would seriously consider another Skoda
    • I would not consider another Skoda
  2. 2. Do you own a Diesel Octavia

• I have had more than 1 issue during ownership ?
    • I have had no issues during ownership ?
    • I would seriously consider another Skoda
    • I would not consider another Skoda

Petrol here and would never buy another Skoda or VAG car ever again, Customer services is awful all they do is drag there heels in resolving any issues even a year and a half after asking them and that "passing the buck" trick they are damn good at that.

13 months ownership and 12 faults some pretty major and ongoing still, dont think we have had a month of ownership it hasn't had an issue to be fair.

Skoda manufacturers of crap cars and angry drivers!!

• Like 1

Had my 2010 VRS for just over 13 months now, only slight issue is the dash rattle on the passenger side but then that appears to be quite common. Would definitely consider another one in the future.

Had my 2010 VRS for just over 13 months now, only slight issue is the dash rattle on the passenger side but then that appears to be quite common. Would definitely consider another one in the future.

I had the dash rattle. Took mine back and the dealer cured it by inserting "padding". Simples.

I'd to answer a question on owning a petrol Octavia before polling on behalf of my diesel.

The questions are defective as it does not allow for one issue- a biggie in my case- a failing turbo.

No problems at all with my dealer, Gordon Lamb of Chesterfield, who are unfailingly polite and willing.

Edited by gregoir

Had three petrol Skodas and enough is enough, this time its the gearbox. Just placed an order for a Peugeot 508 SW today. I shall give them a try.

On my 2nd Octavia now.

1st was a 2006 MK1 1.9tdi owned from brand new.Was offered a great deal from my dealer to get the MK2 1.9 tdi.

2nd is a 2006 MK2 1.9tdi owned from brand new.Had a SMF conversion under warranty at 35K.Still have this car.

Both cars have been trouble free and my Skoda dealer have been faultless and family owned.

I would definately buy Skoda again.

Eh?

"[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll"

I don't want to vote in the diesel one, just petrol. This poll is rubbish.

FWIW, i've had a couple of issues with my petrol vRS, but so what? Both under warranty and I had similar with the VW i had before, and i'd expect this is pretty normal for any car in this price bracket. Generally, cars are complex and to expect to run anything with zero issues is unrealistic.

Will a couple of issues mean i look else where? No way. I love the skoda's mix of performance, handling, space, mpg, quality and price. There is nothing else available that hits all of those sweet spots. My next car will be another vRS.

HTH.

Eh?

"[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll"

I don't want to vote in the diesel one, just petrol. This poll is rubbish.

FWIW, i've had a couple of issues with my petrol vRS, but so what? Both under warranty and I had similar with the VW i had before, and i'd expect this is pretty normal for any car in this price bracket. Generally, cars are complex and to expect to run anything with zero issues is unrealistic.

Will a couple of issues mean i look else where? No way. I love the skoda's mix of performance, handling, space, mpg, quality and price. There is nothing else available that hits all of those sweet spots. My next car will be another vRS.

HTH.

In 1611 posts, here is someone that just looks at what is previously posted, and doesnt actually read what has been put ?

from post #2 -

Got issues with Poll - please Ignore this post while i try to resolve

Iv just got the common problems, DMF knackered and poor starting, not enough to put me off Skoda at all, when the time does come to replace mine im looking to get the FL Octy vRS :)

Iv just got the common problems, DMF knackered and poor starting, not enough to put me off Skoda at all, when the time does come to replace mine im looking to get the FL Octy vRS :)

Seriously you think thats acceptable? a clutch and flywheel issue and problems starting? i wouldnt accept that personally.

In 1611 posts, here is someone that just looks at what is previously posted, and doesnt actually read what has been put ?

from post #2 -

Got issues with Poll - please Ignore this post while i try to resolve

I thought you might have fixed it by now? Whatever.

Coming up on 5yr of ownership.

[TOUCH WOOD}

I've had no significant issues at all.

Would I get another one?

Probably not. But that's not a critisism of the car. I like to change car each time I get one. For me the next car will be something softer and not a sporty model. A complement of the Skoda is that I probably will be looking at premium brands. Teh skud has been so good I don't think I'd 'lower' myself to a Vx or Ford.

But I think the current crop of Skodas are too expensive. They've put themselves too close to VW / Audi prices.

Seriously you think thats acceptable? a clutch and flywheel issue and problems starting? i wouldnt accept that personally.

This is common problem across the whole VAG range and so is the cold starting. Iv always liked VAG's over any other car manufacturer so ill put up with the problems, every make has its problems.

Had our 54 plate 2.0PD from new and done about 143.000 miles in it. A few minor bits and bobs over the years but overall extremely happy with the reliability and performance. We're starting to see higher service costs now simply due to the wear and tear associated with the mileage (and the ridiculous speed bumps where we live).

For what you get for the money with Skoda I can't really see past the brand and we've just ordered a 1.6TDi Estate (thank you VAT Free / 0% finance offers). We should get the new one in May - can't wait.

Just over 2 years in and about to run out of warranty (almost at 60000 miles) and I've been happy with my vRS (first Skoda and second VAG car)

Had a door seal replaced after a few months and the front shocks replaced (back end of last year), both under warranty. Apart from that, not had any issues although I don't think the economy is great for a 2 litre diesel (although for a 170hp car it's not bad...).

I'd definitely consider another Skoda, but think I'll be opting back into the company car scheme to fix my motoring costs which almost certainly means that this time next year I'll be in an Insignia...

Ah just filled in this poll the other day and then got my first "issue" - exhaust warning light has come on, still goes fine but into dealer tomorrow to get it checked out :(