is it me

It's by no means beautiful but I quite like the looks of my pre FL. I was originally going to go down the Leon FR/Golf Gti route but having a family, the boot in the Octy won it!

Those special edition ones are better. :)

In what way better?

They don't look as good as Zeniths IMO

They are harder to clean than Zeniths

They apparently break more easily than......any other type of wheel :)

In what way better?

They don't look as good as Zeniths IMO

They are harder to clean than Zeniths

They apparently break more easily than......any other type of wheel :)

In that they don't look as pants as the Zeniths, really don't like them at all. Didn't know they were prone to failure. :giggle:

is it only me or have you also bought a skoda vrs for the performance and size that you can get for your money?no matter how many times i look at my car its still looks like a pig ,at best not an ugly one but still a pig.dont get me wrong i like it a lot but it is far from a nice to look at

No, it's not just you. Your car is definitely ugly. :giggle:

Let's see what the mk3 vrs will bring next year, I deffinatly would not be buying a new vrs now when there's a new one next year I'd be holding out :)

Where did you read or who told you the new vRS will be next year??

I learned a long time ago that when you buy a car for its' looks only those outside the car get to enjoy it - remember the Ford Capri - great looks but awful to reverse and not that great to drive at all. At least with the Octy it drives well, costs far less than it is worth and has all the performance you could ask for in a saloon or estate.

I learned a long time ago that when you buy a car for its' looks only those outside the car get to enjoy it - remember the Ford Capri - great looks but awful to reverse and not that great to drive at all. At least with the Octy it drives well, costs far less than it is worth and has all the performance you could ask for in a saloon or estate.

That is all well and good up to a point but what if the Octavia looked like a Fiat Multipla, you wouldn't buy one. :rofl: I think they are decent, if not great, looking cars. Of course one persons Mona Lisa is another persons Shrek but I take enjoyment from a nice looking clean car as well as its performance. :)

That is all well and good up to a point but what if the Octavia looked like a Fiat Multipla, you wouldn't buy one. :rofl: I think they are decent, if not great, looking cars. Of course one persons Mona Lisa is another persons Shrek but I take enjoyment from a nice looking clean car as well as its performance. :)

Which does make one wonder why people do buy/drive the likes of the Multipla.

I think some people regard a car as a utility - a necessary expense to get from A to B. Pride in ownership is non-existant in their case. I would not go so far in this direction as to abuse the pedestrian's eyes with a Fiat Multipla but I do not dislike the look of my Octys even though the shape is now quite dated.

No, it's not just you. Your car is definitely ugly. :giggle:

I spat my lunch all over the keyboard at that one!! AWSOME!

BTW, Fiat Multipla's are bloody fantastic - total out of the box styling execise and it worked! I saw Roberto Giordanelli from Auto Italia fame thrapping a lowered one with aftermarket alloys on around the temporary track at Brooklands one Sunday many years ago!

I taught I red on here it's been launched late 2013

Believe a new Octavia is being launched some time in 2013, unknown if that will include a vRS model. However I did find this "....while the top of the range will be represented by the RS version with the 2.0-litre TSI with 270 hp (the same engine as that of the Golf R)."

Believe a new Octavia is being launched some time in 2013, unknown if that will include a vRS model. However I did find this "....while the top of the range will be represented by the RS version with the 2.0-litre TSI with 270 hp (the same engine as that of the Golf R)."

Way off topic but..........apparently there are pigs flying over Heathrow at this very moment.

Why would the VW group stick the 270hp engine into their "economy" model?

It won't be out of the kindness of their heart and it would lose revenue elsewhere in the group. In fact, why buy a Golf R if you can obtain the same drivetrain, suspension and floorplan for 10K less? Sure the Octy isn't anywhere near as sexy but it's bigger and a lot of people would find the better VFM difficult to ignore.

Yeah and apparently there are pigs flying over Heathrow at this very moment. Why would the VW group stick a 270hp engine into their "economy" model? It won't be out of the kindness of their heart and it would lose revenue elsewhere in the group. In fact, why buy a Golf R if you can obtain the same drivetrain, suspension and floorplan for 10K less?

Just rumours, however it doesn't seem to make much difference, people still buy Audis despite the VW being cheaper, despite the Skoda being cheaper. Also didn't they stick the same engine as the GTi in the current Octavia.

Way off topic but..........apparently there are pigs flying over Heathrow at this very moment.

They do . :giggle:

Police+helicopter+2.jpg

• Like 1

The pre-FL looks more aggressive and far less feminine...

SkodaOctaviavRS.jpg

This was the dilemma i had when rebuilding mine. I could have changed the front to the FL but for me i find the FL a bit more feminine and prefer the Pre (i think lol). Was a tough decision mind and see the FL sometimes and think that i should have fitted it. Think its a good looking car mind you especially compared to other estates out there. Theres loads of hatchbacks to choose from (not many have the performance or spec of the vRS for the money mind), but in the quick estate market the vRS is outstanding.

Mazda 6 is not bad mind and good looking car in estate.

Aren`t you just saying the same, I hate it when people say it is a pre FL it is a mark two! :giggle:

It was your "it is not a pre FL it is a M2" comment that threw me as your vRS is both, it is a MkII and is pre-facelift.

The problem with using just MkII rather than pre-FL is that there are two different MkII's - the pre-FL and FL so you could confuse people.

Confused!? :giggle:

never said i hate the way it looks?they are not the best looking cars on the road thats for sure but the best vfm.mine is 57 plate black with 18" wheels

I kind of agree, it's not a bad looking car but it's not what you'd call an attractive car IMO. I still like it and I love owning it and driving it. I bought mine for size, space, performance, VFM but not really for looks but that's never really been an important factor for me when buying a car.

It was your "it is not a pre FL it is a M2" comment that threw me as your vRS is both, it is a MkII and is pre-facelift.

The problem with using just MkII rather than pre-FL is that there are two different MkII's - the pre-FL and FL so you could confuse people.

Confused!? :giggle:

I can see Alan's point - there is an original Mk2, then a facelift, so is there any need to say pre-facelift?

Then again, I can see the argument that if you just say you own a Mk2, someone will ask you if it's pre or post facelift

Think this might be one for Harry Hill to resolve

• Like 1

Depends on the reg. If you've got a facelift model, then yes, it looks like the b@stard offspring of a Hyundai!

I have the pre-fl however, and love the way THAT looks. :)

hahahaha... tickled me that one pre-fl all the way!

I can see Alan's point - there is an original Mk2, then a facelift, so is there any need to say pre-facelift?

We are already on the MkII forum though.

FIGHT!!

• Like 1

It is worth remembering that the MkII Octavia is 8 years old now (2004 - 2012).

The 2009 facelift got new headlights, wing mirrors and dash but other than that it is identical.

New front ..not just headlights... and DRL's ...XDS diff...Bolero ICE

• Like 1