DRL with eBay LEDs

Up date......

"We are very sorry.....we will credit you for the difference (after I asked) and we will advise you when they come in, should be a couple of weeks".

Of course, I only really got this after I started talking about the Sale of Goods Act and Misrepresentation. :giggle:

Personally, I think that someone there can't be ars'd to contact the buyer and say "excuse me, but we don't have any 21's, would you like some 18's in stead?"

So....IF they call me when there are some more in, I think I might have to have 18's in the reversing lights. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another update!

After putting a "neutral" feedback on Ebay.....well....they may have offered the difference back, but that's not really the point....

anyway....they have offered to refund me in full if I retract the feedback!?

Works for me! :rock:

SO....here is the question....loads of us have tried different types of LED's....the question is:

"Which ones are the best?"

Need to consider

- cost

- brightness

- colour

- customer service

Come on peeps....let's make a decision! :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I am looking at upgrading the DRL's and the indicators as i have the L&K saloon with the rear LED side/brake Lights.

Think the indicators and the DRLs would be the finnishing touch?

Any ideas how easy it is to change the indicator bulbs?

Hey.

I ordered these after reading this topic and got 18's aswell instead of 21's.

Contacted them through e-mail about this and they told me to call the customer service...

Enter your VIN into http://igorweb.org/vindec/ and it will decode it and tell you the model year. Mine, for example reads:

Škoda Superb II Combi Comfort/Ambition/Elegance 2.0 TDI 125kw

model year 2012, production number ******

7x airbag, production plant Kvasiny (CZ)

The entered VIN is valid!

Mine reads

Škoda Octavia II Elegance 2.0 TDI 103kw

And my signature below is correct ;-) Would not mind the engine but would be disappointed if it was just a small octavia ....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just to let you know.

I too ordered the 21 SMD bulbs from UCP and recieved the 18's.

After a couple of polite but very strong words from me, they have posted me some 21's.

They haven't even asked for the 18's back :think:

So they do have the 21's in now, so get back in touch.

Kevin

Sorry missed this.

Well seems the eurphoria is short lived :wall: over the past couple of weeks have had nothing but errors, with no pattern to them at all.

Time to give up me thinks - sets available at reduced price if anyone is interested to buy off me!!!!

After thinking long and hard, and running without DRLs, I have finally come up with a solution.

Now as my car is a lease (company) car, I didn't want to do anything that would result in further problems so I dediced that splicing a resistor into the lighting circuit wasn't an option. If there were issues with the electrics later on I didn't want to be held responsible. But I knew that I wanted to somehow splice into the circuit. So I set about a little project:

First up, I ordered 2x replacement bulb housing from Trust Skoda. These are the L shaped bulb holder which locks into the back of the fog / DRL light housing. For reference these are part number 6R0953123A and only cost about £7 each (from Trust including the Briskoda discount).

I now needed to find a solution to fit a resistor between the existing wiring and the new bulb holder. Step in HIDS-DIRECT and their resistor fix leads:

OBC_error_fix_382__58863_std.jpg

These came with a bulb holder already attached but unfortuantely didn't fit the back of Superb's fog/DRL light housing. So I removed that bulb holder and replaced it with 2x female spade connectors. The full unit it then ready for connection.

I removed the DRL bulb and existing bulb holder, connected the bulb end of the fix lead (see picture above) into the existing housing, the female spade connectors go into the back of the new Skoda bulb housing and is then simply re-fitted into the car. Effectively the resistor fix lead is "spliced" into the lighting circuit without any physical cuts. Therefore, if I ever need to remove I simply remove and reconnect as per original specification. The OEM wiring is still in place.

This took about 30 mins to complete including fixing the new female spade connectors onto the fix leads and the result is no bulb error warnings. First time fix.

Total cost £7 each for the bulb holders, £8 each for the fix leads, £1.49 for a pack of 4 female spade connectors - so about £30 all in. Simple and effective solution which prevents bulb errors and results in the car being able to be returned to OE specification quickly and easily.

• 2 weeks later...

That'll be because they list them for Reversing Lights, where the Suberb uses W16W, not P21W for it's reversing lights. P21W used for DRL only.

[Editted for clarification]

Edited by No Waiting

That'll be because they list them for Reversing Lights, where the Suberb use W16W, not P21W.

Well, my Superb 2012 does use P21W for the DRL's. Photo attached -

superbdrlbulbp21w1.jpg

Anyways, I have ordered these for the DRL replacement from dealextreme and they seem quite a cheaper alternative to these ebay ones at just 10$ (8.95Euro) for a pair with free shipping to India. One of my friends replaced the same in the Jetta DRL and got no errors, so it IS CANBUS compliant - http://www.dealextre...2v-48999?item=2

My friends Jetta -

48999-8d8480b2-a52b-4d44-ba9c-b089ca28192d.jpg

Edited by dkaile

• 3 months later...

I own a Skoda Superb II Elegance 1.8 TSI MY 2012 with Bo-Xenon Headlights. The DRL's are Type: 1156 with BA15S Holders. I have successfully replaced the stock halogen bulbs with the below LED Bulbs, without triggering the Can Bus error warning. The bulbs are super-bright and they look great on the car. I purchased them from e-bay and you can cut-paste the below phrase in to e-bay to search for them.

CREE Q5 382 1156 BA15S LED REVERSE BULB 9.5W 450 LUMENS BRIGHTEST AVAILABLE

Happy Motoring....