Bhp picture of remap aswell up dated

Hi I have read out of remap for my Skoda fabia vrs

From the owner before me it's saying it's 173bhp .

Can anyone tell me if this is true as my car as stock exhaust and turbo

Well car looks stock under the bonnett .

Can it be done ie 173 bhp out of stock engine???

I will check torque as well I think it was 315.9ftlb toruqe ??

2s1u2dd.jpg

Edited by darren200874

I think the torque figure will be Nm. My vRS is standard and made 182bhp and 368Nm so it is very possible indeed.

I think the torque figure will be Nm. My vRS is standard and made 182bhp and 368Nm so it is very possible indeed.

it wont have made 182bhp if its standard they are remapped figures or a very optimistic dyno

Edited by ste372

Ok just that I was speaking to some guy today

And he said its not possible for that bhp because

My car as stock exhaust and turbo .

He was wrong.

You are near the top of what's possible. But it can be done.

Stock turbo shoud be able to get to around 175(ish) and stock exhaust is not a problem. It's quite free flowing and can do noticably more, 200 or a bit more if I remember correctly.

He never said 350f/lbs he said 315f/lbs which can be done on a stock turbo if you all look at the picture its there in black and white.....

ive seen pd130-150 engines on the rollers with stock turbo and injectors and side intercooler reach upto 185 it dont happen often but when you custom map a car its just for that one which could have been running better bhp from the factory anyway...

I had a passat 130 se and it was completly standard when i took it the first time for a custom map and it was 141bhp and 289f/lbs before and after it was 177bhp and 320fl/lbs but the DMF and clutch plate didnt last long after

He never said 350f/lbs he said 315f/lbs which can be done on a stock turbo if you all look at the picture its there in black and white.....

ive seen pd130-150 engines on the rollers with stock turbo and injectors and side intercooler reach upto 185 it dont happen often but when you custom map a car its just for that one which could have been running better bhp from the factory anyway...

I had a passat 130 se and it was completly standard when i took it the first time for a custom map and it was 141bhp and 289f/lbs before and after it was 177bhp and 320fl/lbs but the DMF and clutch plate didnt last long after

He's edited his post! In his original post he put 350.

350lb ft not possible.

173BHP is possible so is 315lb ft - but its on the higher on the spectrum of what standard you can squeeze out of it, you can get into the 180's but it wont last long will produce high EGT's/overspin the turbo and produce terrible heat soak.

I'd push a standard car 170BHP and just under 300lb ft, then again comparing dyno's is useless most never read the same.

Edited by FabiaVRSAJ

it wont have made 182bhp if its standard they are remapped figures or a very optimistic dyno

It made 151bhp before remap,the rollers I used are fairly accurate if anything slightly harsh on the readings.

A stock focus rs made a few bhp less than book figures on it the same day, which was a rather cool november.

It made 151bhp before remap,the rollers I used are fairly accurate if anything slightly harsh on the readings.

A stock focus rs made a few bhp less than book figures on it the same day, which was a rather cool november.

that means nothing mate. i have seen a 6 month old audi r8 on what was said to be very accurate rollers to be down 20bhp. so either the car has lost a few, the dyno is out or a mix of both. book figures are never spot on anyway, as said heat makes a difference, fuel can come into it aswell and how it was run in.

Is yours a asz or Blt? Blts are mapped with more fuel than the asz so makes more power.

Mine is a BLT engine so as you say in it's standard form made more than than what is quoted

that means nothing mate. i have seen a 6 month old audi r8 on what was said to be very accurate rollers to be down 20bhp. so either the car has lost a few, the dyno is out or a mix of both. book figures are never spot on anyway, as said heat makes a difference, fuel can come into it aswell and how it was run in.

As I said on this particular day it was a cold Novembers morning so this will of helped things out. The RS was only around a month old so was still running in so this is why the figures was down.

The rollers however as I stated are fairly accurate, both my before and after figure's was done in similar conditions within a week of each other on the same rolling road, the same rolling road I have always have and will use due to the variations on different one's so that I know the 'true' power increase (and I use the word true loosely as you have stated several factors can influence the results)

I have however been noticing the car lacking power these last few day's due to heat soak, so a FMIC is soon on the cards.

Due to the changes between the engines as stock the BLT puts out a little more power, but this doesnt mean they will be more powerful after a remap. The turbo is the limiting factor in both cases.

Never said it would. Just pointing out Blt's make more stock power so the 150-155bhp is about right.

Turbos flow limit is around 170-175. Push too much fuel in and the turbo will boost creep.