Cars with nice backdrops...

I know this one is not a Skoda, but I'm waiting for clearance to taxi/take off at Shetland airport

IMG_2013-M.jpg

Could only be done with an Astravan with a full roofrack...

• Like 3

• Administrators

Not usually a Fabia fan but I'm loving that blue one Stevo. I think it's the colour that's doing it for me, it's pure sex, fav colour by far!

Got to love HDR on pictures!

Although I do prefer a slightly smaller mouth on the front bumper (as I do with the Octavia vRS) - I did edit the top picture to see in photoshop as I was bored!

There's a lovely little high point near Brightling (Mad Jack Fuller country) in East Sussex.  It's out in the sticks.  And a lovely house sitting atop this point which has an upstairs room with panoramic windows and the view from there must be breathtaking.  Nearby is a triangle of grass you can park on, but while the views are great, it's surrounded by hedges, so I can't get a good photo of the view and car.  Best I could do was park in the entrance to a farm for a few seconds - this is looking pretty much ENE:

IMG_0497_zpsbw57ufft.jpg

Then we mooched down to Battle Abbey:

IMG_0503_zpsydgghdgg.jpg

And then dropped down into Hastings old town. That's the East Hill cliffs behind and the Fire Hills in the distance:

IMG_0504_zpsfe7n1qk5.jpg

Quite a nice little Sunday afternoon pootle.

Gaz

• Like 4

My MK07 Golf Estate at Duffus Castle earlier today. Was inspired by a fellow MK07 Forum member on the choice of location as I hadn't been there for ages. Had to wait awhile whilst another car was in the carpark so I could move mine into the right position.

post-70632-0-69604600-1442175246_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

This is another one from yesterday, portrait style, walked closer in, using the wide end of the lens, so more distortion, but got more "high-light" spots on the car due to position of me. I took 17 shots in total, 5 were good, with two being very good. I would have preferred the sun even later on, or very early so I could have the front lit & the side, but due to the angle etc that I tried in the other shots it was not quite perfect. However I am happy with these, colours, composition, etc. no Photoshop required, which I only use for minor stuff, as you should get a good photo straight from the camera IMHO!... :nerd:..even happier with the camera..Olympus TG4.............. :sun:

post-70632-0-17833900-1442175304_thumb.jpg

Though I would post a good side reflection shot I got on my old Fabia before I sold it earlier this year, not bad for a 14yr old car!! It was done very early one winters morning which washed the sky out a bit, & it was done on my older digital camera, still not too shabby!  B)

post-70632-0-26740600-1442175487_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The old Paddy Line SW Scotland

Is that the one they used for the Hogwarts Express (the viaduct, not the Ford Anglia! :think: )?

Gaz

You mean Loch.

No my picture is not Glenfinnan which is between Fort William and Mallaig. Still open and run steam trains during summer.

My pic is Dromore (Fleet?) viaduct in SW Scotland. Line was closed in 60's I think. It used to link Stranraer to Carlisle.

Interestingly the viaduct legs were reinforced with brick to allow the bridge to bear the weight of trains carrying tanks.

http://www.forgottenrelics.co.uk/bridges/gallery/bigwater.html

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

post-128458-0-89658800-1456965727_thumb.jpg

This is on the south side of Loch Ness on the B road from Fort Augustus to Foyers,  though its more of the landscape and the car just happened to be in it! 

• Like 2

My octy ....

12669944_1716792701884719_2001891142_o.j

swmbo's Abarth...

IMG_0427.jpg

my (sadly now gone :( SO sad to have to sell this one) Eunos roadster...

IMG_0662.jpg

swmbo's old citigo before she bought the Abarth...

10272493_1469556583275000_26057641807531

My old fabia vRS (happily in the hands of another briskodian now!) on the green hell in the rain! :o

1383830_4820053475215_104893005534195763

• Like 4