Yeti recall

rockhopper

Both my badges are suffering front the 'white worm' I haven't as yet made any contact with my dealer about getting them replaced. It would seem that Skoda has not solved the problem of the 'white worm' and the problem will re-occur given time on the replacements. I would have thought that if a manufacturer has recalled a vehicle for a replacement part to be fitted surely that part should have been re manufactured to prevent the same problem re-occurring.

Typical Skoda ineptitude...Just had my pre-booked turbo mod 'event' cancelled as "parts on back order".

We are recalling Yeti's.... me thinks maybe they should have thought ahead and stocked up with 'shims'

beforehand or is that too simple!!!

Getting more displeased with Skoda lack of service by the minute. Honda I might be back soon.

Off you go then.

Bye.

Skoda cz site has a 'Recall' page to check for recalls against your entered VIN number.

No detail is revealed but you at least know if you have an affected vehicle.

Seems Dealers and Skoda don't bother to inform you.

Our car 'hangs' for about 3 - 5 secs randomly when you use accelerator then 'springs' to life.

A wonderful built in safety factor I don't think (probably turbo related).

Lots of irrate followers using horns when overtaking (as well as Freshacre) LOL!!

Perhaps Lee at Preston Motors might like to comment on Dealers/Skoda Recall policy?

www.skoda-auto.cz/en/service/assembly/pages/assembly.aspx

Edited by kibby
  • Like 1

Just tried mine and got the following

Dear customer,

a recall campaign has been found for the entered VIN...............................

Please contact your preferred service partner as soon as possible, who will provide you with all necessary information and service to ensure your safety and car functions. If further assistance is needed, please contact the „ŠKODA Customer Hotline“.

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.

I phoned Colbornes of Woking who checked their system and said there is no recall. What w a wierd way of running a bussiness.

The more I deal with Skoda the more I am convinced ' a wierd way of running a business' is the norm.

At least they admitted they take no responsibility for the information!! Who does then!!

It's like admitting they are incapable of doing a half decent job, dealers just as confused.

Colbornes (Woking) phoned me back about twenty minutes later, they said they had "been into the factory" and my car is recall free as indicated by their system. Nice of them to make an extra check without me asking (didn't know they could). I don't have a local dealer and so may try them when I get to needing a service.

• 2 months later...

Long time wonderer returns.

Had a call on Wednesday from the dealer about this. Thought it was a wind up. Just checking that it wasn't. Still puzzled why this is actually a recall. Do the badges actually explode in peoples faces :blush:

Oh well. Wonder if they will fix the non closing electric rear window. Car booked in at the Warrington dealer on Thursday

Edit Just noted cars were recalled in April - why has it taken till July for dealer to contact me (not the 1st time I've been kept in the dark). May be time to ditch the brand for something built in Sunderland....

Edited by JMK2
  • Like 1

I think the term "re-call" is misleading, in this case.

A true recall is normally co-ordinated through DVLA because there is a dangerous situation/part that MUST be replaced. Typically the Toyota wiring debacle. What I suspect this actually is, is more of a Service Bulletin telling dealers to either check vehicles when they are in for a service, or if that hasn't happened to call customers and ask them to come in "at their convenience".

I don't know the wording of the document the dealers got, but I thought it was someone here who implied the term "re-call"

And I'm sorry, but to imply that you would ditch a marque because of one very non-serious matter strikes me as very petty.

DVLA have a web-site with all the "official" recalls that have been done. It makes interesting reading.

Long time wonderer returns.

May be time to ditch the brand for something built in Sunderland....

Oh! Certainly - I wouldn't buy another car that may have a scruffy badge for 3 months before the dealer fixed it!!

Oh well. Wonder if they will fix the non closing electric rear window. Car booked in at the Warrington dealer on Thursday

What are the symptoms? We had a window problem with the driver's door recently. The one-shot facility stopped working, though you could raise the window manually provided you stopped it in the fully-up position at just the right moment. Problem was: exit and lock the car and go back 5 minutes later and the window had dropped itself 4-6 inches (on multiple occasions). Skoda dealer on the IOW most unhelpful - 'leave it with us for a couple of days and we'll take a look'!. Ended up having to call the RAC via Skoda Assistance - away from home, parked overnight on the road and the vehicle was obviously never secure after 5 minutes (plus letting in a lot of rain!).

RAC initially flummoxed but after consulting their tech support found that pressing the up button and holding for several seconds when the window was up and similarly with the down button, the problem seemed to fix itself (that was 2 weeks ago and hasn't resurfaced so far). Explanation was apparently that the fully up and fully down positions had got deleted somehow from the electronics and needed to be re-learned - achieved by keeping pressure on the relevant buttons apparently.

Edited by prodata

Johann = 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Bless. There aren't that many spaces for naughts on a number plate Graham!!!

I commented on this yes but someone else posted the how to! It is in your car's manual as to how to do it.