Recent pics of your fabia for no reason, just stick em up!

1 minute ago, xyzal said:

I'm eyeing some second-hand alloys right now.

I did the same, mine were from eBay.

2 minutes ago, xyzal said:

Gonna have to find out how to repair these hail dents though, if it costs too much then I won't bother. Maybe I can repair those at home if I have free time.

I was going to get one of those "hot glue dent pullers" from Amazon. It was @jars who recommended them to me, so he may be able to provide some information on them.

3 minutes ago, xyzal said:

If I were to have the ideal Fabia, I'd prefer a 1.4 16v 100hp version, I'm not really big on diesels.

The 1.4 16v would be nice for me too. Personally, I wouldn't mind a diesel though. The 1.4 8v does seem like the best for the DIY mechanic, at least compared to the technical level of the other engines from the range. :)

2 minutes ago, Ryan90VRS said:

3000 miles in and It's been absolutely brilliant. It gets loads of comments from random people too.

It's a striking colour, really stands out in the sea of white, silver, and black cars. Plus that build is really a one of a kind, so it's definitely something special. :)

8 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Got my mitts on some Depo headlight units from ECP.

20220115_143341.thumb.jpg.c2b789179834a7e644fb1097df6b5a64.jpg

Lights look great 👍 How come your reg number has changed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, xyzal said:

I just can't give up on the pushrod 1.4 MPi. So easy to work on, and it's very light. Pulls much better than people think!

They are quite torquey little engines for sure 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TMB said:

How come your reg number has changed?

I had been swaying between getting a private plate or not doing it. I ended up getting it and sticking it on the car, it'll go with me to whatever the next shed is too. 

A private plate isn't to everyone's tastes, and it wasn't really to mine, but it grown on me enough to say I'd like to get one at some point... and so I did! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I had been swaying between getting a private plate or not doing it. I ended up getting it and sticking it on the car, it'll go with me to whatever the next shed is too. 

A private plate isn't to everyone's tastes, and it wasn't really to mine, but it grown on me enough to say I'd like to get one at some point... and so I did! :)

Ah I see. I realise it's probably your initials 👍 Only thing is that people will think your Fabia is older (X-reg) :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Ah I see. I realise it's probably your initials 👍 Only thing is that people will think your Fabia is older (X-reg) :D

It's my initials indeed. It's also stealthy with the X-reg idea as, like myself, I didn't want it to be too brash if I were to get something. Just enough flair without being too "in yer face". :)

• Like 1

Did you get the new headlights aligned? When I did mine I just marked where the old beams were shining and set the new ones the same and no one has ever flashed me and it's always been fine on MOTs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TMB said:

Did you get the new headlights aligned? When I did mine I just marked where the old beams were shining and set the new ones the same and no one has ever flashed me and it's always been fine on MOTs.

Did just that against the garage door. Surprisingly the drivers side one was very close in level. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Have you just got standard bulbs in your headlights, Ryan? I find that Osram Night Breakers are nice and bright.

I had considered Osrams, Lee. However I was getting a better deal on a pair of Philips +130s from Amazon for my dipped beams, I had them on whilst I had the old units too. My high/main beams are just a set of Osram OEM spec bulbs and do the job nicely. 

I also swapped in a set of Halfrauds 501 "whiter" sidelight bulbs since I had one that was only working if knocked or jolted (cleaned connectors etc to rule out bad connections) and that's all my local branch had in stock, so those went in today. My next move is a set of indicator bulbs as my current ones are shedding their orange tint quite badly. I have a pair ready to go on whenever I have the time, since the current ones are still legal... at least for now. :)

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Like 1

Ah, nice one, I'm sure the Philips ones are just as good :)

Yeah, the orange coating on the indicator bulbs does tend to flake off after a while. I had to replace mine for the same reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Ah, nice one, I'm sure the Philips ones are just as good :)

Very good, at least over the OEM spec candles. :D

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Yeah, the orange coating on the indicator bulbs does tend to flake off after a while. I had to replace mine for the same reason.

My Granda had the same issue with a Mk1 Fiat Punto, so I've got a set of unused spare orange bulbs from him that are in excellent condition to fire in the car when weather and time allows. :)

• Like 1

Very good, at least over the OEM spec candles. :D

:D

My Granda had the same issue with a Mk1 Fiat Punto, so I've got a set of unused spare orange bulbs from him that are in excellent condition to fire in the car when weather and time allows. :)

Always nice to get a freebie 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Always nice to get a freebie 👍

I love a good freebie, especially when buying a head unit for a car and it comes with a free cassette (a good blank, that I reused). Or the Showaddywaddy CD we pulled out from the centre console of my Granda's new car, a 2014 Dacia Sandero - certainly I don't like Showaddywaddy, but it was free. :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

I love a good freebie, especially when buying a head unit for a car and it comes with a free cassette (a good blank, that I reused). Or the Showaddywaddy CD we pulled out from the centre console of my Granda's new car, a 2014 Dacia Sandero - certainly I don't like Showaddywaddy, but it was free. :D 

Don't listen to it, some things cannot be unheard :ph34r:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sepulchrave said:

Don't listen to it, some things cannot be unheard :ph34r:

It has either been given away to a relative or it's in the back of my CD drawer. Either way, it shan't foul my CD changer! :giggle:

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Haha 1

The only free things I found when I bought my Fabia was a melted sweet in the glovebox and a used dental floss thingy down the centre console :D

• Haha 1

Just now, TMB said:

The only free things I found when I bought my Fabia was a melted sweet in the glovebox and a used dental floss thingy down the centre console :D

I got a 50p piece in the stereo cubby, a copy of the Who's 'Greatest Hits' from the Symphony unit which I kept for myself, and a set of fuses in the "secret" driver's cubby. :D

• Like 1

I got a 50p piece in the stereo cubby, a copy of the Who's 'Greatest Hits' from the Symphony unit which I kept for myself, and a set of fuses in the "secret" driver's cubby. :D

Must be because my Fabia is poverty spec, so you get no freebies 😄

• Haha 1

Just now, TMB said:

Must be because my Fabia is poverty spec, so you get no freebies 😄

I haven't had to use the fuses... yet. I mustn't shout that though, because it could be listening. :giggle:

I used the 50p to cover a little bit of the £132.50 bill for a wheel bearing replacement though. :D

• Haha 1