What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

This. If you're going to turn across the road in a gap in the traffic, do it as soon as the gap appears, not as it's about to disappear, and don't be slow about it. I was expecting him to turn earlier on and had assumed he would wait by the time I got closer. I think he must have started turning as soon as the other car went past, but was stuck in some kind of slow-time bubble!

Think the que of traffic behind him was a giveaway. They probably let out a big sigh of relief.

EDIT: Where did you buy your camera? i could do with one of those.....

Edited by Andy ap

This. If you're going to turn across the road in a gap in the traffic, do it as soon as the gap appears, not as it's about to disappear, and don't be slow about it. I was expecting him to turn earlier on and had assumed he would wait by the time I got closer. I think he must have started turning as soon as the other car went past, but was stuck in some kind of slow-time bubble!

Think the que of traffic behind him was a giveaway. They probably let out a big sigh of relief.

EDIT: Where did you buy your camera? i could do with one of those.....

It's a BlackVue 400HD, bought on a group buy here. There's now a site sponsor selling them - SmartCamDirect - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/265339-blackvue-itronics-smartcam-and-finevu-group-buy-deals/

Having to pay my car tax for these so called looked after british roads, "That apparently have no pot holes, AHHhhhhhhh" waste of time,

And please! Why do we still have paper tax discs when everything is on the PNC. Come on goverment sort it out!!!!!!........

Having to pay my car tax for these so called looked after british roads, "That apparently have no pot holes, AHHhhhhhhh" waste of time,

And please! Why do we still have paper tax discs when everything is on the PNC. Come on goverment sort it out!!!!!!........

The paper tax disc is going this year isn't it?

The paper tax disc is going this year isn't it?

Yep, October I believe. People who produce tax disc holders have to be given time to diversify their product range after all.

<snip>

Amusing company your youtube vid keeps! :)

Yep, October I believe. People who produce tax disc holders have to be given time to diversify their product range after all.

HOOOOrayyyyyy! now they are getting rid of the paper disc, all the need do now is get rid of the holes in the road. then it might be money well spent......

Edited by drew_smith

Vehicle excise duty (not car tax as that was abolished in 1937 by Winston Churchil) is nothing to do with paying for roads, it's jsut a tax on emissions, nothing more.  That's why the roads are ****.

• Like 1

Vehicle excise duty (not car tax as that was abolished in 1937 by Winston Churchil) is nothing to do with paying for roads, it's jsut a tax on emissions, nothing more.  That's why the roads are ****.

Tax doesn't need to be taxing!! Yeah right, so what is it a F***** donation. Arrrrrrhhhhh rant over......

Briskoda needs a Rant section,!

Got rear ended by some muppet learning to drive today, i literally went out the ****ing window cause the piece of **** electric (toy)car I was driving didn't have seat belts. Hurts like a bugger too... Turns out banging your forehead into plexi glass hurts. Yay, physics rocks!

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 1

Got rear ended by some muppet learning to drive today, i literally went out the ******* window cause the piece of **** electric (toy)car I was driving didn't have seat belts. Hurts like a bugger too... Turns out banging your forehead into plexi glass hurts. Yay, physics rocks!

What on earth were you driving a peel P50?

What on earth were you driving a peel P50?

A slightly modified Club Car CarryAll

carryall_6_hytt_och_flak.jpg

This death trap (It its original condition, not the modified Club Car I drove) Is actually 100% road legal. How someone missed the fact that it does not have seatbelts is beyond me. You do the legal top speed (30 kph) and crash head on, they'll probably scrape you of the asphalt. And lets not think about the fact that mine does 53, shall we?

Its actually registered as a utility vehicle (Mini dumper) and you can drive it with an AM class (Moped) permit.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Had a great lot tonight got cut up by a ******* bus on the roundabout so gave him a long blast of the horn. Numerous over ****wits just generally being dopey and oblivious to their surroundings including two tailgaters and a focus trying to cut into my lane (|Focus drivers around here are really a bit special in my experience). Gave him the horn. Two cars flying across two lanes of traffic take side roads at the 11th hour.

Had a brilliant one a Zafira pulled out of a side road onto a dual carriageway with central reservation and railings and decided to go the wrong way on my side of the road!!! so gave them a blast of the horn a long one this time. As i passed i saw the brake lights come on and presumably a moment of panic, didn't see after that as i turned into Tesco's

On the way back from Tescos had a learner driver end up behind me so keeping an eye on my mirrors as i do i then saw the driver (clearly a learner) swigging from a can as she sat in traffic and the instructor clearly not arsed.

Had a junkie in the so called secure car park trying to be a service to everyone when he was clearly after one thing.

For suck the world is ****** i practically burst a blood vessel by the time i got home and i'm on the verge of giving up driving as i'm sick of being surrounded by these bloody idiots. The learner and instructor said it all really.

Edited by Andy ap

God where do I start? Last night driving home the the person on the A96 who thought that it was acceptable to drive at 40 mph (ok it was raining but not heavily and its a 60 limit) in the middle of rush hour causing a massive tailback behind them then another muppet who thought it was ok to do 30 mph on a different stretch of the same road. Also at the Mosstodloch roundabout the person who was doing 30 mph in the overtaking lane once off of the roudabout and only once I'd flashed them did they decide that the nice empty inside lane may be more appropriate for them to do 30 in. Then once I was on the A90 someone decided that no one was allowed to do over 60 mph (its a 70 mph limit) since they refused to leave the outside lane and not really so bad but still annoying was the person going so slowly in the inside lane trucks were having to overtake them and it between them and the person that refused to leave the outside lane they were causing massive tailbacks. Then this morning while in town the bus driver who accelerated away from a stop through a red traffic light only to have to stop at the next set 100 metres down the road.

Speaking of Blackline Stu's last, anyone else watch the documentary on the A9 last night?

If so, what did you make of the Yank who was being overtaken by the truck and (from their editting) being told by his wife that he was "driving too fast"? My response was :wall:  :swear:

Speaking of Blackline Stu's last, anyone else watch the documentary on the A9 last night?

If so, what did you make of the Yank who was being overtaken by the truck and (from their editting) being told by his wife that he was "driving too fast"? My response was :wall::swear:

I didn't watch it but its been recorded so I'll watch it later. Was it any good?

Stretching the point a bit but

Took SWMBOs 4yr old 1 series in for service and MOT today...

It failed on

3 of 4 tyres (two worn one damaged)

Windscreen cracked (behind the tax disk, none of us spotted that)

Emissions

BMW shoite

No doubt it'll all be my fault.

Edited by Aspman

General driving skill shown on motorways in and around Glasgow over last weekend.

General driving skill shown in Aberdeen during 8am rush hour, especially on North Deeside Road.

People who overtake you then slam the brakes on once infront of you for no obvious reason.

People on the A96 driving at 23mph.

People who are incapable of parking a Pug 106 in an oversized car park bay

Thats all from my trip to the mainland for now .....

I followed a 56 plate Vauxhall Vectra along Heol Gouesnou and then Market Street in Brecon early this morning and every couple of seconds his reversing lights gave out a quick strobe blue flash.  Would the police still use a car that's 7½ years old or has someone trying to pretend they're police?

I followed a 56 plate Vauxhall Vectra along Heol Gouesnou and then Market Street in Brecon early this morning and every couple of seconds his reversing lights gave out a quick strobe blue flash.  Would the police still use a car that's 7½ years old or has someone trying to pretend they're police?

Or an ex police Vectra with wiring issues