What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

I truly think that both those day light led lights and those ultra blue/ white led headlights are the main cause of anger i feel on the road. 

people drive around with no other lights on with just their daylights on or some aftermarket led strips, either being stupid or thinking its cool. 

but worse then that is the stupidly bright headlights, on the motor way they sit in the middle lane going nowhere dazzling everyone, or they are coming at you with headlights

with the power of a million suns. It is not necessary at all, when in traffic normal headlamps do the job fine and then when needed full beam. i feel like slapping my full beams on after

these people pass me just to let them know what it feels like to have the image of a double sun rise etched into the back of your retina.

other then these there is:

1) people looking the wrong way as they approach junctions, the danger is here first please look this way!!!

2) lane discipline at roundabouts

3) middle lane hogging

etc etc, rant over  

• Like 1

Cars who leave their windscreen (front or back) on when it's not raining.

TURN THEM OFF! Not sure why but it irritates me like nothing else!

Personally, unless I feel like impersonating a WWI fighter pilot, I leave the windscreen on the car [emoji12]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not something that has just annoyed me today, but for the last few weeks now and most likely many more to come.

Idiots driving along just with there DRL's on and no other form of lighting in the dead of night, both on motorways and unlit rural roads.

Counted no less than 5 cars the other evening on my commute home from work which covers only 10miles!!!!!

Some of these things are brighter than the headlights, and with most modern cars lighting up the dashboard all the time, some of them may not realise.

The worst bit is, the back of the car is completely dark, so bloody dangerous on an unlit road!!

Still, you want idiots, come over here, pitch black, black clothing, no lights and riding their electric scooters through the red lights at major junctions. Most of them seem to do it in herds, as if they are zebra crossing a river and ganging together against the crocs.

At least the herds tend to be slow, it is the single, "high" speed kamikaze pilots that are really dangerous (to themselves).

High speed on these things means about 30mph, mind you it is rare for a car to be able to exceed that due to the potholes; the fastest I have been so far is about 50mph on a section of brand new ring road.

Copied from my Citigo thread:

But the eejits were out in force this morning. Yes it was cold and yes it was foggy, but there is no need for fog lights when you are in a queue of traffic, and a bit of frost does not make an ice rink out of the roads. And the utter **** who couldn't wait for the car in front to complete his overtake on the dual carriageway so squeezed between the car in the outside lane and the barrier to get by, and the ****wit in the Mondeo who drove at 45mph until someone went to overtake him when he speeded up to 60 - saw him do this 3 times before it was my turn (yes, I was in 3rd when I went by!).

The number of people who cut the corner when when turning into side roads, locally it's not unusual for them to have a 4 wheels the wrong side of the white line.

The trick is to watch their face when they realise you're there as quickly steer to try n avoid you/avoid the head on

• Like 1

The trick is to watch their face when they realise you're there as quickly steer to try n avoid you/avoid the head on

It's even better if you can block them, then make them reverse and have another go to get around you..

...and the ****wit in the Mondeo who drove at 45mph until someone went to overtake him when he speeded up to 60 - saw him do this 3 times before it was my turn (yes, I was in 3rd when I went by!).

If the car I'm overtaking decides to be a smart ar*e and speed up then I just pull back in as though they'd maintained their speed.

They soon slow back down.

If the car I'm overtaking decides to be a smart ar*e and speed up then I just pull back in as though they'd maintained their speed.

They soon slow back down.

Like, cutting in too soon?

Yeah i do that too. Not out of choice in the car, i dno what else they expect if I've got 70hp lol.

Yeah, if they speed up and try to close the gap to stop me pulling back in then I'll still pull in, if they decide to be clever then it serves them right.

I never understand this mentality some people have about being over taken.

If you don't want to over take then fine, I've no issue with that, all I ask is that they are aware that there will be others that will want to overtake.

Be aware, be considerate and be safe. I'm trying to, please help me to do so. Don't try to make the overtake more difficult than it needs to be.

• Like 1

A-men to that. Does my nut in too, only earlier this week I was bumbling along a 60mph road at the limit, arrive behind a car doing 40mph for no reason, I didnt even knock it off cruise control just passed it and carried on, cue flashing waving etc like I'd just killed his kids. 

At the same time, if I'm driving and dont want to overtake the car/van/lorry in front I'll leave plenty of gap so if someone behind wants to they can do me, then the one in front separately to make life a little easier. 

So frustrating. 

Driving in fog many drivers with no lights but dlrs, some with no lights at all. Out of the fog the fog lights all come on and the siter lights are off. People doing 40 on a clear slightly misty road but then staying at 40 in town in a 30 with thick fog. WTF is wrong with people. Totally lost any ability to think these days.

• Like 2

Yeah, if they speed up and try to close the gap to stop me pulling back in then I'll still pull in, if they decide to be clever then it serves them right.

This morning, though, the Mondeo was at the front of the queue holding everyone up. As soon as the car behind pulled out the Mondeo accelerated so the overtaking car would not be able to pull in until it had got in front. There was no gap to close; he was just being an utter ****.

That's one of my pet hates. I'm about to drive from south West Wales to my parents who live near Oswestry, so around 130 miles of A road. I can guarantee half the journey will be sat in a line of cars bumbling along at 40 or less all too close to each other to allow you to leapfrog them. And when you do get the chance when a gap opens up you're welcomed with a blaze of full beam in your rear view mirror, despite avoiding cutting anyone up or pushing in. It's not hard to leave a couple of at lengths between you if you've no intention of passing the vehicle in front, especially if the car behind you has been passing everyone behind you.

• Like 1

On my way home, 2 cars ahead doing 40mph in a 60 (yet again) front car a old Omega and the one between us a nice S4. Looked at an overtake but further up I was joining a dual carriageway so chilled out behind. As we arrived at the roundabout junction there are 3 lanes, left | straight over | right. The dual carriageway is straight over so I use the middle lane behind the S4, the Omega takes the left lane. As we go onto the roundabout which also has 3 lanes, me and the S4 move to the left lane on the roundabout for our exit, Omega man goes across the back of me, the over to the middle lane on the roundabout (for right) then cuts back across behind me (I'd put my foot down a bit by now so he wasnt likely to clip my car while he was ****ing about) and goes down the slip road, flashing his lights at me while doing so?! Got on the main road, he's still flashing away sat up my arse, I carry on in the nearside lane and he comes past me, pulls in front and brakes. 

What a ****ing pleb, I get fed up and went past him in the end went past and ****ed off. 

Coming home to find some plum parked across the entrance to my driveway.

I think he realised I was displeased as he soon came running back when he realised that constant horn sound was the owner of the house :D

He was lucky it was you and not me, I carry a towrope and have a jack and skates in the shed. 

What annoyed me whilst driving... hmmm well on my short journey from my dad's house to mine, the amount of people still using mobile phones whilst driving and the amount of ****e drivers on the roads is unbelievable.