Rob's 2004 Octavia vRS

RobClubley

I think one word sums this one in all fairness and that is.....Awesome!

It has certainly been a journey but christ just look at how its all turned out and still undergoing changes. I love this car :D

Hats off to you Rob.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are they bright enough? :)

778807_10152081827890901_529570811_o.jpg

Went to a local car meet last night - it was interesting - lots of cars from old Triumphs through to new Skylines. Scoobys, Evos, even a Mustang and a 50's Ford pickup.
Police were prowling around looking for any dodgy behaviour and everyone was just talking and being really chilled.

I followed a very loud Evo 8 who floored it in one of the tunnels - I kept up quite respectably :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

is worth waiting for robs view,although dont think he ever got the injectors or maf running??

mine was 270-280 stripped and for the money not worth it,first 2 gears is just to spin happy then 3rd onwards doesnt feel much different :giggle: i had it 2 weeks before i sold the hybrid kit so give you an idea.

roughly 225pertonne so is still a slug really

There isnt anywhy i can afford a forged engine!

Surely a K300 mapped at 270/280 and around 260tq should be fine.

Sorry but I really wouldn't bother.

My car was mapped to 251bhp with 303lbft with the stock ko3s

I couldn't justify the expense for an extra 20bhp and then loose torque (the torque is what makes the car feel quick).

Sorry but I really wouldn't bother.

My car was mapped to 251bhp with 303lbft with the stock ko3s

I couldn't justify the expense for an extra 20bhp and then loose torque (the torque is what makes the car feel quick).

Surely that Ko3's must be running near or at its limit? i may just go stage 2 now....

Right well. i may reconsider!

Although my OCty puffs white smoke like a good'un! could be turbo seals so thats why i was doing the swap

Turbo seals are usually blue smoke.

White smoke is water.

Surely that Ko3's must be running near or at its limit? i may just go stage 2 now....

It's being pushed no harder than most stage2 cars out there (1.4bar peak dropping to 1.3bar and tailing off to about 1.1bar).

It's lasted approx 5000 miles and several trackdays and (touchwood) still going strong.

if you  want an empty wallet jap

if you want fun on a budget vag

if you want to sit around waiting for your car to be fixed again and love wasting money jap again

:giggle:

Fixed that for you ;)

• Like 1

It's being pushed no harder than most stage2 cars out there (1.4bar peak dropping to 1.3bar and tailing off to about 1.1bar).

It's lasted approx 5000 miles and several trackdays and (touchwood) still going strong.

Fixed that for you ;)

Interesting thank you cossie.

Yeah my octavia blow's a fair amount of white smoke, there is no oil in the coolant however. could be premature headgasket

Has rob dropped off the briskoda map? i need to hear his views!