New Badges - Available yet?

The part numbers banded about on other forums for several weeks are

Front badge 1ST 853 601A AUL

Rear badge 1ST 853 630 AUL

And as above, the wheels are 5JA 601 151 ULM

Not sure why but they remind me of a vauxhall or a holden emblem.

I think these would not suit a Vrs.

Looks a bit "kid's toy" ?

Will post the pics up of my wheels tomorrow with the new badges on

Are people really going to put these on there mkll ?

Obviously........ :wonder:

Just like pre-FL owners have fitted FL vRS badges, or replaced Zeniths with Neptunes.............the list goes on!

• Like 1

The new ones look better than the old ones, and look like they'll last longer too (none of that water ingress damage). You have a quality car, it deserves quality badges.

• Like 2

Such a bunch of wheel sluts! :rofl:

I've had both and prefer the Neptunes - they look WAY better in shop windows - much more "propeller like" :-)

• Like 2

Such a bunch of wheel sluts! :rofl:

I've had both and prefer the Neptunes - they look WAY better in shop windows - much more "propeller like" :-)

Mine are on my car not in a shop window! :giggle:

Thanks Son

Ive not been called "Boy" for many a year

I'll stick with my opinion too lad!

Yes it will be pensioner before you know it, already looking for early retirement! :giggle:

I prefer the Neptunes mainly because if I had them on mine, it would show off more of my S3 calipers.........as you can see from the picture below, they need to be seen!! :rock:

DSC04949.jpg

This one's for you Alan! ;)

• Like 1

except the clearance on them is ******, so you wont get them over your S3 calipers lol, that why I have both Zeniths and Neptunes! :)

wheelcaps were a right pain to put on, took me nearly an hour! the plastic is less pliable, the originals are soft then have a metal ring to keep in place, I put them in boiling water( to soften, then sprayed the recess in wheel with gt85 to lube, then placed the caps over the hole, then I folded a microfibre cloth four times to protect, then lightly hit them with a rubber hammer.Then I removed the plastic protector film, and sprayed with APC, look good on .They cost £6.29 plus vat each

2012-05-09112408.jpg

Old and new reverse side to show no ring and hard brittle plastic on rear2012-05-09125208.jpg

Old and new from front

2012-05-09123052.jpg

The badge close up

2012-05-09112434.jpg

On the wheel

2012-05-09124147.jpg

2012-05-09130349.jpg

• Like 1

I will be requesting a set of these when i take my car in for the 2nd time to have new badges under warranty due to corrosion. This set have only been on since Sept. Why they can't sort this corrosion issue out is beyond me.

I asked today for exactly the same, they will not supply the new badges as warranty replacement parts, just the originals, to get the new ones I would have to pay for them!!

So pay for new ones , then have them stick the new ones on and return replacement ones for a refund, minus a bit of administration

I've been desperately awaiting the new badges as I do honestly feel they look better than the old ones. I've just fired an eail over to my local dealer with the part numbers to get a price on a set.

Having never replaced any badges myself, just how easy/difficult is it to replace them?

Looking at them, the rear one almost looks "stuck" on. Is it a matter of getting something behind it to remove it and then putting the new one on? With the front grill one - how much hassle is that?

I've read your bit above about the wheel ones - hassle but doesn't look to difficult.

Ta