New Badges - Available yet?

They may well still be the wrong logo after all / not fit due to wrong curvature or whatever. Check them before you leave there. ;) Let us know how you go on.

I must admit that I knew the steering-wheel badge was going to be the only one I wasn't going to change. I hated the idea of doing absolutely anything to the airbag.

It scared me enough when I had the MFSW fitted to my car and of course that meant moving the airbag from the old steering wheel to the new - I was pleased I wasn't doing it.

I'll happily live with the old badge on the steering wheel and retain my face :)

I dunno about that...

07052012019.jpg

That looks like 88mm to me

Yeah a credit card is 85 mm and the badge seems to be a liiittle larger, 88 mm I presume. I measured my Superb-badges this morning and theyre 90,5 mm. Ok, quite close to 88 mm but maybe it wont be good on the car. And they cost a lot just for trying :wonder:

Any heros thinking of replacing the steering wheel logo?

That's a swap of the whole airbag module. For that kind of outlay, just buy a nicer steering wheel.

I seriously doubt that Skoda will make any airbag modules for the Mk2 with the new logo on.

Given what Mike has also said: how could anyone trust a "re-badged" airbag?

I'll happily live with the old badge on the steering wheel and retain my face :)

+1 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Having suffered a fractured skull last July from an Octy airbag deployment, I would tend to suggest that if you do attempt to mess with the logo on one you will need more than your head seeing too if it ever goes off!

I'm in no way recommending that you fiddle with the steering wheel, I for one agree it simply ain't worth it.

However assuming it's attached as firmly as the original your face should never make contact with the centre of the steering wheel or therefore the badge as it is folded out and down when the airbag deploys...

OctaviaAirbag.jpg

In the event of an airbag deployment those pound coins and mobile phone down by the gear lever are just as likely to make contact with your face, let alone that can of de-icer in the door pocket or the laptop on the back seat or that air freshner stuck in the air vent or the glasses on the end of your nose!

Edited by silver1011

What a lot of people don't seem to realise is that the Airbag is basically an explosion in a bag so anything that it comes into contact with is going to receive a good dose of some serious kinetic energy........I wonder how safe airbags are for divers who wear glasses????

• Like 1

I am trained by Thatcham to search vehicles, the course includes disabling and removal of all SRS systems amongst other things, during the course we are afforded the opportunity to deploy several air bags, both driver, passenger, curtain and also US spec drivers air bags which are a larger capacity, they also like to show us the video below just to emphasise the point on how 'explosive' they are.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iVG-WUyRE4&feature=fvst

Don't think I would like to end up like this -

the%20best%20gurner%202484.jpg

Back on topic....... :thumbup:

..........US spec drivers air bags which are a larger capacity.........

Isn't that because of the need to compensate for the stupity of not having a seat-belt law over there? ;) ;)

• Like 1

Isn't that because of the need to compensate for the stupity of not having a seat-belt law over there? ;) ;)

It's probably because a lot of people are wider

• Like 2

Who told you they don't have a seat belt law - most of the States we drive in have large road signs "Buckle Up - It's the Law" though there are several different types of seat belt law, e.g. in some states it only applies to front seats, others only to young drivers/passengers, in some states you can only be done for not wearing a seat belt if you are being charged with some other driving offence as well, say speeding.

The USA is like 50 separate countries for many laws, though of course Federal law covers all.

In many cases it is indeed the law that you must buckle up.

Hi,

In France too we have these new logo.

Some pics of all my cars :drunk:

800avant2_redimensionner-3480f32.jpg

800vue34arriere2-3480fb8.jpg800fabiaavant-3480ed3.jpg

800fabiaarri-re-3480ee8.jpg

Front and rear logo on Superb is same size exactly 90mm and totaly plate (is not cas eof Fabia and Octabia)

400logoprofil-347c1f3.jpg

For Fabia front is not same as rear.

Rear is too small, and new logo is no built-in depth as the old but placed above

For front and rear Superb new logo is 1ST 853 630 A AUL

and for front and rear Fabia new logo is 1ST 853 601 A AUL seems to be same for Octavia

I explain all here:

http://forum-skoda-s...peb.htm#p120217

for wheels it is here

http://forum-skoda-s...ti.htm?start=25

Have a good day.

@+Pat

Edited by Pmarie
  • Like 3

I just picked it up tonight and the RRP is £8.86 + VAT (I didn't pay that btw.)

The front badge is still on back order and so hasn't come in yet.

Also the new emblem measures up the same as the old emblem. Something like 87mm...

Rear%20Emblem%20Box%2005.2012.jpgRear%20Emblem%204%2005.2012.jpg