My 1st Yeti niggle!

GEOFFL

When operating the handbrake the centre console lid keeps catching my hand :'( . Anyone else have this trouble or am I just mis-shaped :giggle:

And if thats the only niggle I get I will be delighted!!

• Like 1

Yes it's the same for me and everyone else,(except Graham.) :)

Well if it isn't a problem for me, it can't be everyone can it?

I think that is a slight over-exaggeration.

Neither my wife nor my daughter have reported it a problem either!

Libby has the same problem, the console isn't adjustable so I suppose it's the seat and lumbar position that makes the difference

I'm with you Graham. :yes:

With mine in its foremost position I have to bend my arm back very slightly against it to clear it but ive just got used to it. I guess a lot of it depends on how far forward/backwards your seating position is in relation to the handbrake/armrest.

• Like 1

No problem here. I have the seat almost all the way back, and the console armrest all the way back. If I the armrest was an inch or two further forward then it would get in the way. Good job it's adjustable, really.

Geoff, the lid of the console is adjustable, since the lid can slide forwards and backwards.

Yours isn't pulled forward is it?

Good point.

Mines fully forward and fully up as an armrest.

When you slide it back it's no problem.

It's the same basic design as in my old Audi A4, and never bothered me in that car either, though SWMBO used to drive with the armrest folded up to give her better access to the brake.

Thanks for the advice guys (except Merlinman!!!) Didn't realise it was adjustable! However it was in the furthest back position and I can get used to it, particularly as I have now got the hang of (and trust in) the Hill Hold...

Never use the handbrake - just leave it in Park!

Having said that I do agree with Geoff that the handbrake is not always easily accessible depending on the position of the lid/armrest.

I'm with Graham no problem at all, swmbo will never have a problem she has the seat so far forward that i can only just get in it :giggle: , short ar--- :giggle::punch:

"Yes it's the same for me and everyone else,(except Graham.) :) "

Well for me it is a nuisance and for me it's not an exaggeration. I have to drive with it open all the time. So there are some for whom it gets in the way. But then we're all different shapes and sizes and I'm of normal height and have the seat high and fully back if that makes a difference. Those of a different stature or who have their seat adjusted to a different height or 'front to back travel' clearly find it different for them. I've mentioned it before and the same comments were made and just open the lid to drive and close it when parked (if I remember!). So it's not just you Geoff.

• Like 1

It is badly placed, but I only really use it to park-I have hill hold, but if I didn't I'd be annoyed by it. So, a nuisance but not a problem that matters.

• Like 1

Nearly didn't buy my Urban on the strength of it, found it very aggravating on both test drives. For me its poorly designed, but then so was the positioning of the handbrake on my C-max and got used to that eventually.

My "complaint" was that Ian said it was a problem to "everyone else", which is obviously untrue, and has been proved here.

No car manufacturer has ever produced a car that fits all and if the only niggle that people can find is that the arm rest lid gets in the way then Skoda must be doing quite a good job.

Stop being petty people and get out and enjoy your cars. Life is too short to worry about the little things.

But surely by the very nature of things forums like this do cover ....to use Grahahm's word.... 'petty' little things as well as more major issues and problems. And I thought the thread got off to fairly innocuous, good humoured and reasonable start....

"When operating the handbrake the centre console lid keeps catching my hand :'( . Anyone else have this trouble or am I just mis-shaped :giggle:

And if thats the only niggle I get I will be delighted!! ....."

Geoff isn't saying it's the end of the world and inserts good natured gestures for good measure.......but then, in a somewhat 'petty' (if we're going to use the word) way, bilun's post (complete with it's smiley to indicate a lighthearted spirit) is challenged (in a slightly brusque tone and without any friendly smileys thrown in for good measure) and the finer points of grammar are scrutinised regarding whether or not the finite accuracy of the expression "everyone else" is wholly appropriate in this context.

I think we can all think back and remember asking very minor points about their car or associated matters without being reminded that 'Life's too short"....etc. It's hardly a crime...is it?

EDIT... Big smiley added to show goodwill.... :-)

Edited by oldstan