Skoda Rapid due from November from 12K

Yeah, that is the disguised one. They have done a good job, but the top of the headlights, top of the grille, Skoda badge and the dividing sections of the lower bumper are all stick on parts.

Still want to know 2 things well 3 in total:

1. VRS?

2. If so which engines / outputs

3. Greenline specs knows why but I am interested

Shorter than the Octy II then, do you know the width (with / without wing mirrors) :wonder:

Thanks,

TP

Daks wants it without wing mirrors, he will only loose them! :bandit::whew::rofl:

On a serious note though won't the introduction of this new model ultimately hit the current Octavia's value used especially poor sods whos car falls around the same value around when this hits the streets! I mean who would buy a used Octy near out of warranty against one of these new fresh likely nicer looking motors?

Yeah, that is the disguised one. They have done a good job, but the top of the headlights, top of the grille, Skoda badge and the dividing sections of the lower bumper are all stick on parts.

I am off to Specsavers then. :happy:

Daks wants it without wing mirrors, he will only loose them! :bandit::whew::rofl:

Nah, my only wish is that people in Stockholm would learn how to parallel park. Mirrors seem to be a unfortunate casualty. I think I'm going to start a facebook group to help these innocent victims of this atrocity.... You know, the usual. "Like if you would feed this starving kid."

Edited by DaKKs_152
  • Like 1

Well while it may not be earth shattering in it's appearance, at least is is not gawpy like most other new designs now with odd silly shaped afterthought rear side windows, especially when the lower part of the window line moves upwards as it goes towards the back end. So many cars now are the most peculiar in shape and unsighly to the eye, certainly from the outside and gawd knows what from the inside. Some of the best designs go back to the 60's and 70's. I wish some manufacturer would use the old body designs, maybe tweeked here and there for airflow reasons and with the latest mechanicals. When one looks at the dash boards and steering wheels etc of cars of the era, one longs to be back then.

Was it this photo?:

car_photo_527845_25.jpg

Even with the disguised nose, it still says Fabia with a boot to me regardless of whether its Rapid, slow or....

It looks VERY much like a rebadged VW Jetta to me.

2013-volkswagen-jetta-hybrid-front-left-side-view.jpg

Some similar styling cues to the Jetta (and the Passat too) but it's definitely not a rebadged Jetta. Different platform, different size, different interior...