Code for rear LED's?

Hey all,

My LED rear lights (from new L&K Hatch) finally came in to the dealers on thursday, (after ordering them in mid Feb).

Dropped car in to have them fitted, and I think they look GREAT. (if maybe a bit overly bright, am waiting to see if the police will have any issues with them down the road).

The problem is that the dealer has no idea how to get rid of the fault warning on the dash. I have read elsewhere on here that the computer setting (code) should be changed to that of the Mk 5 Golf GTi, and informed the dealer of this. However, they told me that means nothing to them. They say when they plug the car in, they get a list of setting listed as Octavia vRS - Superb Elegance - etc, or a list of code numbers, they have no way of knowing what the setting or code for the Golf should be.

So I am hoping that some one of you guys or girls might be able to let me know what should be changed and what it should be change 2?

Cheers in advance for any help

Bryan

post-3845-0-68338800-1337530907_thumb.jpg

Lights LHS.MOV

Lights RHS.MOV

• Like 1

Hi

First of all sorry for my english. I live in Norway and work at a Skoda dealer.

The problem you have is that the central electric ecu must have a code changed. When your dealer log on to your car and entering 09 central electric they can change to rear led lamps installed. If their VAS is up to date. Or if you know anyone with a vagcom it's done in 5 min. The blinking of your taillights is because the car is sending out the power to the bulbs in pulses.

Regards Sverre

Hi

First of all sorry for my english. I live in Norway and work at a Skoda dealer.

The problem you have is that the central electric ecu must have a code changed. When your dealer log on to your car and entering 09 central electric they can change to rear led lamps installed. If their VAS is up to date. Or if you know anyone with a vagcom it's done in 5 min. The blinking of your taillights is because the car is sending out the power to the bulbs in pulses.

Regards Sverre

Hi Sverre

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately I dont know anybody with a vagcom, So I will print out your information and bring it to the Dealers and hope that they will understand what your are explaining above.

The lights are not actually blinking, this is just the way they have shown up in the videos. This seems to happen when video most LED's.

Cheers again

Bryan

The LED's look just Superb. Can we get these shipped somehow to India?

Your local Skoda dealer should be able to order the lights for you.

I can get the part numbers if you want?

Your local Skoda dealer should be able to order the lights for you.

I can get the part numbers if you want?

These are not available for sale in India as we do not have a L&K model of the Superb here. What is the pricing over there and if somehow it can be shipped here? Thanks...

They look great. What sort of price are they?

These are not available for sale in India as we do not have a L&K model of the Superb here. What is the pricing over there and if somehow it can be shipped here? Thanks...

They are not cheap at about €145.00 plus VAT per corner :(

The L&K Superb is not listed as for sale in Ireland either, but any Skoda dealer should be able to order the lights once you quote them the correct part numbers

Cheers Bryan for that. Do you have the part numbers? I've seen that they seem to be fitted to cars in India and just happen to have a friend in India so could see what the prices are over there.

They are not cheap at about €145.00 plus VAT per corner :(

The L&K Superb is not listed as for sale in Ireland either, but any Skoda dealer should be able to order the lights once you quote them the correct part numbers

Do let us know the part numbers. Let me speak to my dealer on the same then. Maybe he can get it imported somehow.

Do let us know the part numbers. Let me speak to my dealer on the same then. Maybe he can get it imported somehow.

The numbers are as follows

3TD945095 (LEFT) - 3TD945096 (RIGHT)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Sverre

Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately I dont know anybody with a vagcom, So I will print out your information and bring it to the Dealers and hope that they will understand what your are explaining above.

The lights are not actually blinking, this is just the way they have shown up in the videos. This seems to happen when video most LED's.

Cheers again

Bryan

Byran,

Did the ECU code change work?

And what year is your car?

L&K model is now listed in Ireland since the FL version last year. Only special order models prior to that (only about 40 were imported by Skoda Ireland) but I've seen a few around.  The LEDs do look good.  I assume those retrofit LEDs are for the pre FL model?

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give those interested in OE LED rear lights a heads up, superskoda have them for the twin hatch and the combi now which are plug and play (comes with a electronic control unit so you get no errors) 

If you are quick you can order them with 20% off! 

That's true, however the error-cancelling modules supplied with the combi tail lights look to me to have the same fitment as the twindoor clusters so I'm not sure why they aren't supplying them with the twindoor clusters.

A long running LED tail light thread here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/138833-superb-in-china-led-rear-lights/page-1?hl=+led +tail +lights

Pictures of mine are in there (I wired in resistors to mine to cancel the blown-bulb warning).

The coding cannot be changed on the earlier MkII Superbs, it needs a new BCM, so it's resistors or blown-bulb warning, you choose!