Waiting List

vegit8

Thanks folks. I've used "marinetraffic" and found that two vessels with names ending in "highway" seem to run a daily shuttle service.

And I thought the ticket was included in the basic price and not factory option.

• Like 1

Had phone call from dealer today can pick up yeti next Friday if I want but going to wait till December as I am going on holiday dealer not happy with that as they are so post to turn them around in ten days but this is the first call from them since I ordered yeti there customer service sucks have phoned them several times and not been able to speak to sales man or got a call back only news I’ve had is when I’ve looked on line even down to extras I had ordered by email he denied knowing anything about it then checks and finds they have been done on paper but not sure if fitted so hope the yeti better than there staff

Had phone call from dealer today can pick up yeti next Friday if I want but going to wait till December as I am going on holiday dealer not happy with that as they are so post to turn them around in ten days but this is the first call from them since I ordered yeti there customer service sucks have phoned them several times and not been able to speak to sales man or got a call back only news I’ve had is when I’ve looked on line even down to extras I had ordered by email he denied knowing anything about it then checks and finds they have been done on paper but not sure if fitted so hope the yeti better than there staff

Good on you - they need a John Lewis customer service course. Why don't you really annoy them and hold out till 1st Jan.

• Like 1

Pay for it and register it yourself.....when you want .......I've often wondered if you could.....an interesting negotiation at least

Interesting idea indeed, it would mean that you had a fully paid for car sitting around in the dealers for several weeks without a registration which might be risky.

On the other hand you could be out of the country working abroad for a month or two so unable to collect (and pay for) the car till January. Such things must happen and there is little the dealer can do.

Sounds bad as well if extras have been ordered and they have not been fitted, you need to get a full spec of what is on the car. I recall TP refused a yeti that came without the extras ordered.

Only just found this part of the forum - visited Skoda Dealer (60 mile round trip) and did a test drive - they seemed to only want to sell me that yeti which didn't have all the bits I wanted - ordered online on 30th January 2012 still haven't got it - due 2nd or 3rd week in November - I'll believe it when I see it !

I have read about problems with DSG box (ordered) sunroof (ordered) and about dealers exceeding their allocation !

Was originally given a delivery date of late May and it's just gone on from there. My poor old Honda HRV which I'd owned for 11 years didn't manage to get me through to my new Yeti - so I'm stuck with no vehicle and during the holiday period I've been seeing Skoda Yetis everywhere I go down here in darkest Cornwall !

Just worked it out - I've been waiting 275 days, wish I hadn't now !

Car ordered - Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG, Cappuccino Beige, Gobi Sand, Sunroof. If it doesn't arrive this month I'll have to cancel & get a nearly new one

PERRANLADY I Hope this helps.

I phoned my dealer this week and asked for my car Yeti 1.2 ordered april this year.My dealer did not know what to say he found out Storm Blue is not available, could be next year. he asked me to contact Skoda UK.

Which I did very helpful. later dealer asked me to call in showroom and would i change colour. Dealer had been contacted by Skoda uk to help every possible way.

Got home had message Skoda uk. Hope things go well with dealer any problems call back.

Like you said i think the problems are if you order extras like i have and really want.

I think Dealers are now worried people will cancel orders

I'm on the verg eof ordering my YETi (1.2 DSG, pan roof) and these comments really worry me. I will not wait 6 months plus for a car - I bought a brand new japanese car, imported it and did all the paperwork in less time!). My concern is after waiting for 6 months i'll start looking at other things, and better vehicles may come along. I've see a nice nearly new 1.2 manual for sale at a dealership, question is do I go for it and get it in a few weeks, vs 6 months plus. Annoying as I really want DSG for my town driving, and a 1.2 manual would be a compromise. But 6 months is just too long to wait!!!

Whilst its not complete record, the overall lead times showing on my sheet are significantly less for yeti's ordered in the latter part of the year.

Darrenm2001 got his 1.2 tsi in just 88 days.

My yeti (ordered in April) took exactly 6 months to the day from order to delivery.

Whilst ATCO's identical vehicle took only 104 days being delivered within days of mine, but ordered significantly later.

SUK should have a fairly good idea of current lead times, you may have to shop around to find a dealer that has not used up their allocation.

PERRANLADY I Hope this helps.

I phoned my dealer this week and asked for my car Yeti 1.2 ordered april this year.My dealer did not know what to say he found out Storm Blue is not available, could be next year. he asked me to contact Skoda UK.

Which I did very helpful. later dealer asked me to call in showroom and would i change colour. Dealer had been contacted by Skoda uk to help every possible way.

Got home had message Skoda uk. Hope things go well with dealer any problems call back.

Like you said i think the problems are if you order extras like i have and really want.

I think Dealers are now worried people will cancel orders

skoda garage in writtle have 1.2 se yeti with sun roof and side steps just waiting for some one to buy only been used a demo Edited by topboss

Thanks to all for the comments & info. I'm going to hang on for mine as ordered as anything else would be a compromise that I'd have to live with (hopefully for many years.)

Might have to buy a cheap oldie to get me around until the Yeti arrives - before divorce proceedings commence as OH is getting fed up of having to ferry me around.

Have now cancelled my order with BUYACAR.co.uk - after an email from me that told them what I had learned from this forum - their Dealer had to admit that no car had yet been made (ordered 30th January 2012 !)

Just got back after visit to Truscotts, Helston, same car ordered - now know why I've waited so long - just as I ordered, Skoda did new brochure stating that you cannot order both a Sunroof and spare tyre with raised floor on the 1.2 TSI DSG (as the weight increases the CO2 emmisions to the next band !) If only the Dealer had checked properly why the order was never accepted !

New order expected by end of February - I have ordered the factory fitted sunroof & dealer will fit raised floor & spare wheel !

• Like 1

The new Yeti finally arrived on Wednesday 24th October, about three weeks ahead of the expected 5 months. I had to collect the car in the end – a combination of things so I’m not blaming the Dealer for this.

It’s a Polar White 2.0 litre TDi 110 SE 4 x 4. The only extras I have are the Off Road under body protection kit, the Off Road button, car mats and a bits container that fits in the bottle holder. I also ordered separately a passenger side under seat drawer as the storage space in the car is much less than the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso that it replaces. I shall be following carefully the fitting experience on the forum! The car came with 17” wheels (no option of 16” when I ordered the car). Although there has been lots of talk on the forum about 16” vs. 17”, to be honest, unless you test drove a Yeti back to back with the different wheel sizes I would challenge anyone to make a judgement. My 17” wheeled Yeti rides significantly better than my 16” shod Citroen but the theory is right; 16” should be more comfortable.

Initial impressions have been very good. I’ve had 3+ years driving a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and 3 years before that with a Renault Grand Scenic so the Yeti seems quite small in comparison. Not really an issue as I wanted a smaller car this time round. I’d had 6 years with Freelanders before that though.

Size was put to the test with three of going to muddy Herefordshire on holiday with all our luggage. The Yeti is approximately 20% smaller than the Picasso so we had to fold one of the rear seats down to get everything in.

It had been so long since I test drove the car that I had forgotten many of the features and even what I’d ordered. The car’s manual is the usual Euro confusion book with every model and every extra listed in it. It took me a couple of attempts to work out that I actually had the Maxi Dot system! I’m still trying to get the car configured to what I want but I’m sure there will be many new owners that can relate to this.

Disappointingly I’ve had three faults already that were fixed by my local dealer today. The central locking switch on the centre console (by the handbrake) broke on day three. Quite a well know problem on the Octavia. The heater vent system needed reprogramming as it seemed to have a mind of its own. For example, it would not send air to the foot wells when the button was selected. The heated mirror / adjuster would not line up with the correct icons – a standard feature apparently. Pretty minor issues really.

The car is comfortable, quiet and very well built. The specification is excellent and it was outstanding value for money. Some would say it’s not the prettiest car on the market but I love it.

my yeti is ready to pick up all the extras have now been sorted but waiting till 1st december so 21 days to go

I'll make a note in my diary to update the sheet in 3 weeks, which will drag by!

• Like 1

After the arrival of our first grandson a couple of weeks ago Mrs Gnomeface test drove a string of small SUVs and Crossovers (her MX-5 is no use for baby transport) and she set her heart on a Yeti automatic 4x4 Elegance. Then we found that there is a 6-9 month waiting list and no "nearly new" or ex-demonstrators anywhere to her specification (she wanted the diesel 2.0, in silver or aqua, and a sunroof was mandatory). :S

So, we were in Cornwall a day or so later and trying to decide what to do, and we happened to see a dealer at Indian Queens - so we popped in, planning to try out the 1.2 petrol version. Sitting in the showroom was an unregistered Elegance 2.0 diesel 4x4 DSG in Aqua Blue complete with sunroof! Wierd. We collected it today and she is over the moon. Had to increase the capacity on my Brownie points store :) .

• Like 3

So, we were in Cornwall a day or so later and trying to decide what to do, and we happened to see a dealer at Indian Queens - so we popped in, planning to try out the 1.2 petrol version. Sitting in the showroom was an unregistered Elegance 2.0 diesel 4x4 DSG in Aqua Blue complete with sunroof! Wierd. We collected it today and she is over the moon. Had to increase the capacity on my Brownie points store :) .

Excellent! Coincidentally, we had just popped in to the same dealer for something and Mrs ATCO and I had a brief chat with Mrs Gnomeface as she sat in what is now her car. Please pass her our congratulations! Congratulations on the Brownie points too!

Edited by ATCO

Sorry if Mrs Gnomeface seemed a bit possessive about it! We just couldn't believe our luck, and when she saw you looking at it she must have come close to breaking the world 50 metres record getting back across the showroom and into the driver's seat to stake her claim.

Hope that your order doesn't take too long and that you will be as happy as we are with the Yeti. Now we just need to find a decent rubber mat for the raised boot floor.

Sorry if Mrs Gnomeface seemed a bit possessive about it! We just couldn't believe our luck, and when she saw you looking at it she must have come close to breaking the world 50 metres record getting back across the showroom and into the driver's seat to stake her claim.

Hope that your order doesn't take too long and that you will be as happy as we are with the Yeti. Now we just need to find a decent rubber mat for the raised boot floor.

Yes we're very happy thanks and we were only looking whilst waiting - our 6 day old Yeti was outside at the time!

Got a call from the dealer yesterday, I've got a confirmed build week of 47 so... Monday she starts to get built...

So the estimated delivery is December week 1, week 2 at the latest.

Got a call from the dealer yesterday, I've got a confirmed build week of 47 so... Monday she starts to get built...

So the estimated delivery is December week 1, week 2 at the latest.

Excellent news - sheet updated

I'll make a note in my diary to update the sheet in 3 weeks, which will drag by!

you are so right it is draging by but on my holidays next week then straight to garage to pick it up only 10 more days

Hello all - first post here!

Chased up the dealer this week to find out build week this week (commencing 19th Nov). Deposit placed on 4th October, and due to extras it was a special build.

Any idea likely wait from this point? I'm hoping before Xmas. It's my first ever brand new car, after 25 years of driving everything from Citroen BX, TR7, Porsche, 205 GTi, MX5 and (currently) Panda 100HP amongst many others.

Really looking forward to it - main reason for change was increase in mileage, a wish for something more comfortable, and space for my 18 month old daughter and all her various bits and bobs.

I've ordered a Corrida Red 110 BHP 2.0 Diesel SE with the following extras: Heated windscreen, heated seats, Bluetooth, raised boot floor and mats. I know I could've had an SE+ for almost the same, but don't like the 'Kristal' upholstery. Got a great deal from main dealer that a mate who sources cars couldn't beat. I've also ordered sports pedals, stainless exhaust trim, black sill covers and boot mat from the dealer for when it arrives. Plan is to keep it at least 6 years, possibly 10 or until it dies - any spare cash goes on race cars!