What a load of toss if you want a new octy!

Problem is you boys in the UK have gotten too used to the "No VAT" price deal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A New Octy vRS CR hatch here with manual box is €29k list price

I paid £18,000 for my vRS with leather interior, electric sunroof, rain sensors, xenons, front and rear parking sensors, and heated front seats. Well chuffed!

Was that from your own spec or already sitting in the showroom?

I paid £18,000 for my vRS with leather interior, electric sunroof, rain sensors, xenons, front and rear parking sensors, and heated front seats. Well chuffed!

Would be interested to hear who could supply that spec at that price? Thanks.

Assuming thats a manual then thats not a bad price. I paid £17.5K last July for a CR VRS with DSG and rear PDC.

I'd have liked auto lights but I wasn't going to complain at that price considering there were more expensive second-hand cars around at the time!

Look at this months Evo magazine , there is an artical about residuals for petrol and diesels , goes on to say even prestige petrol cars are falling hugely because people are too concerned with fuel costs ,it quotes for a 2007 635d is 20,000, a 630i sport £5000 less but even at 10,000 miles a year you would only spend 450 pounds more on fuel :happy:

Petrols are a thing of the past in Ireland , I don't see any facelift Vrs petrols here at all, diesel ones hold there value well and ever better than bigger brand bmws etc.

Buying a petrol Vrs is like flushing money away.

On the basis of this http://www.autotrade.../1501?logcode=p which is pretty close to my Scout (Age and miles minus a few of the options I have, columbus, mdi, xenons etc.) mine has lost £550.00 in two and a half years and 40k miles, not bad depreciation really :happy:

£12k for an 18m old was a good buy, what was the retail on those at new , list was over £19k.

Petrols are a thing of the past in Ireland , I don't see any facelift Vrs petrols here at all, diesel ones hold there value well and ever better than bigger brand bmws etc.

Buying a petrol Vrs is like flushing money away.

Have to agree with you there. Also with the whole of Ireland being mostly rural compared to the main land uk,so fewer petrol stations about. Plus diesel is cheaper than petrol. I had a few strange looks when I asked for petrol when I was back home in Tyrone last year

£12k for an 18m old was a good buy, what was the retail on those at new , list was over £19k.

With the options mine has, list was over £22k so I don't reckon it could have been bought new for less than £18k although first owner was Skoda UK.

I bought it as an 08 in Feb 2010 (First registered June08) so more like 20 months old, it was on the forecort for £12995 and I was offered £4k for mine (Had only been offered £3.5k elsewhere), talked them down to £8k to change and when they did the paperwork it was recorded as £4k for part exchange and £12k for the Scout. This was good for a Scout at the time (Although they were very rare second hand back then) although at 33k miles it was slightly high mileage and it had a few big stone chips and the wheels were starting to delaminate, still £220 for a wheel refurb and I can live with the stone chips for a cheap car :think:

I think part of my bargain was that it was an independent second hand dealer (Although a very reputable one) who didn't know about the options or the true worth of the car.

Granted, but we're talking money here aren't we rather than driving dynamics ?

True true but viewing the "whole package", the Ford is still the car to beat. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have my right knacker removed than drive a Ford but it's an interesting comparison and as ever, not as straight - cut as first appears........

Might have been happy with a diesel... IF they'd have been the same price when you buy them, but i'm not gonna spend X thousand pounds more so in the long term i'll break even! Unlike before diesel was popular, there's hardly any price difference anyway, so couldn't see the point! The govenment sure jumped on the chance to bump the revenue up on that one: I remember when diesel was about half the price of petrol, and it wasn't that long ago!

Was that from your own spec or already sitting in the showroom?

It was ex demo selling for £18,998 got it knocked down to £18k. Got £500 px for old car and I paid for it outright.

Would be interested to hear who could supply that spec at that price? Thanks.

it was ex demo going for £18,998 got it knocked down to £18k, £500 Px for old car. Birchwood Skoda West Sussex.

With the options mine has, list was over £22k so I don't reckon it could have been bought new for less than £18k although first owner was Skoda UK.

I think part of my bargain was that it was an independent second hand dealer (Although a very reputable one) who didn't know about the options or the true worth of the car.

Skoda must have given it away, the indi must have still made some money at £12k, even at 20m that was a steal.

Now if we could find a 1.8 L&K like that but a bit older we would be happy.

Edited by P&N

Just dug out my paperwork from 2008.

Talking about giving it away, at the height of the crisis, Nov. 2008, I got my 1.8 TSi Elegance hatch for £13900 and was given £6075 for my 2005 2.0 FSi hatch in px.

I thought this was pretty good from a main dealer. (They also gave me free mats and front mudflaps!)

Skoda must have given it away, the indi must have still made some money at £12k, even at 20m that was a steal.

Now if we could find a 1.8 L&K like that but a bit older we would be happy.

It had another owner in between Skoda UK and the garage I bought off, but someone somewhere must have made a big loss in a short time.

I have a feeling garage I bought it from probably picked it up from the auctions.

WOW for 22k you could have had a whole lot better car,

As Stoofa said, I am buying the car I want. I don't want a VW or BMW etc.

I take your point that it's a lot of money compared to some of the discounts that others have got on this topic and I will raise this with my dealer.

I think Skoda's have a certain exclusivity about them. I realise that this is for the wrong reasons but I like the fact that I only see one or two a day on my commute, rather than the hordes of Fords, Vauxhalls etc.

• Like 1