New toy arrived :), got my greenline 2pm today :)

got my greenline today from beadles,

can't fault the service, everything explained clearly about all the paperwork, took a while to work through it all

car is fantastic,

to be honest i never test drove a greenline or 1.2tdi, just ordered it on spec due to mpg / economy and comes pretty much with all the toys as a cost reduction exercise

first impressions

shocked i suppose is one word for it, i was expecting it to be somewhat slower than it is due to being only 1.2tdi and 75bhp but until you get up to 50+mph it pulls smoothly and is reasonably quick

it pulls a lot better than expected, but i have already noted (as others have said) below about 1700rpm somewhat gutless, but once you get past that and the turbo cuts in its off, so a little adjustment to driving style needed

the hillhold is fun, found a couple of big hills and small slopes and tried it out, will take a bit of getting used to, to pull off smoothly with it on

nice to have cruise back and the flick the indicators and they flash 3 times (forgot the fancy name for it)

build quality good, radio good, never had rear parking sensors before, got to get used to them beeping, noise levels on the road, are far better than my old roomster and i love the engine tone, it sort of growls when you give it a bit of wheelie (must be a 3 cylinder thing)

done about 50 miles today playing and taking the family out for the first ride in the new toy, averaged about 54mpg most of that round town, playing so not economical

on the 25 mile run home from work it managed 65mpg (totally shocked) was expecting lower as engine tight and not trying to be economical, i have a 150 mile round trip for work next week on the m25 that should be interesting

stop/start will take some getting used to

only thing i have noticed is when i stop the engine and take the keys out it says "check deadlocks" ? is this normal or something i need to get them to check?

"check deadlocks" is normal, it's a reminder that if you leave anyone in the car that you should disable the deadlocks. To do that, lock the car as normal, then press the lock button again. You'll hear another click from the locks, the car will still be locked but not deadlocked.

If it's deadlocked, someone inside the car cannot get out.

thanks, not seen any mention of it manual, which is why i asked

only other minor thing is the instant speed readout is in kph, manual seems to hint it can be changed but not found the relevant bit yet

nope not maxi dot,

bottom line of display is trip milage, next line up (just below bottom of fuel graph) when i am moving is speed in kph ?

thanks, not seen any mention of it manual, which is why i asked

only other minor thing is the instant speed readout is in kph, manual seems to hint it can be changed but not found the relevant bit yet

When I picked up my Fabia (vRS) I noticed this immediately. The Dealer told me it's a legal requirement to display kph though to be fair it hasn't interferred with enjoying the car!

When I picked up my Fabia (vRS) I noticed this immediately. The Dealer told me it's a legal requirement to display kph though to be fair it hasn't interferred with enjoying the car!

got to pop in to get some mats and order the spare wheel (as not available as factory option due to model being "eco" friendly, so why fit roof bars then on the estate??) was surprised i did not even get a jack, no wonder i see so many cars on the side of the road with a flat tyre so might ask a question on the kph display see if it is a consistent answer

going to explore local scrap yards as skoda want £135+vat i believe for the wheel,jack and polystyrene bit

first tank of fuel :(

milage 474

litres 39.37

cost per litre 136.9

trip computer mpg 53.8

actual mpg 54.5

trip computer accuracy -1.28%

cost per mile 12p

not bad, as first tank, engine tight and not driving to economical

first night work to home 25 mile run gave 62mpg, last night 71mpg, tonight 74 mpg

all driven at 60mph on cruise in similar traffic conditions

best trade off for economy vs speed seems to be around 65mph

stop start is growing on me, but do find myself being naughty and at the point i would normally stick it in 2nd / 1st i coasting in neutral to a stop

i am keeping a careful track of fuel, even down to brand so i can see for definite the effect of different brands (eg branded vs supermarket etc)

Edited by bluecar1

i think that is because the speedo only has MPH on it and both mph and kph have to be display due to EU legislation

I got a puncture -getting the tyre replaced in central London was a complete pain. It ended up costing me £105 and they obviously dropped the alloy it on it's face as there are lots of little dings on the spokes :( I've learned my lesson and invested in a proper alloy spare, so that I can change the wheel myself, get it fixed in my own time at a place I trust and for a decent price. Also I don't not have to worry about driving on a space saver.

As the Greenline has narrow tyres it fits perfectly.

Price for the wheel with a tyre and the tool kit was £200.78 inc.

Edited by greenstripe

no pictures....

its a standard red greenline estate, what more to say or show

fuel economy still improving, got 78mpg on 25mile run home from work, currently seems to be improving 2-3mpg / day

not sure how much that is the engine / drive train losening up or me learning how to get the best out of driving it

but i am trying to keep it constant by setting it to 60mph on cruise so i am more or less out of the equation, as only a couple of miles each end are not m/way or dual carriageway