Want it to show mph

suzyfluz

As has been said many, many, many times......if you want to display MPH then the ONLY way is to set the car to "Australia"......nothing else!!

What can be done to Golfs from the past bears no relation to what has to be done to a Yeti!!

But what can be done to the current golf has plenty to do with what you can do to a yeti (we have both)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I will nip out and have a play with vcds later. But my point was really that golf or yeti it makes pretty much no odds, the differences lie in the modules fitted. The more modern the car and the higher up the range , the more you can tweak. Golf and yeti are pretty much the same in many respects. There's a lot less in the way of options on a Fabia or the mk1 a3 which my wife just traded in for the Golf. Now we have identical engines in golf and yeti wrappers

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

On golfs you can change the kmh to the outside temp and also display the speed in the fuel computer area by changing the clocks to ROW (rest of world) - once done you can change the temp Barack to knh in the fuel computers settings menu at will.

I'll let you know when I pick mine up on the 1st of September ;-)

On you but I was also referring to the outside temp, then I said I'll let you know when I have mine.

Not "you can do this on golfs and therefore you can most certainly do it on a yeti".

So, keep your hair on and don't have a heart attack.....

Edited by Marso
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Possibly but

"changing the clocks to ROW (rest of world)"

does NOT apply to a Yeti!!

Bored now! :think:

FYI I just picked up my yeti and changed the clocks to ROW and it gives outside temp in the kmh display and gives MPH in the dis - just like a mk6 golf ;-)

I stuck a small triangle of white PVC tape on the analogue speedo dial at the speed I wanted to drive at when I bought the Roomster.

I did it because the needle angle was different from my previous vehicle, so a quick glance was a bit confusing. I am now accustomed to the Roomie speedo and have discarded the tape.

FYI I just picked up my yeti and changed the clocks to ROW and it gives outside temp in the kmh display and gives MPH in the dis - just like a mk6 golf ;-)

Did you do this yourself via the Maxidot, as I tried but could not find the relevant options. From previous posts, I thought this had to be done via dealer's computer download.

If this is genuine information, I think lots of Yeti owners on here would be very interested... judging by the number of threads and questions about this very "feature".

If this is genuine information, I think lots of Yeti owners on here would be very interested... judging by the number of threads and questions about this very "feature".

Yes and it has also been known for nearly a couple of years too.

This is genuine information yes, shall I do a "how to"?

It's very simple if you have VCDS :-)

OK and many thanks. I was a bit confused as you gave the impression that it could be done by anyone and not as previous posts had correctly stated, that a VCDS was required ("FYI I just picked up my yeti and changed the clocks to ROW").

Edited by Truthseeker

Sorry if I gave that impression I assumed it was a given that people here would know you'd need VCDS to do most coding.

Was more about the fact that you can use ROW to get mph in the mfa and temp in lieu of kmh in the dis as per a mk6 golf.....

• Like 1