4x4 Turbo - Sleeper-ish :o)

CRAIGROBBO

Hi All,

Well im totaly new to the world of Skoda's but have choosen the below for my little project.

2001 Octavia 4x4 Turbo.

The Plan,

a sleeper - Keep the outside totaly standard in no way will it be a show and shine winner ha ha.

But all my efforts will be aimed at the Engine / suspention with the final outcome hopefully around 300hp.

This wont be a quick project but will try and get things moving soon and will update along the way.

First things.

Full service / T-belt / Tensioner / Oil Pump.

Mods ordered today.

dump valve / induction kit / turbo timer / boost gauge.

Few pics of the sleeper.

IMG_0393.jpg
IMG_0394.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg

On a side note i have sold my BMW E46 M3 to fund this new project.

Cheers Craig....

Edited by CRAIGROBBO

oil pump? do you mean water pump? just cos i have a 4x4 and wondered if there was any significance.

Water pump! i was ordering the oil filter on ebay whilst typing this out!! its getting to late ha ha

Cheers Craig...

Moar lower! :giggle:

Welcome to the forum mate.. Estates rule!

Dont worry Coilovers / Ajustable rear arms / short rear track rod ends will be on cards soon.

Also some brakes! after the M3 this feels like a death trap trying to stop her lol!

Cheers Craig.

Hi all,

Small Update here...

My temp Air Filter arrived so fitted that straight on, This will be getting changed for a Jabba Sport version when the car goes to get mapped.

Also i had a spare dump valve from my old Impreza so i fitted this also last night, Again this will be changed for the Forge 007P.

I did mention the brakes were goosed! so i ordered new front and rear discs/pads from brembo, They arrived yesterday and will post up pics over the weekend.

Pics: Yes i know the rocker cover needs cleaning ha ha..

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

On a side note is sounds really weird hearing dump valve chirps from a family sized estate car!

Cheers Craig...

Hi all,

update 30-07-12

As i found out driving the car back from scotland where i bought it from, that the brakes were terrible and needed replaced so i ordered Brembo replacements which arrived last week.

IMG_0404.jpg

I only had Sunday to play with the car and therefore only got the fronts changed due to other plans etc, But i did clean up the calipers and paint them black and added some brembo stickers i had in the garage.

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

I will get the rears fitted this week along with 4 new tyres, I have a turbo gauge on order with A-post pillar pod and also a HKS turbo timer.

Cheers Craig...

• Like 1

Ahhh so you're the chap who bought that one :)

Looks like a great project!

I am guessing you seen this on ebay aswell!

Yeah should be a good little project! and a great sleeper when finished.

Cheers Craig...

Welcome along :thumbup:

Good looking car

Should have taken the opportunity to upgrade to bigger brakes whilst you where at it - 288mm just don't cut the mustard

Its begging to be lowered too :giggle:

They look like 312s already to me?

Hi All,

Another little update i have ordered my Coilover Kit which should arrive late this week so i hope to get the lot fitted at the weekend, Then i can get the car booked in to get the alignment and set up all correct.

Also i have decided to go with the FORGE FMIC Kit which is nearly 3 times as much as the Toyosports version but i will be upgrading the turbo and running more boost soon and i dont think the cheaper kit would have cut the mustard so to speak.

The car is going on friday afternoon to get looked at for the new exhaust system, Going to be 3" bore all the way from the down pipe with the cats removed but having a de-cat section in the system so we can fitt them back in for any M.O.T issues. Not having any tail pipe showing and will hide just like the standard one, But yes it will make much more noise ha ha. I have went with the 3" as when Jabba Sport fit the turbo kit later in the year their down pipe is 3" so the whole system will mate correctly.

Will update with more pictures once the above bit n bobs arrive.

Cheers craig...

you going for a vf34 ?

I am waiting on Jabba Sports offical quotation from Brian, I was informed the turbo being fitted will be good for 400hp but with mods im going with the end result should be around 320-340hp.

Plus i will be using the car daily for etc so dont want to go mad

Cheers Craig...

Hi All,

Well my Coilover Kit arrived today, just waiting on the hub splitters to come and if the weather stays fine i will get these fitted over the weekend.

Couple of pics.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Cheers Craig...