4x4 Turbo - Sleeper-ish :o)

CRAIGROBBO

1 bar is only 14.7psi?

Im running 20/21 psi at 210bhp

Yes.... Spot the mistake ha ha :giggle:

This is why you dont order things after 4 pints of bullmers and nearly 2 bottles of red wine!... My error.

I will be ordering a 2 bar gauge right now..

Any one want a 1 bar gauge?? lol

Cheers craig..

Hi All,

Well Saturday i thought i would fit the coilover kit!...

I statred on the rears which took about 1hr30 each side but in the end got them fitted.

So to the fronts, only issue here was the hub bolt siezed but finally came out, Got the new strut in place let the car down and look inside the bonnet at the strut top and the ram from the new shocker was sticking through about 4" !!!! What the flip??..

I look at the other new shocker which was not fitted and striped it down to find out the top cap where the spring sits against has a hole large enough not just to let the top threaded part of the ram throught is but also the main part aswell.

The threaded part is about 14mm OD and the main ram is 20mm OD -- The top hat pieces is 20.5mm OD im guessing this has been machined wrong??

Any ideas.

Top hat piece below with a 20.5mm OD hole.

IMG_0437.jpg

The ram with 14mm OD threaded part then has a little flat shoulder and the main ram is 20mm OD.

IMG_0436.jpg

On this picture you can see the top hat goes over threared part and then carrys on down the main shaft thus letting the whole ram come up through!!!

IMG_0435.jpg

I am guessing that top hat piece should only allow the threaed part pass through it and should sit on the little shoulder therefore not letting the whole ram just come up through.

Any help or advise would be great guys...

Cheers Craig...

These are all the bits in order from my KWs.

So there should be a nut that holds the bearing in place.

614717_10151100704780901_1281241499_o.jpg

Hi Rob,

It looks like i have not taken the bearing off the old shock (The 3rd loose item from the right in your above picture), This will slide down and stop the ram from coming up past the top mount.

I have been racking brains all morning at work and new something was missing.

I will strip down the old shock and fit the bearing when i get in from work and fingers crossed it all work correctly.

I think sometimes when you doing the same job for a long time you get tired and dont concentrate, Thats my excuise anyways.

Cheers Craig..

and the top mount bearing is far right in the picture mate not third in.

No its not, he is right. From right there's nut, rubber, bearing.

I'd always buy new top mounts & bearings when changing suspension personally, at least then you know everything's good.

Hi All,

Ok so I stripped down the old shock and removed the bearing which looked new and turned smoothly etc.

Fitted it to the strut and it all slotted in perfect! So just got the drivers front to finish up! Hopefully get this done tomorrow night.

Thanks for the helps guys!

Cheers Craig.......

• Like 1

Following this with interest....

I have a spare gt30 suitable for the JS manifold......if you're interested????

I've had nearly 9 years of experience with Brian & Michael at Jabba, you can't fault them!!!!!!

Steve

Hi Steve,

From the information I have getting so far from JS

It will be the GT30 turbo required.

What sort of cash you after for the turbo? How many miles on it etc..

Cheers Craig....

Hi All,

Well i have finished of the coilovers! and its low low low!...... The front bumper is only 2.5" of the ground which may cause problems in my area due to bloody speed humps so tomorrow night gona raise the front up a little bit.

Anyways a few pictures for you all.

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Whats the verdict people??...

Cheers Craig...

• Like 4

Hi All,

Me at work hitting the speed ramps.....

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

I had to hit the tallest one sideways otherwise the bumper was going to catch.

Will be lifting the car up to night a wee bit.

Cheers craig...

• Like 2