4x4 Turbo - Sleeper-ish :o)

CRAIGROBBO

You happy with the exhaust mate?

Hi Lewy,

The exhaust is great, Nice low down note but this will change again once the De-cat is fitted! hopefully get some pops n bangs then! Ha Ha..

Cheers Craig..

What size pipe have they used ??

Looks good buddy ;-)

Sleeper 4x4's is the way forward ;-)

They would normally use 2-1/4" but i wanted it to be 2-1/2" so the full system once the De-cat is done will be 2-1/2" from the down pipe back.

I think for anything up to 300hp 2-1/2" is perfect but any more power i would move up to 3"+ depending on HP.

My pal has just sold is Toyota Supra but this thing was running over 1000 HP and ran a 6" ID system from the turbo back! HUGE!

Cheers Craig..

Hi All,

Small update.

I had the wagon in for M.O.T yesterday and it failed on 2 rear brake pipes and everything else O.K!..

Also dropping it in tomorrow morning to finish the exhaust off, cats are coming out at last but hoping its not going to be too loud???.

Then Friday its back to get the 2 rear brakes pipes replaced and if they get delivered in time i have some HEL braided brake lines for the front.

Cheers Craig...

Hi All,

Well dropped the car off this morning for the de-cat to made and fitted so looking forward to hearing it all done later.

My HEL braided brake lines arrived also and will get some pics tonight.

I have also ordered a silicone TIP (Turbo Intake Pipe) as the standard one is soft as hell! it must deform under pressure, This should come early next week and then the car will be booked in to JS to work some magic.

Cheers craig...

Nice progress... when i had my mk1 vRS the TIP was the biggest PITA to fit but for the money gave the best results... spool was quicker and as you said, under pressure there is no loss of shape.

I have also ordered a silicone TIP (Turbo Intake Pipe) as the standard one is soft as hell! it must deform under pressure, This should come early next week and then the car will be booked in to JS to work some magic.

Why bother changing the T.I.P if you're changing the turbo?????!!! Wasted money.......

Why bother changing the T.I.P if you're changing the turbo?????!!! Wasted money.......

Unfortunately my budget is running out a little faster then first thought, my plans have changed slightly for the time being.

I'm just going to change the turbo for a hybrid version of the standard one, BDM do the turbo for about £800 and then get JS to fit there induction kit and do a stage 3 map and see what the outcome is? Probs around 250hp ish?.

Then run the car like this over the winter and save some more cash so next spring I can carry on with the larger turbo upgrade, plus my lass isn't to pleased on the amount of money being spent ha ha especially when she wants her engagement ring! D'oh.

Cheers Craig.

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend!...

IMG_0499.jpg

Friday my HEL Braided front brake line arrived so whilst it was at the garage getting brake pipes done for the M.O.T i asked them to fit.

When i went to pick the car up the garage said they are the wrong one!! D'oh... Said they were to short by about 3" - 4"??.. Not sure if these are for a VRS MK1 then??.

These are about 18-3/4" long from metal end to metal end, If any body wants them cheap PM me.

Also,

I had the cats out last thursday and whilst out on sunday the engine warning light poped up, guessing this is because of the cats being removed as car runs perfect,,,, Once re-mapped will the light go out?

After a good think over the weekend and seeing other peeps comments etc, I am just going to leave the turbo until spring and get a stage 2 map and a JS induction kit.

Cheers Craig..

Hello All,

O.K so i have just spoke with JS and got my car booked in for 13th Sept for the stage 2 map!!...cant wait.

Prep work this week.

Fit the new TIP later tonight.

The car was serviced just over 1000 miles ago but i have bought another oil filter / fuel filter so gona drop the oil again before next thrusdays drive to JS, Also i only had bogo NGK plugs so have ordered some Denso Iridium Tough plugs (£73!!) but they came highly recomended.

I have just ordered a Forge 007P DV to replace the cheap one currently fitted and also ordered the spring DV kit as i am not sure if it may need a strong spring when running more boost??... Would rather have them with me just to be safe.

Only thing is i am not sure if i should order the JS induction kit?....£230 is pushing my finances a little??...

Cheers Craig...

You'll probably want to trim the TIP, i had to take about 1" from mine before it fitted nicely.

Get an eBay CAI and then a decent filter to go on the end of it, total cost would be about £60-£70 ish :)

Edited by Philip W

Hi All,

I have left the fitting of my TIP pipe untill staurday as it looks a little harder than first thought?.. mainly reaching down to the turbo etc.

I noticed also one of the breather pipes was split so new piece arrived today.

IMG_0504.jpg

And my Denso plugs.

IMG_0505.jpg

Should get the above bits sorted tonight and just waiting on my Forge DV to arrive, Hopefully today.

Cheers Craig..