Auto dimming mirror

I've noticed on the latest Škoda website in the section where it lists equipment for the L & K version, it includes an auto dimming mirror as standard now and it is not listed in the options, but if you download the brochure, it still shows it as an optional extra.

Mine's due in about October or November and I didn't order an auto dimming mirror, but does anyone know if I will get one now?

Well, I was too late to add it to my order...the car was already built. I just assumed that the Elegance would have it as standard...by the time I realised that it did not...it was too late. I think it is standard on the Octavia Elegance...which is rather strange!

I always thought that any Skoda of elegance spec got an auto dimming rear view mirror and in the case of the superb also auto dimming wing mirrors too.

Have you checked with the dealer than it definitely isn't standard on your car?

If that's the case then it's very annoying. Wouldn't be without an auto dimming mirror!

Phil

It was on the options list when I ordered the car and I do not want to pay for it if it is extra, but I was interested if they have tweeked the spec.

Would the dealer be any the wiser if I asked him?

It's not standard on any superb, I had to order it on my elegance. I'm not convinced the external mirrors are dimming ones either. I put my hand over the sensor and the interior one dimmed, but the external ones didn't.

Skoda has certainly caused a lot of confusion with their "standard" and "options" list. In Australia we get the dimming mirror (all 3 of them) as standard on the elegance model. Leather, heated and electric seats also standard. Other items such as Park Assist, adaptive headlights, 18" sport suspension were also standard on my car. It is probably a way to justify the "luxury" tag they use here. I am not sure how these standard items are priced into the vehicle but they are extremely competitively priced agains the Passat albeit not having exactly the same list of equipment available.

I have the auto dimming mirror as standard on my Elegance but have to confess that I always leave the rear window roller shade up so the sensors do not operate. The rear shade does the same (if not better) job anyway

• 2 weeks later...

The auto rear mirror is an option on the Elegance in the UK. Plus we don't get the option of auto dimming wing mirrors here

Just to add my data point to this: my 2012 UK Superb does have auto-dimming wing mirrors with a visible border on the mirror glass itself. I notice that the only other UK spec. car in the related thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243359-auto-dimming-exterior-mirror-problem/page__hl__+dimming +mirror

that has the dimming wing mirrors is also an L&K. Seems odd that Skoda may be fitting more kit to some cars for the same option price...

m.

I was one of the first to order the L&K when it came out (NOV 11) and changed my car from an Elegance 170 to the L&K.

It did not come with Auto Dimming rear view mirror as standard so i added it as i have it on my Zafira Elite and it is a must for night time driving.

My exterior mirrors also dim when the internal one does and like the previous poster i have the borders around my external mirrors where the photocromatic properties of the mirrors occur.

I've noticed on the latest Škoda website in the section where it lists equipment for the L & K version, it includes an auto dimming mirror as standard now and it is not listed in the options, but if you download the brochure, it still shows it as an optional extra.

Mine's due in about October or November and I didn't order an auto dimming mirror, but does anyone know if I will get one now?

hi i have a elegance and its fitted on mine :rofl:

Just to add my data point to this: my 2012 UK Superb does have auto-dimming wing mirrors with a visible border on the mirror glass itself. I notice that the only other UK spec. car in the related thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243359-auto-dimming-exterior-mirror-problem/page__hl__+dimming +mirror

that has the dimming wing mirrors is also an L&K. Seems odd that Skoda may be fitting more kit to some cars for the same option price...

m.

Hi Mark,

The other post was mine and when I get back home from holiday I'm going to tackle my local dealer about this. Any chance you can post a photo of each mirror so we can see the border. I'll need ammo and the more the better!. The L&K is supposed to be an Elegance PLUS, if you like, as it's listed in the brochure as 'The ŠKODA Superb Elegance Laurin & Klement Luxury pack' and there's no mention of anything to do with auto dimming mirrors as part of the additional spec. It's interesting as nczernus also reported his L&K as having dimming door mirrors but other Elegance owners report not having them and another post reports it as not UK spec. Skoda need to get themselves sorted.

Photos would be really useful.

cheers Simon

Edited by smf1007

Oh Blast Sorry Simon, havent taken my car in for the last few days, just see it in the hotel car park and check it for holes every morning/evening.

will take a photo tomorow and send to your Prvte e-mail.

Regarding inserting an image...I've been trying to do that for months! I think you need special equipment and knowledge... neither of which I have. Best of luck to you, nczernus.

Photos would be really useful.

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay in replying - I was driving back from Athens (in the Superb :giggle: ).

You can see the border of the mirror in this picture:

7816893684_565e240a31.jpg

Heated/auto dimming mirror by mark.s.morley, on Flickr

Hope this helps - and good luck with your dealer!

Cheers,

m.

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay in replying - I was driving back from Athens (in the Superb :giggle: ).

You can see the border of the mirror in this picture:

Hope this helps - and good luck with your dealer!

Cheers,

m.

Hi Mark,

Picture looks good and should be useful...I've had similar pictures from another L&K owner (nczernus) showing the same. Car booked into dealer for the 28th so I'll post the results. Thanks a lot.

cheers Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Lets "us" know what happens on the 28th.

Goog luck.

Nothing really happened so I'm busy constructing a letter of complaint to Skoda UK. Dealer was less than useful...all they could tell me was what my car was built with...you know the usual, obvious, 'the world is round' stuff. Ok, it's spherical for those who want an argument!

From various posts there have been at least 3 L&K owners who have recently reported having the dimming door mirrors fitted (thanks for the photos, chaps!), and the L&K was always (I'm talking about MY12 cars now) an add-on luxury pack to the Elegance model and the auto dimming rear view mirror was an option on all models (forget what the latest brochure says 'cos that just confused things even more).

In another related topic infoschumi has listed some part numbers and reckons that it's a 20 minute job to retrofit. See http://www.briskoda....dimming mirror. It's not a job I'd want to tackle at the moment...don't even know where the door controller is or what it looks like and I can't make head or tale of the part nos...I thought all Superb parts started with '3T' with the 3rd digit denoting left or right hand drive???

I collected my new L&K today and it has auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors. The auto dimming mirror was an option I didn't request when I ordered the car.