why did you choose the superb over the octavia

My Octavia 4x4 was written off (not my fault) and could not find another 4x4 or Scout at the right price or milage. The Yeti was a bit small (and expensive) so found a Superb Elegance 4x4 TDi 170 hatch at the right price. Had a test drive and bought it. love the space and the 'toys', much more kit than the Octavia.

Until last week we had the Octavia PD170 VRS and the Superb 2 CR170 elegance , reason i chose the Superb 2 was its more spacious than the Octy , much better equipped , twin door was a bonus as i liked the hatch and its just a bit more upmarket and quality , much smoother and quieter on the motorway an excellent cruiser , the Superb replaced a Mercedes E class estate , our Octavia had replaced my wifes Beetle V5 sport

The Octavia was only £1,000 cheaper and the Superb had significantly more toys on it for that extra grand. Plus the rear leg room was huge and I prefer larger cars.

I didn't actually drive an Octavia until after I bought the Superb and it was better than I was epecting. You could certainly feel it was lighter as the turn in was improved. Still happy I went for the Superb though.

My wife has the Octavia Estate (125 petrol) and I have the Superb twindoor (170 diesel). The Superb is much better in every respect: space, comfort, noise, spec (both are Elegance), comfort (it's so good, it deserves another mention). I did pay £7k more for mine, so £ for £ it may be a different result.

I was originally going for a 1.6 CR Octy estate elegance, but decided to get a lease quote for the 1.6CR Superb twindoor S with Cruise, heated seats and rear sensors- result was Superb was £4 a month cheaper, after difference in fuel consumption and PD11 tax taken into consideration I reckoned the estimated extra £5 a month to have a Superb was worth it for the space (indidentally both cars came out about £90 a month cheaper than an Avensis T2 Saloon 2litre D taking lease, tax and fuel costs for me.

Havent regretted decision other than now realise any opther car will be a downgrade when lease ends in 18 monts so probably need to replace with another Superb :happy:

Was due to change my 1.8tsi Octy Scout , and could not order a new Scout. So went for the 1.8tsi Suberb SE 4X4 Estate .Have not regreted it. Much more space, a lot Quieter,better equiped, nicer shape ,and just as good to drive.

I had an Octavia estate 1.9 TDi DSG before, my wife had Mk1 Octavia for 11 years and then a new 2010 (hatch). I wanted more kit, more comfort, leather, xenons, DSG, petrol. I have tried so many other cars and without wanting to pay extra for a German badge, this was the obvious choice. I have been driving it for a month now. It is so much quieter than the Octy, it has great extras, streaming bluetooth audio from my iPhone or HTC (no need to by the MDI thing!) Sat nav is pretty good. It is very smooth and stable to drive and easily on a par with a Mercedes C230 (7 speed Auto) that I had four years ago. It's enjoyable to drive, and when it is hot, the ventilated seats option is fantastic! I have never been so please with any car I have ever owned.

I was also originally going for Octavia, but noticed at dealer's that price tag for Superb was only some 20% higher for an upmarket ride with some nice touch such as twin-door, adaptive xenon and immence legroom. To say nothing about umbrella - the niciest of all ;)

I had a Mk1 Octavia saloon/hatch, then progressed to a Mk2 Estate, both 1.9 TDi. I then changed to an Audi A4 and when that came up for renewal I wanted something different of the company car list. I'd always liked Skoda so it was a no-brainer really, also all my colleagues were having Audi A4s and VW Passats.

Much smoother, bigger capacity, more legroom for kids etc.