Bump strips with or without

mcbunny

with

without

Can we see a picture after someone has opened their door into your car, or pushed a supermarket trolley against it? I reserve judgement until then ;)

I'm gonna say on, as it looks a little "slab" sided imo.

I'm gonna get the handles colour coded, as well as a new set of rubbing strips colour coded too! :thumbup:

I prefer with then on , without them it looks liks a Fabia Classic IMHO. But as long you prefer it.. thats what matters. Just wait for the first dink that you or someone else imparts then you will know whats best in reality, other drivers and passengers just dont give a dam. The parking close to a kerb on an end space or parking across two bays or furthest way from anywhere dossn't help someone will always park 2" away from your unprotected door.

John

Hi RCe

Very interested in your pics. Your vRS looks lowered and are those Golf wheels? 16"? If so the tyres look like higher profile than the usual 45 series. Are they 50 or 55 profile? Did fitting them soften the ride after lowering? What did they do for your speedo accuracy? Sorry so many questions...

Hi RCe

Very interested in your pics. Your vRS looks lowered and are those Golf wheels? 16"? If so the tyres look like higher profile than the usual 45 series. Are they 50 or 55 profile? Did fitting them soften the ride after lowering? What did they do for your speedo accuracy? Sorry so many questions...

Hi rsbspt,

Yes, the wheels are from the Mk4 Golf GTi... and are fitted with 205/55/16 tyres. They are wider than the standard vRS wheels.. but i've been running them for about 3.5k now and they seem fine. Its been lowered on eibachs and is still on the standard shock setup. Wouldn't know about the speedo accuracy tbh mate, I have no way of testing it. Yeah its a comfier ride, I believe most Mk4's came with these tyres, and it handles superbly well. I dunno wether I would recommend you go down the same route with the wheels/tyres, I got them because they were brand new, and cheap.. I do think they look better than the standard ones and i'm sourcing centre caps for them atm. Their is a tiny amount of rubbing at full lock, but barely noticeable.

You think they look alright? ;)

RCe

You think they look alright?

Yeah they look good - fill the arches nicely. I think the Fab should have had 205/50 x 16 tyres from new, but I understand the VAG parts bin didn't have that size homologated so we're stuck with 45 profile which is a bit too low profile for a smooth ride when fitting uprated springs IMHO.