VRS oil consumption solved now?

So there is actually someone with high mileage (at least 30000 miles) and no or normal oil consumption, right? Becouse from this and Polo forums it would seem that this twincharger engine is total oil consuming crap.

So there is actually someone with high mileage (at least 30000 miles) and no or normal oil consumption, right? Becouse from this and Polo forums it would seem that this twincharger engine is total oil consuming crap.

Thank you for such an insightful and helpful contribution to the thread. Welcome.

Thank you for such an insightful and helpful contribution to the thread. Welcome.

Well don't take any offense, i am just afraid that I will buy another oil thirsty Fabia like I have now (but after 10 happy years). I know that forums exaggerate problems, because satisfied customers usually don't write about it, but still from this and other VW forums it would seem, that failure rate in this twincharger engine is much higher than normal.

Edited by Mikek

if you bought it new, you are obliged to give them a chance to fix the fault,,, they have tried and failed, therefore you can reject the vehical... I suggest you threaten to reject it, and ask for a full refund....

I did threaten to reject the car.Skoda customer service told me i need to contact the dealer if I want to reject the car.

Edited by kopo

Well don't take any offense, i am just afraid that I will buy another oil thirsty Fabia like I have now (but after 10 happy years). I know that forums exaggerate problems, because satisfied customers usually don't write about it, but still from this and other VW forums it would seem, that failure rate in this twincharger engine is much higher than normal.

I can't praise skoda uk enough, the people I delt with we're very professional and helpful. Not quite the same story with the dealer ! I was given a replacement car authorised by skoda uk, they couldn't do enough for us, really pleased with the help I had from them.

In Greek VWclub forum, Polo Gti owners having oil consumption issues, now reporting that there is a new directive (not recall) that solves (?) the oil consumption problems.

They say that they have had the oil fumes valve and tubes replaced and a software update performed, because that valve used to stuck open, so a low percentage of over-boost pressure passed through that valve forcing oil to come up and be burned in the cylinders. (Sorry for the lousy translation but I am not a mechanic and my English are a bit rusty)

One of the guys there reports that he covered 2.400+ Km since that repair / replacement and has zero oil consumption.

Unfortunately there is now directive code uploaded (e.g 24W6 etc.)

In Greek VWclub forum, Polo Gti owners having oil consumption issues, now reporting that there is a new directive (not recall) that solves (?) the oil consumption problems.

They say that they have had the oil fumes valve and tubes replaced and a software update performed, because that valve used to stuck open, so a low percentage of over-boost pressure passed through that valve forcing oil to come up and be burned in the cylinders. (Sorry for the lousy translation but I am not a mechanic and my English are a bit rusty)

One of the guys there reports that he covered 2.400+ Km since that repair / replacement and has zero oil consumption.

Unfortunately there is now directive code uploaded (e.g 24W6 etc.)

This is effectively what I've done to mine. Maybe VW should pay me for the idea ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reply from skoda uk:

Whilst I recognise that you are of the opinion a new engine is needed to resolve the issue I can confirm ŠKODA UK are unable to authorise a new engine as a solution at this time. Nonetheless, please be assured that ŠKODA technicians at the highest level at our factory are working toward a technical and permanent resolution. Once again, please be assured that ŠKODA are conscious of the need for a speedy resolution; however it is imperative that this process is not rushed if an effective and permanent solution is to be provided

Rubbish.

Speak to Phil at Skoda UK Customer Care. He's sorting my case out and has been fantastic.

I managed to use 8 Litres between my service just under 10k miles and my current 15k mileage.

Local Skoda dealer has done an oil consumption test and agreed oil usage is too high. New piston rings have been ordered (as have other parts that might go in based on the initial inspection) and we will go from there.

If my oil usage doesn't go down after that work is done they will get 1 last repair chance and then the car will be rejected.

Rubbish.

Speak to Phil at Skoda UK Customer Care. He's sorting my case out and has been fantastic.

I managed to use 8 Litres between my service just under 10k miles and my current 15k mileage.

Local Skoda dealer has done an oil consumption test and agreed oil usage is too high. New piston rings have been ordered (as have other parts that might go in based on the initial inspection) and we will go from there.

If my oil usage doesn't go down after that work is done they will get 1 last repair chance and then the car will be rejected.

My car is going to have the modified oil breather system tomorrow.

My car is having this fitted on the 10th September, so post up what the outcome is as SUK have told me if it doesn't solve the issue, next step is a new engine.

Hope it works for you and me too...