New Range Rover revealed.

BossFox

420KG is an immense weight saving! Usually manufacturers talk about weight saving in terms of single or double digits.

Due to this I'm expecting the TDV8 to do 60mph in around 7 or so seconds and return over 40mpg.

It is almost for certain that the owner will want to do 0 - 60 in around 7 seconds,

even if it is a 40 mph limit, average speed camera area etc or even in a contraflow

& the car in front is observing the the speed limit,

maybe knows the road, or needs to keep their licence.

Most annoying, closest up my chuff & most dangerous tailgating i get right now is from drivers of TATA (JLR) Evoques.

george

Think I saw one yesterday although quite heavily mocked up as I went passed Gaydon.

There was a black one with silver/grey squiggly camoflage around Gaydon that I know of.

The shape of the car was very easy to see.

The writter of the Blog is just picking figures out of the air.

He says a recons a kerb weight around 2200kg & a possible reduction of around 500 kg.

a 2010 4.4 TDV8 has a JLR given Minimum kerb weight of 2580kg

& a Gross Weight of 3200KG

They are really fat lumps, which when on standard fitted tyres do not really suit poor traction conditions

& what is being shown is really just a Larger Ranger Rover Sport. (a Less high RR)

george

Have seen numerous lightly disguised ones on the M40 for about 6 months now. Some zebra black and white design and a bit of gaffa tape :)

It was almost as if they wanted people to see them! ;)

Not really my thing, but nice enough if that's the sort of motor you're after. As said, base car now done to 2.2 tons - still not exactly lightweight is it? :|

• Like 1

They are really fat lumps, which when on standard fitted tyres do not really suit poor traction conditions

& what is being shown is really just a Larger Ranger Rover Sport. (a Less high RR)

george

Do you have much experience of driving Range Rovers on stock tyres in poor traction conditions?

I do and believe it or not they are very capable. I took my 2008 TDV8 trialling with the Essex Land Rover club (mostly Defenders) and I went everywhere they did.

You are wrong on the other point too.

It's not a Larger Range Rover Sport. The RSS is based on a Discovery with a less practical bodyshell and a Range Rover badge and has been available since 2005.

This is the all new "full fat" Range Rover that has clear design cues from the 2001-2012 Range Rover.

The next generation Range Rover Sport will arrive later.

• Like 2

Yes i have that experience.

I drove guests vehicles almost daily on the shooting estate i worked on.

I owned and drove a 110 Defender with a 4.6 auto & now tow with a 5.2. auto.

Lived LR's since i was a child.

Fat Lumps, like i said. (* like me) Good for Tow Barges or luxury transport.

Hopeless off roaders really, other than to carry passengers in comfort.

Off Tar but stay on tracks and avoid side slopes & off camber unless on suitable tyres.

george

You are wrong on the other point too.

It's not a Larger Range Rover Sport. The RSS is based on a Discovery with a less practical bodyshell and a Range Rover badge and has been available since 2005.

This is the all new "full fat" Range Rover that has clear design cues from the 2001-2012 Range Rover.

The next generation Range Rover Sport will arrive later.

Im afraid thats not to be...the RSS and RR are now on the same platform!

Im afraid thats not to be...the RSS and RR are now on the same platform!

They are not.

The RRS is on the Disco platform. The next RRS will be on the new Range Rover platform, but it is still in development.

The full fat version of the Range Rover is being released first, before the new sport.

Have seen numerous lightly disguised ones on the M40 for about 6 months now. Some zebra black and white design and a bit of gaffa tape :)

It was almost as if they wanted people to see them! ;)

Not really my thing, but nice enough if that's the sort of motor you're after. As said, base car now done to 2.2 tons - still not exactly lightweight is it? :|

They've been all over the M54 too. Testing a new disco too as i have seen loads of them. They seemed to be doing speed testing the one morning when i was following 2 RR's on the way to work :giggle:

Ongoing testing of the Evoque too or there is a new engine out as they were ragging that round the 'Ring last month along with an awesome sounding XJR and the new V12 Vanquish ;)