D M Keith Wakefield just offered me 55% of the original price for my 14 month old VRS Diesel why would anyone buy a new Skoda

Curious.. What is your new car you have on order?? I dont think i have the patience to wait that long. Hence why i loose heaps of money come change time. I will always do this though as once i decide to change then there is no stopping me.

Made in Italy, time will reveal the rest

I to have had a shock today, to cut a long story short I had the chance to have a drive of a Subaru WRX STI saloon today the RRP was £26999, when I approached the dealer for a trade in price on my 11 plate Skoda vRS race blue estate, petrol and manual with 4,800 miles on the clock they have offered me £12000 I nearly fell to the floor.

Out of interest what would be a sensible price to ask for my car private, it has all the extras apart from the satnav option and sunroof.

Edited by skywalker

I would never by a Suburu new, mate had one of the first bug eyed STIs he paid 27,000 , a year later with 7000 miles he got £9000 for it :rofl:

The bugeye is not the best example as it was never very popular. Back in 1999/2000 second gave classic turbos was selling for more than new fue to demand. Also helped by European imports bring sold for a lot more than paid for.

Like Stuart said it is possible to pick the right car, but surely you pick one because you like it

How much did they offer you and how much did you pay for it ,did you have any extras fited.

Also bare in mind a brand new VRS diesel hatch is around £17k.

i bought a brand new octavia vrs tdi in 2010,i paid £17500 for it and sold it back to skoda for £17000 a year later,it needed taxing,its 1st service and two new tyres on the front,i regretted selling it back to them and now have another waiting to be deliverd

Its a shame their offer was so insulting. They could potentially lose you as a customer next time around & I doubt if publicity such as this does them any favours.

I purchased a used Skoda (1 year old Vrs PD diesel estate) when it was a year old in August 2009. I paid 12.5K at a dealer, 5000 miles on the clock. They offered me a pathetic PX price for my old Passat diesel, over £1000 less than webuyanycar. I whinged a bit & the dealer principle said they couldnt increase the PX but dropped the car price by £500. I sold it to WBAC (they paid what they said they would as I described it accurately, most ones they knock money off are over exagerated by sellers!!) & paid 12.5 for the car. Done 30000 miles now & I reckon its still worth approaching 10k. Cheap motoring in my case. I dont think I'd ever buy a new car again, unless special finance etc makes it cheaper than buying used.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for delay in replying, have been away.

My car is a grey Vrs Diesel estate, not high specced just reversing sensors and a spare wheel, it was registered very late May 2011, great condition with 18k miles, I was hoping for at least £14.5k which I thought was low but the dealer offered me £12.5k.

What was the most annoying was that he wouldn't discuss price in any way on the phone, instead he let me drive 25 minutes to then wait half an hour to offer me £12.5k for a car he admitted was as new. The online valuation wasn't from we buy anycar, it was from another one which actually agrees the price of the car and then comes out with the truck. They may still knock it down I guess but I would imagine its different than if you drive to them.

Anyway I may try it private or I may just keep it, thing is we just don't really need it for the next year.

Yep, there's your problem. Unfortunate and I can understand your position.

Register for Freedom on here, but a Classifieds advert up and see what happens. You don't know if you don't try :)

I went for a test drive at DMK recently following a "test drive an octy and get a voucher for a free MOT" letter.

Trade in price offered was shocking. But thanks for the free voucher - I'll keep my Octy for now ta.