skodalads VRS

skodalad

1 hour ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Do you own an electrical test light at all?  If you do quickly stick it over every fuse, usually the easiest thing to do.

You can check your getting power to the plug for the lift pump also :)

My mate has left his at mine actually so Ill have a mess with that and see how I get on, I have managed to find he fuel pump relay location and the recant fuse, So it gives me a good starting point tomorrow 

Good start then. I know very little about electrics but with a test light you can check a full fuse box in 30 seconds so easy to see any other blown fuses anyway.

also, you should hear the fuel pump prime and make a gushing noise when you switch the ignition on so that's a very easy first thing to check.

Boost pipes look really good :)

I think I would be doing the inlet manifold black to match though ;)

Ref the non starting,plug vcds in would be my next suggestion 

19 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

Good start then. I know very little about electrics but with a test light you can check a full fuse box in 30 seconds so easy to see any other blown fuses anyway.

also, you should hear the fuel pump prime and make a gushing noise when you switch the ignition on so that's a very easy first thing to check.

Im in the same boat when it comes to electrics mate, but after a few hours this morning I have discovered the pump is fine, the fuse is fine, the relay is fine. So tomorrow he's coming up again and were going to give the pump a constant power to bleed the system through and hopefully she's will start!

9 hours ago, Lofty said:

Teething trouble Jack, you'll soon have it sorted 

This is true mate! Hopefully :D

7 hours ago, coskev said:

Boost pipes look really good :)

I think I would be doing the inlet manifold black to match though ;)

Ref the non starting,plug vcds in would be my next suggestion 

Cheers mate, I did have a think about it, But originally the boost pipes were black all the way unto the manifold then the inter would normally be silver. Plus its too nice to paint haha

VCDS Has been plugged in, the only fault I that came up was the MAP sensor. Which turned out to be faulty, so I need to buy a new 4bar one (put a standard one in for now) but apart from that not a single fault :D

21 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

You can prime the fuel system with VCDS I'm sure :)

Oh and make sure it's got plenty of diesel in as well :D

We primed the system with a power probe this morning and it fired straight up! It had half a tank haha

Hust got to get my downpipe modified now and the exhaust can go on, then I can get an MOT on it! 

21 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Did you fill up the fuel filter before trying to start it?

I did fill the filter up first mate :)

God I cant wait to drive this thing now! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skodalad said:

So, my car is finished! I would like to thank anyone on here who has helped with any of the problems and the kinds words you guys always seam to find! 

Now now come on Jack... we all know the truth...

they're never finished.... :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adam_ said:

We need a walk around video and summary of mods. Please.

I'll be at plenty of shows, would be nice to put a face to the names

13 hours ago, Lofty said:

Now now come on Jack... we all know the truth...

they're never finished.... :D

Haha this is very true, nothing major hopefully now! Just improvements, LSD maybe Ha here we go again 

On 16/04/2017 at 20:16, skodalad said:

So, my car is finished!

Thats it, close the thread. :D

Looking awesome mate can't wait to have a look around at a show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobLarby said:

Can't wait for early edition now :P

25 minutes ago, pip_vrs said:

Thats it, close the thread. :D

Looking awesome mate can't wait to have a look around at a show. 

haha delete it now mods so I can buy another and do it again :D

Rob and pip, Got an invitation into the private carpeted hangar at early edition this year so you will see it there if you're going!!

17 minutes ago, RobLarby said:

See you there :thumbup: I'll be outside show and shine in my scrapper :sweat:

You will do man! haha hardly a scrapper. Ill give you scrap price though if you're looking to get rid :D

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 1

Few more small jobs before it comes on the road, the MAF had previously been mapped out, so I bought a MAF boss from darkside and a new OEM sensor, these have both been dropped off at my welders and I would have them back soon

MAF_Sensor_Boss_2__67638.1453973749.800.

s-l1600_1.jpg

Then is the wonderful task of bleeding it up, which due to the fact it dosen't have a expansion tank is a pain in the ****

Just had new from my welder that he's finished up my inlet, So ill collect that tonight and my friend is also welding the new exhaust flange on properly to suit my turbo! So I can get the exhaust on tonight too once I have got the heat wrap secured

• Like 2

The MAF sensor was mapped out by a previous owner so I have put it back in to make the car easier to tune and hopefully get a cleaner map

The welding on the TIP

D3A8B98D-1C3C-4ABD-B7E0-80D5A2B38A10.jpg

It needed building up too so the sensor would sit more central

Also got my downpipe welded up with the new flange, This is only temporary until I can get a custom one made

4A3326EB-86EF-4A7F-897F-EA43BE910A99.jpg

• Like 4