skodalads VRS

skodalad

I the responder for the key not in the barrel surround? Not sure it that just reads it and tells the clocks or if it needs to be 'paired' kinda thing.

I just sacked mine off :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pip_vrs said:

I the responder for the key not in the barrel surround? Not sure it that just reads it and tells the clocks or if it needs to be 'paired' kinda thing.

It might be, but if that' the case Mine is gong to have to go as it got scrapped with the car haha

18 minutes ago, pip_vrs said:

Also what is involved in the sacking off process?? ha

On 3/23/2017 at 14:04, pip_vrs said:

Got a few parcels delivered today

New break fluid

s-l1600.jpg

New inlet pipe as I have redesigned so it dosen't come over the top like a normal pd130

Straight_51mm__91623.1398787508.800.600.

Also A new K&N filter with a 57mm port

RD-0620.jpg

Then a 180 degree silicone hose to the turbo, so the inlet will run across the back of the engine

hsoe.png

Edited by skodalad

11 hours ago, Lofty said:

Be interesting to see where the inlet pipe runs, are you hoping to hide it all together? 

Straight across the back of the engine, the only thing you should be able to see is the air filter poking out near the heater hoses

9 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Are you going to wrap or insulate the inlet pipe against the heat down there?

Im looking into some form of gold heat reflective barrier round my new alloy TIP, every little helps and all that 

I was thinking about it yes, But unsure of what to use? any suggestions?

Maybe some exhaust manifold wrap??

Edited by skodalad

1 minute ago, Lofty said:

Exhaust heat wrap keeps heat in, you want something to protect against radiant heat from the manifold, heat reflective as it were

Okay that makes sense, I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to this subject. I dont fancy having the gold reflective tape as, as silly as it sound it wont look rite in my bay, is there any alternatives??

I follow this guy on Instagram called Dan Clayton, Who has built a turbo k20 in a 106, Amazing piece of kit, fully sequential box the lot.

His heat shielsd are more like the style I would like to run, I have asked the question what they are and will report back

F119C400-4AFC-4294-A2CD-B41CC59255BE.png

There's a fair bit of stuff out there when you start looking into it, thermotec make a lot of it. You can buy a heat resistant silver cloth like sleeve which you could slip over the alloy tubing, wouldn't look out of the way I guess?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lofty said:

There's a fair bit of stuff out there when you start looking into it, thermotec make a lot of it. You can buy a heat resistant silver cloth like sleeve which you could slip over the alloy tubing, wouldn't look out of the way I guess?

The sleeving sounds good, this is what I have found about the heatshield above

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#tbm=shop&q=ZircoFlex&*&spd=0

Edited by skodalad

Okay, quite an interesting day.

This is the problem I have been trying to deal with

DC9CA149-A83C-4825-AEC7-3B844344542A.jpg

The outlet on the turbo is hitting the drive shaft, This woulden't be a problem for anyone else, But because I run airide Its a big problem.

I contacted a guy from tune automotive about getting the housing modified to clean the drive shaft, which I later decided against.

So, after a bit of thought and the previous issues I have had with the turbo I have decided to buy a new one from XMAN.

This way I can run my log manifold, The actuator is brand new and not welded in place, The outlet will be normal and out of the way from the drive shaft and it comes with 12 months warranty.

Should be with me next week so I'm looking forward to getting it now

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 1

Just now, Lofty said:

Pain in the bum but at least you can use the car once the turbo is changed!

It is mate, I'm into uncharted territory because Of the whole airride situation.

Cant wait to get it back now. 

Easy as that, turbo will be here tomorrow. Brand new gtb2260vk, new downpipe flange, new gasket.

Anyone who has used XMAN turbos will know how good he is! If youre thinking of getting a turbo from him, I wouldn't hesitate, prices are spot on and customer service is second to none.

17571877_774306616060070_1321727213_o.jp

O, aswell, My car should be finished this weekend :D

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 1