skodalads VRS

skodalad

That's cool :) gloss black is always a winner. I'd really like to get mine sprayed this year

get a set of black majic handles from a mk4 golf or bora m8 ;).. when my car was black thats what i did.. they were only £15 delivered iirc for all 4 + they fit straight on.. money saving tip there lol :D 

• Like 1

fitted some smaller tyres the other day, just needs to be lower on the back now and come camber and it will be pretty close to how i want it then!

DSC06976.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how much of the sill has been replaced

DSC06876-1.jpg

How you getting the back lower man?. . Mine really ****es me off coz id LIKE it to sit a little better to tuck onto the lip. .but the one known way of getting it lower is quite pricy :(

Nah man, its not pricey. The rear cup where the bag sits in? cut the bottom off, and weld the amount you want to go lower in, lets say a 1inch band, lowering the bottoming out point of the bag. what you will find is how the bag is mounted anyways, there is a lip on the inside, cut that off and it will be lower straight away, i am thinking about raising my engine aswell lol hope that helps man

Nah man, its not pricey. The rear cup where the bag sits in? cut the bottom off, and weld the amount you want to go lower in, lets say a 1inch band, lowering the bottoming out point of the bag. what you will find is how the bag is mounted anyways, there is a lip on the inside, cut that off and it will be lower straight away, i am thinking about raising my engine aswell lol hope that helps man

The cups been cut out of mine already mate. . N still not low enough. . Dont get me wrong it goes low. . But not low enough for me. . Haha if you get what I mean. .

Whos doing the work of making the band and moving it down for you? :)

I know exactly what u mean mate, mine was the same, i was chuffed with the front, but gutted about the back hah My mate is a mechanic and he's handy with a welder, thats all it takes mate, anyone that can weld and has a bit of common sense will be able to do it no problem! 

Some of you may have noticed the slight rippling in the bumper at UD, this was due to when the car was baked the plastic welded section heated up and distorted slightly, so today i went back tot the body shop made a brew and he cracked and and got it into primer pretty quickly. 

Sanded down and the first skim of stopper

image-2copy.jpeg

Under the lamps

image-2-2.jpeg

And in primer, looks miles better already, hope it turns out well!

image-4-2.jpeg

And I have some bad news, I have had to order one of these hideous things. It will be in silver so hopefully it won't be too bad....

skoda_fabia.jpg

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 2

I suppose your more fussy about your own car, I need it to be perfect. Simple as. I think it's because the plastic welded section was made from a few bits instead of a solid piece, rookie mistake but it's been sorted now lol

Bought a few more things for the fabia tonight ...

Some white led light for the footwell and a steam cleaner for the leather!

ScreenShot2014-04-05at233547.png

And some chrome strips for the bottom of the windows, stainless steel, hopefully they will looks good, on the blue demo car they looked ****, but on a silver with things that are already chrome, hopefully the will suit it, we shall soon see

ScreenShot2014-04-05at233345.png

Try something different, never seen them done before so...

• 3 weeks later...

A few pictures from the steam cleaning session, couldn't believe how dirty they were!

DSC06977.jpg

DSC06978.jpg

DSC06979.jpg

DSC06980.jpg

DSC06981.jpg

Chuffed with the outcome really, still more to do but its a good start!

A few from early edition, where i managed to pic up a trophy! Really happy!

DSC06982.jpg

DSC06986.jpg

DSC06987.jpg

ScreenShot2014-04-22at172712.png

I will try and get a few photos from else car up as well!

• Like 2