Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

I'll have to see if there is anyone local who can sort me out fitting etc I can think of one place though.

My only worry is that I very rarely thrash it out of corners or anything, the occasionally plant of the foot around a roundabout late at night is all it gets. I'm too worried about breaking something.

New to the forum and spent just over an hour going through this whole project haha. Nice work mate, one of the best Fabia's I've seen!

Keep it up :)

Thank you for you're kind comment.

Welcome to the forum! Do you own a mk1 Fabia? :)

Couple weeks ago I fitted the Draft 42 shifter bushes, make a bloody good difference even though they are a little dear at nearly £40!

1E736EC0-683C-4D2A-8E07-F0D7EA7301A5_zps

CD4FCB79-A920-441C-8573-8F2434C6ADCC_zps

Also made an offer on a THS intercooler on eBay which I didn't expect them to accept but they did so I guess I was committed at that point!

745DDF0B-4454-4D09-A8DE-D4177A65F66E_zps

Fitted that last Thursday. Also painted the crash bar whilst the bumper was off.

Compared to the standard Seat Sport cooler.

D8341298-C0C6-4D6C-BE83-F12B7AF7E805_zps

Another update tomorrow, well a couple with a bit of luck!

The THS coolers are a great bit of kit, it was pretty much the only thing that survived on the front end of my last vRS after the crash, will be using it again when I get round to fitting all my big turbo stuff.

Edit: don't suppose you have the standard bushes for the selector linkage still for some measurements?

Edited by Southy

Looking good dan! I like the shiney cooler :p

Thanks mate only made a slight difference though :) still noticeable enough.

I've got one of those coolers at work, mainly for the same reason as you. :D

They do look like a good bit of kit!

I was pleased with it, shame it's not all polish though but I guess the salt would make the polished areas look pitted then. I've coated it in carbon collective anyway :)

The THS coolers are a great bit of kit, it was pretty much the only thing that survived on the front end of my last vRS after the crash, will be using it again when I get round to fitting all my big turbo stuff.

Edit: don't suppose you have the standard bushes for the selector linkage still for some measurements?

I did want an Airtec one just for the logo! But didn't fancy paying nearly twice the price just for that.

I sure do have them want me to post them to you?

• Like 1

If you don't mind pal that would be fantastic. PM me your details and I will send you some money over to cover the cost of the postage and a little extra as a thanks.

Adam

If you don't mind pal that would be fantastic. PM me your details and I will send you some money over to cover the cost of the postage and a little extra as a thanks.

Adam

Don't worry about it, that's what forums are for. Send me you're address I'll get them posted out next week as they're at my Dads house at the moment :)

Cleaned the intercooler!

20EAFB9A-606D-499A-BAFE-584D81323866_zps

260CFBC5-67AE-4F66-803C-58EDB7FA3E22_zps

Looks new again, would like to upgrade it to an Airtec cooler soon :)

DA5F7C97-CFB7-45BC-9360-178EFBB8C48F_zps

All smoke no poke...

New turbo will be ordered this week, gtb1756vk. Also need a down pipe from somewhere! Hoping a second hand one will come up as it's going to be modified anyway :)

What did you use to tint the clear part of your rear lights Dan? Prefer this to tinting the full light :)

Cheers! Seen a few people with a spray paint for it but wasn't a fan of that idea.. Just picked up an SE on Saturday so fly eyes it is!

Doesn't look the best up close....but easy to apply, easy to remove and does the job.

• Like 1

Do they just strip the paint the powder. Or do they repair curb damage and fill if needed?

Tbh mate I've had like 5 sets of wheels powder coated and some have been badly curbed. The powder is a thick coat and fills the curbing anyway! :)

They acid dip, blast then powder coat the wheels for £80 bargain.