Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Next update! Rather an impulse buy to be honest as it's only a small issue that bothered me since having the 17" wheels fitted.....brakes!

These came up for a decent price locally and since my mate was having a few other bits off him I managed to knock a bit more off.

4E31D9A5-D6BF-4325-8BA8-419A1FEA8B28_zps

Thanks to Coskev for fitting as they confused me having never held any sort of caliper like this before. While fitting the brake fluid was also changed and this was used

17ACF26B-4F53-46AC-948B-A31474DD20FF_zps

Lovely colour stuff!

Brakes feel great! Already watching a set of DS2500 pads on eBay and some decent discs but they can wait for now. I want to paint them ASAP as soon as I get some time to spend on them cleaning them up etc.

Would have been a better idea to rebuild them but busy this week and next and combe is next weekend!

• Like 3

You and Kev like taking sneaky pics of me don't you!!! ;)

I'm afraid both your masking AND the quality of the tape were sh*te!!! :D

Car looks awesome mate!

Maybe we should convince Kev to get snapchat? Haha that would be even funnier!

My masking was terrible! I'll stick to my day job ;)

All thanks to you! Done an amazing job of polish on both mine and Kevs!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the oil and filter on Friday afternoon, easily done and gives me great satisfaction. Looking to change the gearbox oil soon aswell just for peace of mind and I'm not sure if it has ever been done.

Thanks to Karl (Korban) for a couple of bits I picked up off him at Combe, the rubber boot mat being one of them

DE5C7F2C-65EA-47B1-A055-C2E95CEB9B82_zps

Looks much better being genuine skoda and easier to keep clean!

Also polished the slam panel using SRP today had tried all sort of trim restorers on it but nothing was working so 15 minutes and some SRP later I was left with this

D81B4B86-C779-4326-BC57-FDD43D64D783_zps

Looks much better.

Next on the agenda will be some decent from discs and pads as the front brakes unfortunately let me down at Combe in guessing that they are cheap quality discs or something.

• Like 1

Thanks lads.

Today I changed the 90 degree boost pipe off the turbo as it had been catching the drive shaft, it had probably rubbed 95% of the way through the hose and there was a squeal!

Changed it and took it for a run, the squeal has gone and the car was pulling harder so I'm guessing it was leaking through the thin layer of hose that was there!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Where did you get the Gtb bud and cost off it either that or hybrid 150 for me I'm at 203bhp ATM with a pd150 air tea etc but want a good solid 240 250bhp

Got it off this forum mate, you might want to think about going for an Xman 2260 turbo and then you can get some injectors and run anything up to 280bhp. You'll need a 4bar map sensor though.

Injectors are expansive so you'll need deep pockets. I think mines about 240bhp and even that's a handful in damp weather I really need an LSD!

I can highly recommend a GTB turbo over a hybrid turbo though! :)

• Like 1

..... I think mines about 240bhp and even that's a handful in damp weather I really need an LSD!

I can highly recommend a GTB turbo over a hybrid turbo though! :)

:rofl:

I remember our conversation when I was buying your turbo about an LSD :p

:rofl:

I remember our conversation when I was buying your turbo about an LSD :p

I think it would help in the current weather! No grip at all but saying that I'm using Paradas which are known for being useless in the wet. The other day I managed to get the car to spin up in 4th and that was on a damp road!

I think it would help in the current weather! No grip at all but saying that I'm using Paradas which are known for being useless in the wet. The other day I managed to get the car to spin up in 4th and that was on a damp road!

This is one of the things that worries me about fitting my 2260 in tbe coming weeks instead of the summer as I planned, trying to get use to the new found power with the lack of grip, then again I will be running an LSD so dunno how much improvement on grip in the wet/snow will be over standard

Edited by Southy

This is one of the things that worries me about fitting my 2260 in tbe coming weeks instead of the summer as I planned, trying to get use to the new found power with the lack of grip, then again I will be running an LSD so dunno how much improvement on grip in the wet/snow will be over standard

I haven't even thought about the snow yet!! I really regret not going 2260 now to be honest!

I'm on about buying snow tyres once again, found the same as I had the other year on special for £45 quid instead of £70+

Seemed to work great when I went up Scotland last year, apart from hitting a pot hole in Glasgow and ripping the sidewall out one of them.

Suppose its easy enough for you to change over to the 2260 later on down the line? Everything is the same fitment just a different turbo is all.

The LSD will make a world of difference :)

You can of course still spin up both wheels if you drive like a tool due to the torque, but atleast with the LSD you can still make use of the power in any road conditions.

Combined with winter tyres mine gets going very well :)

• Like 1

You had your refund from the first 2260 yet?

Not yet mate.

I'm on about buying snow tyres once again, found the same as I had the other year on special for £45 quid instead of £70+

Seemed to work great when I went up Scotland last year, apart from hitting a pot hole in Glasgow and ripping the sidewall out one of them.

Suppose its easy enough for you to change over to the 2260 later on down the line? Everything is the same fitment just a different turbo is all.

Is that 16" or 17" tyres? Bargain those! A wheel change could be on the cards for me :)

Just the effort of changing the turbo and everything else mate and the initial outlay of paying for it. Setting it up and then mapping etc then need to factor the injectors after all of that. It does go well but sometimes I wish I had a little bit more ;)

That's for 17's fella, they are Nexan Winguard Sport's on Tyreleader.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's a lot of work and money to go and do it all over again, I'm sure you will be more than happy with the power output from your setup though and won't notice much of a difference.

Not yet mate.

Considering they are a reasonable sized outfit I find that somewhat disappointing.

To be honest, without a diff I doubt you need much more.

Joels car at Combe was running without a diff and I caught up with it fairly quickly.

With one it'd be a completely different story.

Yes, you'd get a benefit from having one, but more power without one doesn't seem that worthwhile IMO.

• Like 2

I'm assured I'll have it back soon :) be handy at the moment as the discs and pads on the Brembos could do with being changed and also need a pair of tyres!

How much is fitting roughly for a diff Richard? I think a diff is the next step to be honest!

I'm having my rattly exhaust sorted on Thursday finally! It's never been right since the day the done my back box.....just a bit ****ed off that it looks as though they are going to charge me to sort it out.

• Like 2

I think I paid about £590 odd to get my diff fitted. It was at AMD so probably a bit of a premium price. It did include new bearings and the oil etc. the benefit is that I could just drop the car off with them, rather than having to take the gearbox to them

• Like 1

How much is fitting roughly for a diff Richard? I think a diff is the next step to be honest!

As Charlie said, you are probably looking at around £400-£500 plus the bearings etc...

By the time you buy the diff (Wavetrac is more money but better) you aren't going to get much change out of £1,500 I suspect.

It's a big purchase, but one that makes the power much more usable.

• Like 1