Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Lots of BMW's have battery's in the boot, so you can get everything you need off one down the scrappy ;)

Including quite a nice little junction box for under the bonnet :)

Lots of BMW's have battery's in the boot, so you can get everything you need off one down the scrappy ;)

Including quite a nice little junction box for under the bonnet :)

What a better person to ask than BM Wizard on Thursday?!

• 2 weeks later...

Done about 1500 miles with the new turbo and Johns (Fabooka) mapping now, and I'm over the moon with it. Getting about 6mpg more now with this turbo kit and the rear of the car is completely soot free, makes cleaning the car much easier!

I'm just wondering what the 2260 would have been like! ;)

• Like 3

What diameter was your old system. And was it a full straight through. Decat and de-back box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5" it was decat into a back box :)

Just ordered a piper down pipe, few more little bit and bobs and will be ready to book a date with coskev to fit the GTB1756! Hope it's worth waiting for! Been a long 3 months since the 2260 didn't work out.

Having just done a deal to get a GTB1756, i now need to look at the bits i'm going to need. Did you get your downpipe direct from piper or somewhere else??

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost??

Cheers. :thumbup:

Having just done a deal to get a GTB1756, i now need to look at the bits i'm going to need. Did you get your downpipe direct from piper or somewhere else??

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost??

Cheers. :thumbup:

Motorsport world mate. They all come made to order from piper anyway. I would order it sooner rather than later as mine took 9 or 10 days! I called piper to ask and they didn't know what to say on the phone it was said it would be with me within 3 days anyway less than 24 hours after the phone call it was with me.

It was about £185 with delivery I think mate.

• Like 1

Cheers Dan. :thumbup:

Not in a massive rush as i need to get the fmic fitted, sort out any pipework, collect the turbo and exhaust and sort out a new clutch and flywheel, which the clutch alone is going to take ages on my salary, then save up again to get it fitted before then saving again to get it mapped in properly. Might be ready by 2020!! :D

Cheers Dan. :thumbup:

Not in a massive rush as i need to get the fmic fitted, sort out any pipework, collect the turbo and exhaust and sort out a new clutch and flywheel, which the clutch alone is going to take ages on my salary, then save up again to get it fitted before then saving again to get it mapped in properly. Might be ready by 2020!! :D

I can relate to all of that. Just don't do what I did and waste a **** load more money on going further to upgrade.

I'm more than happy I have with the 1756 though you will love it!

• Like 1

I can relate to all of that. Just don't do what I did and waste a **** load more money on going further to upgrade.

I'm more than happy I have with the 1756 though you will love it!

I've fallen lucky with the 1756. I originally bought a hybrid PD150 off BossFox while i was holiday, so i was going to collect as soon as i could but then he offered me the 1756 for a little more. Not being up with my turbos, i scouted around on here and then snapped Richard's arm off. :D

I've had my intercooler, exhaust and now turbo from BossFox, so maybe he'll produce a clutch/flywheel for me as well. :D

• Like 1

I've fallen lucky with the 1756. I originally bought a hybrid PD150 off BossFox while i was holiday, so i was going to collect as soon as i could but then he offered me the 1756 for a little more. Not being up with my turbos, i scouted around on here and then snapped Richard's arm off. :D

I've had my intercooler, exhaust and now turbo from BossFox, so maybe he'll produce a clutch/flywheel for me as well. :D

That's lucky! If he offers you a cheap LSD then you know where to find me.

Are you going on track at Combe again in a couple of weeks? :)

• Like 1

I'll give you a shout, after i've bought it. ;):D

Nope, won't be going to Combe at all this time, though i'm tempted every time i see it bumped up. :D

Haha :P

You should come to combe! Might have a track space cheap up for grabs ;) not sure if I'm going to go on yet!

I suppose I should update this again!

Alex popped round again last week! He insisted to blast over the car with the DA polisher again with finishing polish and pads in time for me to fit apply the oracle!

Anyway we quickly discovered that I am absolutely useless with masking tape! I blamed the crap quality expensive eBay tape though ;)

Here's an action shot.

5EB4C182-10A1-4D31-AC14-5BADAADE22B8_zps

Wearing the tea cosy on his head so that it didn't burn it's worth adding ;)

This is a small selection of what I used on the car....

AA127F3B-C17F-4C58-851F-B1944C72AB59_zps

The car was snowfoamed using the gloria foam sprayer, very impressed and handy for cleaning the hard to reach areas aswell as the wheels!

It was then rinsed, washed using the 2 buckets method, rinsed, washed again. The I sprayed tardis on the lower and rear of the car followed by a wipe over with a MF cloth. It was then washed and rinsed again, clayed using a clay mitt and a final wash and rinse before a quick dry down and left to dry in the barn overnight.

The car took around 3-4 hours to do with the finishing pads and polish.

I then went over the polished areas with a 50:50 mix of IPA and water and the oracle was applied. Effortless to apply, left on the paint for a few mins and then simply just wipe off with ease. I went over the whole car twice. It can be used everywhere, it made the splitter, wing mirror bases and other plastics look brand new again. Highly rated from me and the beading and sheeting is simply amazing! I have since given the car a quick wash since and the shampoo off the wash mitt simply beads / sheets off the car almost instantly!

Iphone camera is rubbish so no pics of the beading but I have uploaded a video on IG for my followers.

• Like 2