South Wales run

tanky95

Nothing is happening in Wales with skoda at all

I live in aberdare about 20 miles from Cardiff and I know a lovely run through breacon past the waterfalls through villages and just lush mountain roads

For anyone who knows breacon it's awesome I spend all my fuel up there and I never get bored

Don't need anything fast just need a skoda

I was thinking we meet at the ty newydd country club and hotel and just drive and drive

Breacon is a great place to get to know your car and just give it a thrashing on some lovely roads some long straights for some speed and tights and technical roads through the mountains

Let's get something happening in this country and use the roads we have

Be great to have some replies this been meaning to do something in ages

I've seen plenty of skodas around so I know your out there :)

I've been talking to members who went on the last one and I'm thinking of doing quite a long one this time. Still working on the route but hoping it will be more than 150 miles from wherever we start. Doubt it will be this year as most people have used up their holidays, money is getting tight coming up to Christmas and the weather will start getting worse.

The last one we did we split the cars into two groups. The cars wanting to make really Brisk progress went at the front and stuff like the Octavias who aren't as nimble on twisty roads went behind. Worked really well last time and the Black Mountain was fantastic. Wales has loads more roads to choose from but there's loads of time to plan this all out

Yeah next year would be best

I had a think and if we start at Cardiff then we could make our way up to Bridgend and go up over andy Capp and over treherbet mountain about 500 yards past that is penderyn turn off before breacon to pass breacon waterfalls and into a pub or something for food

Carry on up through breacon past senni bridge and on from there...

Just a thought

Be awesome to have few more people on this

Yeah next year would be best

I had a think and if we start at Cardiff then we could make our way up to Bridgend and go up over andy Capp and over treherbet mountain about 500 yards past that is penderyn turn off before breacon to pass breacon waterfalls and into a pub or something for food

Carry on up through breacon past senni bridge and on from there...

Just a thought

Be awesome to have few more people on this

Been to and have had some nice whisky from the Penderyn distillery.

The start point we are thinking is Sarn services then as you say up to Treherbert to Penderyn, Brecon, etc hopefully doing Abergwesyn, Llyn Brianne then back down to the A4069. Route isn't finalised yet but it's looking great so far. Don't get your hopes up yet since it's a long way off.

Martyn,

be careful about using Abergwesyn and that area as there have been PR problems caused by the numbers of un-recognised un-registerd Clubs and Groups using it, following a couple of accidents.

Had a feeling you'd post after I'd mentioned it and since I've never driven it, only been recommended it I did most of the route today and have just come back to see what it was really like.

It is narrow and single track for a lot of it and also bumpy in parts too. As long as you use your head it's fine. The two uphill hairpins are a challenge. Wouldn't like to take a slow car up there as if I remember correctly it's a 25% gradient in parts. It's not a fast stretch of road anyway and most of the time was in 2nd or 3rd gear when cornering. The bit that runs along Llyn Brianne is smooth, recenty resurfaced and the views are great.

Got any links to these accidents? I can see why they've happened but it's still a road. Being part of a group shouldn't matter since it's a road anyone can use. No different to our last South Wales run it just it didn't go up there that's all.

Going for a long drive with a few if my mates Saturday be good to find some new roads

You could come up to Elan Valley on Saturday and join the Mid Wales meet.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/248011-mid-wales-meet-saturday-22nd-september-elan-valley/