Alcantara & red stitching option on vRS - opinions?

Hi, what do people think of these new Alcantara seats with the red stitching (which seems to extend to the steering wheel, armrest, gaiter, even door inserts)?

I personally think it looks great, and would really set off say an Anthracite (or Red?!) vRS.

If they'd have had this option available when I spec'd mine with leather, I'd certainly have gone for it - adds just that bit extra sportiness to the otherwise sedate interior.

7983643597_172fc58f80_b.jpg7983643523_31ba433630_b.jpg7983643459_c11f27d136_b.jpg

• Like 2

Love them, I have them in mine, white car, black interior with a touch of red and red calipers and black wheels, awesome, works very well!

Although, my only comment would be as it was released at the same time as the rally green colour why did they not do green stiching and green brake calipers, would of all flowed really well with green being a Skoda colour, red just seemed an odd choice??

I ordered a white one yesterday with these seats.... Worried about the white... I was torn between white and silver

Don't worry about the white,

I have had a white one for 2 years now, Lovely color and easy to keep once protected.

As for those seats..!!

They are nice but I think the red stitch carried on to everything else in the car is overkill.

I ordered a new red one recently and had the option of these seats which I was going to go with until I saw them in the flesh..

Just waaaayy too much red going on everywhere with the red on the outside.. Stuck with the full black leather interior instead.

otherwise the interior is a bit gloomy for me.

Exactly - a little bit of colour goes a long way - the interior is pretty much all black with the leather option, save for the silver inserts (and now I see you can even get these in carbon-fibre effect!)

as it was released at the same time as the rally green colour why did they not do green stiching and green brake calipers, would of all flowed really well with green being a Skoda colour, red just seemed an odd choice??

Choice would always be nice, but guess with more choice comes more cost, and this is Skoda - That would be an awful lot of green too ;)

They are nice but I think the red stitch carried on to everything else in the car is overkill.

I ordered a new red one recently and had the option of these seats which I was going to go with until I saw them in the flesh..

Just waaaayy too much red going on everywhere with the red on the outside.. Stuck with the full black leather interior instead.

Yeah, I must say I was surprised to see the red stitching everywhere - I haven't seen in the flesh yet myself - was just these pics and having had a Superb with the leather/alcantara option (also electric & so comfy - must be getting old) as a courtesy car for a few days last week that got me thinking...

Hi, what do people think of these new Alcantara seats with the red stitching (which seems to extend to the steering wheel, armrest, gaiter, even door inserts)?

I personally think it looks great, and would really set off say an Anthracite (or Red?!) vRS.

If they'd have had this option available when I spec'd mine with leather, I'd certainly have gone for it - adds just that bit extra sportiness to the otherwise sedate interior.

7983643597_172fc58f80_b.jpg7983643523_31ba433630_b.jpg7983643459_c11f27d136_b.jpg

B E A U T I F U L ! ! !

Love it!

Would look great in the Fabia... :think:

Wasn't too keen on this when I first saw one (ditto vectra1 - too much red) but having seen a couple now it has grown on me.

Would be good too see a variety of colours on the stitching though (or even some piping)!

• Like 1

I've ordered the black alcantara for my new vRS (another candy white manual tsi wagon).

I've also got a MF wheel here ready to go on too - not from the dealer (you can't order any manual vrs in the uk with a MF wheel irrespective of the interior colour i believe) but from skodatieile. I posted the details on here somewhere - i can did that out again if you're interested yellvrs?

still detest that god awful facelift steering wheel though

This is my first Skoda, so don't know any different - what's wrong with the FL steering wheel compared to the previous one (apart from it smiling at you all the time!)?

• 2 months later...

Will this interior look good in a blue car though? Got the option of one of the few remaining new cars and it has the spec I want but with black seats and red stitching. Not sure it will look good against the blue?

Ordered this on my Red Vrs but had to change to full leather (with Bum warmers!) as you can not have the multifunction steering wheel with this option.

So theres no multifunction steering wheel with this trim option, even on a DSG???

Got them on mine, of the 3 options grey, leather and these they are definitely my favourite.

Everybody who's been in it says that the seats are classy.

Will this interior look good in a blue car though? Got the option of one of the few remaining new cars and it has the spec I want but with black seats and red stitching. Not sure it will look good against the blue?

Same as mine, I find it works well. Go for it if the other options are fine for you.

• Like 1