Cleaning products for a novice

themul

Hi,

I would like to get some cleaning products for my new vrs that has been ordered and would like some suggestions for some products to clean the inside and outside of the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps Not to expensive please.

good brands include turtle wax, mcguires. i don't buy much of them tbh but i definately reccommend a spray to bring out a wet look for your tyres!! dirty tyres always let down a clean car! and a good karcher power washer too

Alloy Wheel Sealant is a must on brand new wheels - much better to apply before the rot sets in. Reduces the chance of corrosion as it forms a protective barrier - it also makes them much easier to clean too. Poorboys Wheel Sealant sold online gets good reviews.

Alloy Wheel Sealant is a must on brand new wheels - much better to apply before the rot sets in. Reduces the chance of corrosion as it forms a protective barrier - it also makes them much easier to clean too. Poorboys Wheel Sealant sold online gets good reviews.

Isnt very durable though

Autoglym.

Widely available, not too expensive and good quality.

Yup same here, I am an Autoglym user - have been for years, super resin polish is lovely to use, weekly shampooing, cloths etc. There are plenty of other products though.

My tip is to buy in halfords when they have a 3 for 2 on cleaning products and buy large amounts. ie 6 items.

• Like 1

Good value in the maxolem range, the wheel cleaner is a bit harsh though, the wash and wax is good and doesn't need much, blue star for plastics and vinyl, and the tar remover uses orange peel so smells great compared to traditional tar removers

@ OP

What colour?

If you want to keep it simple just get a Bilthamber clay bar.

And a bottle of Collinits 845

Wash mitt and some decent shampoo.

I like Chemical guys Maxi Sudz 2

Wash > Clay > Wash > Very light coat of 845 > Buff . 2nd light coat of 845 > Buff

Finished and protected for several months.

Clean the windows and dress the tyres.

For the inside I only ever hoover it and give the panels a wipe of a weak solution of APC and warm water.

Occasionaly I will wipe them with some diluted Pearl

Buy cheap, buy twice. Spend some cash and reap the benefits. Have a look at Gtechniq stuff. Things like the wheel sealant seem pricey but one application will last 2 years+.

Hi

I have this product already saved from another post on briskoda and it does look good but I just wondered if there were other products out there just as good, I know you only get what you pay for.

Edited by themul

@ OP

What colour?

Wash > Clay > Wash > Very light coat of 845 > Buff . 2nd light coat of 845 > Buff

For the inside I only ever hoover it and give the panels a wipe of a weak solution of APC and warm water.

I have ordered a silver vrs, so this will hide a fair bit of dust but I still want to keep it in good order though.

@ OP

What colour?

Thanks for the advise and instructions.

For silver you would be better with an sealant rather than a wax. Auto Finesse Tough Coat would fit the bill.

A bottle will cost you £20 ish but a little really does go a long way.

It's a doddle to apply too. Just mist on (its water like in consistency) and buff off.

I use car-lack 68... It puts a glass like finish on the paintwork, which looks great and really brings out the metallic fleck. It protects for quite a while too 6m+.

This one is specifically for new metallic paint and the polish that comes with it trumps autoglym too having used both.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/carlack-sealant-kit/prod_358.html

• Like 1

I have ordered a silver vrs, so this will hide a fair bit of dust but I still want to keep it in good order though.

Thanks for the advise and instructions.

Ah, As suggested, Sealants are better on Light colors.

I use Chemical Guys Blitz on my white vRS

Super shine.. Super clean finish.. Durability is low though so needs doing regular.

Carlack system suggested, I have also used that and it is a good product,

Siler use auto glum stp or classe all in one followed by a couple of layers of collegiate 476s hard wax.

It looks good and lasts ages. :)

LOL

I think you need to buy a new keyboard :rofl:

I use car-lack 68... It puts a glass like finish on the paintwork, which looks great and really brings out the metallic fleck. It protects for quite a while too 6m+.

This one is specifically for new metallic paint and the polish that comes with it trumps autoglym too having used both.

http://www.cleanyour...t/prod_358.html

http://www.cleanyour...t/prod_358.html

I would go with this post for silver.

If layering the LLS, make sure you leave 48 hours between coats any if possible try keeping it dry after coat one.

That is unless you want to go down the Wolf chemical route of using Hard Body.