50k!

Llanigraham

On the way home tonight, from a motor club meeting in Bristol, my car passed the 50k miles figure, so I thought I would pen a few words and facts.

Total mileage covered by me 47073

Diesel used 4598 litres

Giving an overall fuel consumption of 46.5 mpg.

About 1200 miles has been towing the caravan, which gave a consumption of 34 mpg approx.

2 services completed and the next due in about 4.5k miles.

Items replaced:

4 front windscreen wipers (I'm fussy)

1 DRL bulb (under warranty, after a protest)

1 H4 Osram Nightbreaker Plus headlight bulb, after the original Skoda fitted were replaced within a week of me getting Dewi.

1 rear number plate light bulb (when I get around to it!!)

4 new tyres, all Kumho's.

Oh, and a new OSF wing, front bumper, OSF headlight unit following an accident.

Overall we are very pleased with Dewi, so here's to another 50k!!

• Like 2

So far 23,00 miles ..lots of diesel ...because I do a few short trips a week...and it averages about 43mpg.... one service and two new tyres (Avon ZZ3), not one drop of oil consumed so far.....and...... that's it really apart from being one of the best cars I've had

Interesting. I've just done a deal to trade in my 140 Tdi 4x4 with about 40k mileage . (april 2010 l) and have had no problems/rattles whatsoever .( and got a really good part exchange price). Getting another more or less the same spec. Are newer Yetis having more problems I ask myself ?

Interesting. I've just done a deal to trade in my 140 Tdi 4x4 with about 40k mileage . (april 2010 l) and have had no problems/rattles whatsoever .( and got a really good part exchange price). Getting another more or less the same spec. Are newer Yetis having more problems I ask myself ?

Pot luck I think: neither of the two Yeti's we have owned have been rattle free or completely fault free either, albeit minor stuff so far. Wife's Fabia until recently had been OK but has in the last couple of months leading up to it's second 'birthday', suffered from a number of faults; again minor but annoying.

TP

54K on my Yeti, as Graham says above, tyres, wiper blades and that's about all it has had, it has a minor squeak coming from a back seat and a metallic noise (tap your left foot on the plastic left of clutch pedal and you can hear it) from the bottom of the dash under the heater controls, and it is still on the original brake pads all round.

Third service in a few weeks at 60K

28k in our yeti with only 2 front tyres and all three wiper blades replaced, only faults have been two rear skoda bades with the white worm, both replaced under warranty.

thinkiing of swapping our 2 wheel drive se for a 4 wheel drive se but unless buying new, none about in blue with the 140bhp engine.

What does the white worm look like? There is a mark on the top of my rear badge that loooks like it has been dug/scraped with a sharp point this appeared before the car was seven months old.

Wow!

Just passed 30k last week.

Second service due soon, although brake fluid also replaced.

All three wiper blades and all four tyres replaced. A couple of punctures repaired too.

Rear number plate bulb replaced and both badges.

Apart from an occasional squeak from the back at low speed, and the rear offside electric window misbehaving recently, I think that's it!

PS Just remembered I had to tighten the screw holding the driver's door stop and replace the washer fluid a few times!

On the way home tonight, from a motor club meeting in Bristol, my car passed the 50k miles figure, so I thought I would pen a few words and facts.

Total mileage covered by me 47073

Diesel used 4598 litres

Giving an overall fuel consumption of 46.5 mpg.

About 1200 miles has been towing the caravan, which gave a consumption of 34 mpg approx.

2 services completed and the next due in about 4.5k miles.

Items replaced:

4 front windscreen wipers (I'm fussy)

1 DRL bulb (under warranty, after a protest)

1 H4 Osram Nightbreaker Plus headlight bulb, after the original Skoda fitted were replaced within a week of me getting Dewi.

1 rear number plate light bulb (when I get around to it!!)

4 new tyres, all Kumho's.

Oh, and a new OSF wing, front bumper, OSF headlight unit following an accident.

Overall we are very pleased with Dewi, so here's to another 50k!!

• 1 year later...

Well - our Sergei SM passed 100,000 (miles not km) at the weekend. 

Had the DMF and clutch replaced at 78,000. Just sailed through second MOT last month.

Last 25k its been getting oil changes every 8-9000 miles (I'm fussy like that, as I consider it prolongs life, not least EGR valves & DPF (keeps soot levels down?) plus turbo bearings. Cheap insurance anyway, even if I'm misguided at <£50 per change using Castrol Edge FST 5w30).

Will need some new tyres, pads & discs over summer, pollen filter, etc. Perhaps fuel filter too if I'm feeling inclined? (Looks to be on original 2010 filter according to date on the canister).

So getting myself clued up on Yeti idiosyncrasies for those for DIY (rear callipers use some unusual bolt head sizes perhaps?). 

Not to mention a good clean down and polish - when I can prise it away from SWMBO.

Dewi can't be far off now Graham?  Must be plenty of others out there now at this kind of mileage.......

14,000 on mine, sunroof re plumbed and new interior fitted under warranty, air con compressor failed after year 1, replaced under warranty, failed again at the year 2 point and again replaced under warranty. 

Rather nervous about warranty expiring in 3 months. 

Dewi can't be far off now Graham?  Must be plenty of others out there now at this kind of mileage.......

82k now. It would have been nearer 100k but not having commuted to work for the last 5 months has brought it down. (thankfully)

Just approaching 60k and 4 years old, new car in about 5 weeks when lease expires. Would have done another 6 to 10k but have had two long periods off work ill. I do about 1/3 private to 2/3 work mileage.

Approx 45mpg overall, more recently as I seem to be driving more gently.

Front tyres replaced at around 26k and 52k, still on original rear tyres with about 3mm tread left.

Knocking from what I think is the rear offside wheel from new, under brisk but not full  acceleration in first, second and sometimes third gear, particularly when going slightly to the right, eg on a sliproad or pulling out of a junction and now getting much worse. So far the garage has had about 6 attempts to find the fault and cure it, including checking rear shocks, roll bar joints etc. Despite the fact I am convinced it is from the rear , they have also diagnosed a juddering clutch and replaced this and the flywheel and when this made no difference replaced both front drive shafts, still as bad. Basically I have given up and the next owner will have to sort out this lemon. However once at speed and at anything other than brisk acceleration the noise is absent. Personally I think there is a sticking or semi seized roll bar joint.

Working on the basis that I won't get two bad cars in a row so am still getting another Yeti as its good points still outweigh this annoyance. Ie comfortable driving seat, ease of getting in and out of the car, good view, reasonable economy, excellent lease rate due to second hand value, nice appearance etc.

Edited by kenfowler3966

I've now owned Snowy for ten months, just passed the 9k mark last week and booked in for first (10k) service this coming weekend. Should be on around 9,700 by the time I get to the dealership.

No issues to report so far, and still enjoying my yeti experience  :happy: 

• Like 2

Question for the OP, why running on Kumo's if you are self professed "fussy"?(re the 4 replacment wipers)

I appreciate they have their place, but not a brand I associate with best wet grip/absolute safety related performance.

Is there some particular reason. (I know the local LR cross country race type ran Kumo's but simply because they were cheap and their tyres were always getting cut to ribbons on rocks)

regards,

marcus

Question for the OP, why running on Kumo's if you are self professed "fussy"?(re the 4 replacment wipers)

I appreciate they have their place, but not a brand I associate with best wet grip/absolute safety related performance.

Is there some particular reason. (I know the local LR cross country race type ran Kumo's but simply because they were cheap and their tyres were always getting cut to ribbons on rocks)

regards,

marcus

What a strange comment, it appears to be "pick on Graham week"!

I've used Kumho tyres for the last about 9 years, first using their All Terrain tyres on my Freelanders and now their road tyre on the Yeti. They have performed as well as the Goodyears the Yeti came with in all weather conditions, and they actually seemed better in the snow. I have also found them surprisingly capable off-road. They certainly aren't the "ditch finders" a lot of the cheaper tyres are.

Also they have a very good reputation in the motorsport world, and one member here (Flintstone) uses the same make on his rally car. I think you will find that the LR team used them because they were the control tyre in the Championship they were part of.

• Like 2

Congratulations Graham on you reaching the 50 mark.

33K here, 2nd service in December. 4 new tyres, 3 new wiper blades and that's it. Oh yes, diesel but no oil.

Henrys in Glasgow.

I'll be down there for four days meeting friends and doing other stuff so it ties in nicely.

No I'm not - I'm in Yorkshire! :sun:

Oh - you mean the name of your servicing dealer!  Not my real name? Oops :giggle:  :)  Given my real name away now?

Marie - Have you changed the colour of your sweater - or your Avatar's sweater?  Sure I remember it in another colour? Or is my memory playing tricks?

I have indeed changed my avatar, how very observant of you Henry  ;) 

My old avatar looked pixelated on my retina display macbook, so I created a higher res one and changed the colour at the same time.

• Like 1